Men are living in the Past

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Singularity, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Singularity Banned Banned

I have seen many men make a Jack out of themselves by treating me like a woman from 19th Century. It seems most men have no idea about the change in the situation about women in science.

Even here some men talk as if i am a stripper or something.

In the end they pay for their superiority complex, as they are loosing on their women contacts, professional opportunities or status.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You're a woman?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

You are a scientist??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Singularity Banned Banned

Do u both want to discriminate me by treating me differently based on my profession or gender ?

This thread is not about me, its about primitive men.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, but do you equate discrimination with education?

9. Singularity Banned Banned

Definately , there are many instances where not so educated people have far out performed the highly qualified ones; the best examples is BillGates.

10. Dr_Zinj Registered Senior Member

Curious to know what kind of treatment you equate to 19th century of women.

Are we talking the master/slave scenario?
    Or the customer/prostitute (shades of Jack the Ripper anyone?) or the husband/mistress scenarios?
    Or the master of the house/dutiful submissive wife scenario?

Are we talking about a personal relationship, or a professional relationship?

Pierre and Marie Curie strike me as about the best professional relationship between a man and a woman in the 19th century, inspite of being married. of course I don't know what their private lives were like but it couldn't have been that bad if they stuck together.

I'll make one unsupported statement before I send this one off.

The sexual revolution and women's lib are to blame for men having no idea of how to treat women, or what their role in male-female relationships is supposed to be.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I hope that you're not so narrowly focused that you can't see "discrimination" in almost any and all forms of human interaction. Men "discriminate" against other men because of the lack of hair on their heads; or the size of their belly; or their height; or weight; or skin color; or nationality; or cultural background; or..........

Don't pump up your own ego with thinking that women are the only ones who "suffer" from "discrimination".

And now that I know you're a woman, I probably won't talk to you no more!

Baron Max

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Not to mention the discrimination men receive from women.
    We are stupid, greasy, barbaric, bumbling louts who think with our smaller heads and discriminate against women!

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Lucky her.

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I just thought you were full of Sh!^...

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Dr. Zinj is right, give us a few examples, otherwise we are not sure what you are bitching about...

But I will be happy to let you pay for our dinner, and I won't hold the door for you...

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I see you've met our resident nerds. You might want to take a look at [ENC]Women In Science[/ENC]

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

y iz it i always think everyone is joking? common? i mean look at samcdkeys post. it is likely she created that retarded "Women In Science" and it is as stupid a read as I have ever ventured.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

19. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Someone brought up the idea that sexual discrimination is really difficult to define, even more-so is sexual harassment. These concepts are usually confined to woman, but sometimes men can be victims as well.

For a really great analogy I read "do woman have the right to dress as sexually attractive as they like without there being consquences?" This address's the best question I've heard, is the fact woman dress whatever way they want and can basically have panties sticking out of their pants, shorts up to their butts, and belly shirts, a form of harassment against men?

Doesn't it cause men frustration and difficulty not being able to have sex with them when they are basically all sex'd up?

Would raping one be a real crime if she'd dressed so sexy?

These questions are truly difficult to answer, some would say rape is an unwanted sexual act but so to may be the womans way of dressing to show off her nakedness. Both are possibly equally unwanted, because let's face it what guy wants to look at a hot chick if he can't sleep with her?

20. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

That is not even the lest bit difficult to answer.
    YES it is dead wrong!

Regardless of how pathetically hard up you are, and how provocatively she may be dressed you have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO TOUCH HER AGAINST HER WILL.
    I don't give a shit if she is walking around naked, and you haven't had sex for three years - stare all you want but you have no right to touch anyone against his or her will.

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

For fucks sake get laid already Sderenzi.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"The 1990s is generally considered a time when the nerds finally "got their revenge", and many became fabulously wealthy as a result of the high-tech explosion.

Dramatic depictions of good nerds typically reveal them to be good-hearted people who wish harm on no one, but are bullied by their obvious intellectual inferiors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd

23. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I hope you're not talking about on SciForums Singularity. There is no way for anyone to know that you are a woman---there is no information in your profile, and nothing about your name suggests femininity.

If people talk to you like you are a stripper, then it is because you show a stripper's understanding of science.