Starting Civilization From Scratch

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Nov 13, 2006.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Say 100,000 random people are plucked from civilization. You are placed in a random earth environment. Everything is completely removed from Earth. No manmade objects.

The planet is completely empty with nothing but nature all around. And 100,000 people standing there wondering what the hell happened. All each person has are the clothes they are wearing.

All the people are of various ages and genders.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

I knew this would eventually come.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Is there a question? Are there cameras involved?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

My first agenda would be an announcement.

I have a plan. I am an expert in social design, facilitation, and arbitration. I will describe my plan of action for all of us. The first thing we need to do is get organized.

1. We all need food and water.
    2. We all need an organized area to sleep.
    3. We all need places to bathe and use the bathroom.
    4. We all need supplies for cleaning ourselves.
    5. We all need clothes.

I will describe how we can get organized to accomodate everybody. Before I describe this, I will address 2 things first. First, taking care of the children. Second, remaining at peace.

8. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

How the hell did you know that?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'd say have a nice day to the assembly and walk off into the wilderness. Hey, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.

10. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

What exactly is the challenge when we already know how civilisation can be achieved and how basically to knock about 10,000 years off achieving it?

Here goes cool skill with his uniform fetish shit again....

11. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

My first step would be to rebel. Who put you in charge?

12. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

My first step would be to lynch the pretentious idiot in the all-in-one stupid looking overalls and hang him from a very tall tree.

13. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Elementary, dear Watson. You're a closet survivalist who ostensibly hates civilization. At some point, you just can't keep the masturbatory fantasies of starting over from scratch to yourself. I've been anticipating this day since your first rant about capitalism.

EDIT: I'm not joking. I have actually been expecting this for months.

14. sderenzi Banned Banned

My first agenda would be an announcement.

I have a plan. I am an expert in breeding. I will describe my plan of action for all the woman. The first thing we need to do is get organized.

1. Men should go look for food and water.
    2. Woman should sleep with me to keep me warm.
    3. Bathrooms are anywhere, just pick a place.
    4. Woman need linguire.
    5. Men need to be entirely clothed, even their faces.

I will describe how we can get organized to accomodate me. Before I describe this, I will address 2 things first. First, woman are here to act as pleasure toys. Second, remaining at peace.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

You'd kill yourself? Oh.

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Well obviously this new civilization would need pointy-headed managers, lawyers, telephone sanitizers, management consultants. And someone good at marketing - asking what do people want from fire? Does it have to be orange? HHGTTG I love it.

17. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Was there a more obvious retort than that? Why even bother? I mean that's like the "automatic retort" that no one else made because it was too lame. You have made a fool of yourself, Nickelodeon.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Not everybody can survive on their own. Those that feel they can, are welcome to depart. Or they may volunteer to help us all to survive.

First, we require a group of people in charge of looking after all children from 0-13 years old. These "Chaperones" will make sure the children are cared for, and kept organized. When ready, I will ask adults who feel they can handle this task to volunteer. We will need one adult per 20 children.

Second, I am proclaiming my goal ensure that our society has not a single incident of human on human violence. We all need to ensure that not a single one of us here ever attacks another person violently or harrasses another person. We will prosper as long as we commit to this goal of a perfect track record for no incidents of human on human violence. There are various ways we can all work together to keep the peace.

We will all get together each day to vow that we will not commit a violent act on another no matter what, and that we will not harrass another no matter what.

We all need to work together to be alert of any potentially violent situations, and step in to make sure nothing happens. If you see anybody harrassing anybody, please try to safely diffuse the situation. If you feel you are being harrassed or threatened by anybody in any slightest form, please let us know about it.

If you have a dispute with anybody or have a complaint about anybody, we will all work together to come to a peaceful resolution that is satisfactory to all. We can satisfy everybody.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Start with the essentials: Set up a bureacracy.

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

It is essential.

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

If your judging fools, I have no worries.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Well unless you can do a better job, I suggest you assist my plans. I have plans to deal with this emergency situation, and expertise in organizing everybody peacefully, smoothly, and effectively. Nobody else around here seems to be able to do a better job at facilitating and organizing this situation, so I suggest I remain in charge based on my expertise.
    If anybody wants to run against me, we will both present our plans to the population, and have them vote on who the best person for thsi job is.

23. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

I'll do no such thing. I have a gun, and you'll listen to me or you'll die.