Dems Ban 'global War On Terror'...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 4, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

If only we'd thought of this sooner! The war on terror is over! The Democrats just banned it. Brilliant. Next, they can ban cancer, old age, poverty and fat chicks!
    This congress is insane.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Might be worth having a war on those! I wonder which country they'd attack.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You can't fight a feeling.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They did give a Nobel Prize for lobotomy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

And you're just another clueless Republican who's spreading propaganda. Read the rest of the artilce Einstein.

http://www.militarytimes.com/news/2007/04/military_gwot_democrats_070403w/

YAWN, owning Repubs is far to easy.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I'm spreading propaganda? The Democrats try to alter the language in a move reminicent of 1984 and I'm spreading propaganda? Give me a break. You want clueless, look in the mirror.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Don't you think the 1984 language manipulation involved declaring a war on terror in the first place?

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Not at all. We suffered the worst terrorist attack in our history, and declared war on terror. Nothing Orwellian about that.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

But the IRA, the Basque Separatists, the Tamil Tigers, are we at war with them, too?

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Hey, I didn't say it was the best name we could have used. Just that the name wasn't Orwellian.

I'd have prefered war on Islamofascism, rather than on the tactic they use.

As you point out, we are not really trying to root out every terrorist. Just the ones with international reach. More specifically, the ones who are trying to kill us.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Fight terror by using terror is like fighting fire with gasoline. Terror is a technique. The underlying root is stupidity - fight that.

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Doesn't the quote usually go, fighting fire with...............fire?

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

LOL, of course but I used that once and some smart arse went on and on about back burning! I thought this safer!

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Funny thing is you can fight fire with gasoline, they are called counter fires or fire breaks. You should pick your analogy better. Fighting terror by using terror is is screwing for virginity. Is a much better way of puttling that one, not that I agree with the concept at all. (Sorry posted this before reading to the end but i wanna keep the screwing for virginity line)

I actually think that the smartest thing to do as a nation is we should step up and say bascially for every American that dies due to roadside bombs, beheadings, suiscide bombers and bascially any other non direct combat situation, that we will find the perpetrators and annhillate them, their families, their livestock, their friends and their neighbors. Three or four times of the US actually doing it and I promise you such attacks on Americans will be unthinkable.

Now I know that will never happen, and I am glad it won't, just becuase I think it is the smartest course does not mean I actually advocate it. Smartest and most efficent is not neccisarily right.

Of course we could borrow a chapter from SADD and make a few mock runs like that. Instead of killing all those people make them wear a sign for the next month that states "If the Americans stooped to our level I would be dead now" It might get the point across and be compassionate at the same time.

Maybe I am just rambling a liittle.

18. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

you've seen swordfish then?

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

If you can find the perpetrators. More likely you'd end up picking people more or less at random for collective punsihment. Which is a great way to promote terrorism.

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

No, you forget they use terrorism against us becuase it works in their part of the world. Saddam kept order by effectively practicing terrorism and it worked. What they don't realize is when it comes to erroist acts Americans have the complete opposite reaction. We don't cower, we gather ourselves, shake off the dust then we make the perps pay and if we can't make the perps pay we make whoever lauds their efforts pay.

Now you'll note I only said it was the smartest move, not neccesarily the one we should practice. In fact I hope we never do.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think you'll find that actually benefits the terrorists. For example, al-Qaeda now has members in Iraq where it didn't before.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Yeah, Isreal has been doing that for the last half a century. And I have to tell you it's only getting worst for them. Not better by any stretch of the imagination.

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

True, ordinary agitprop and idiocy doesn't really rise to Orwell's standards.

We also suffered the worst hurricane attack in our history, and declared war on windspeed.

Wow.

But even the Dems didn't take away The War Against Terror, so we still have our beloved TWAT to keep us safe.