Why do women make eye contact?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by artistmosi, Mar 24, 2006.

1. artistmosi Registered Senior Member

Alot of women have been making eye contact with me lately on my way to work. Do they make contact in general, or only with guys they are attracted to? Is there any meaning underneath a female looking at a man or is it just something that they do? What should be the response when a woman makes eye contact? Is that an invitation to start conversation?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

When was the last time you trimmed your nose and ear hair?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

Eye contact is the first step to getting laid, so when it happens, widen your eyes slightly and smile. Avoid cheesy opening lines like, "Nice weather", in fact, ask an opening question like, "How long does this train take to Euston?" or something. Always a good icebreaker. Casually mention what you're doing at your destination, and let her engage you in convo - at this point, some girls will, and some won't. Some may be shy about being hit on in full public view, some may feel safer BECAUSE there are others around and can reciprocate. Think nothing of it, it's a numbers game.

A few years back, I was on an evening train from the north of England down to London, there was a older guy (mid/late 40's) and a girl facing each other on the seats to the right of mine, 4 hour journey, the guy engaged the girl in a convo, she was married unhappily, and he oh-so-sweetly got her to open her heart, and not just her heart. By the time we got to London, his tongue was actually down her throat.

I didn't fuck her because I was just too tired, or not drunk enough to bang a dog (she was plain, but if you're horny enough you don't look at the face on her head when her face is on your head). I'm simply making the point that it can happen.

Jaybee.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

The days of women casting their eyes downwards in male prescence are long gone, it means ZIPPO! NIL, Nada.

Re Jaybee, he's never been laid so I would not take any advice from him!

8. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

Usually, it means they've noticed something about you, maybe even subconsciously. If you're a sleeky bastard, you can exploit it however you want and usually get laid.

9. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

HHhmm..
    then does it mean something different if a guy looks into your eyes when you are female?

When I make eye contact, it's usually out of respect, or I Find something interesting in the person I am looking at. If they make eye contact back at me, I smile because I don't want the person to feel Wrongly stared at. Of course, then you get the person who roles there eyes at you and looks away.. but that's another thing. I don't think it instantly means "Screw me baby"... but, it does seem to state that That person doesn't mind being spoken too.
    hey, but I could be wrong. Every one is different.

10. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

They are probably thinking who the heck is that ugly git. Na am joking, but if that happen to me I'd get paranoid maybe the government is after you? and they are setting up a honey trap for you?

11. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I never look into a girls eyes. I always lower my gaze. I mean, its a religious issue.

12. Poincare's Stepchild Inside a Klein bottle. Registered Senior Member

If she just makes eye contact and looks away, it doesn't mean much. But if she holds the contact for a second and smiles a little, that means you have met her minimum standard of attractiveness. It is often a non-verbal invitation to further contact.

BTW, American women prefer self-confident men. Looking away from her gaze doesn't score you any points. It's a cultural thing.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

I would think it usually goes the same way for guys. But you would have to admit that although eye contact doesn't usually mean 'screw me, baby', the chances are you could end up in the sack if the guy's interresting/slick enough? It's a starter...

14. Arkantos Registered Senior Member

I have social anxiety and eye contact is a problem for me. I did notice a few times when passing this girl in the hall that the gaze seemed longer than normal. It was weird. I don't think I have ever experience that before, maybe because I usually was looking down. Was she looking back at me?

15. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

Ark':

Probably.

16. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i look at everyone in the eyes and i often smile at them, depending on my mood, and it doesn't necessarily mean anything... i just do that because i like it when people smile back

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And then you have sex with them?

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Eye contact is human beings' primary non-verbal means of communication. We say more to each other with our eyes than we do with gestures, body language, facial expressions, tone of voice, and rituals put together.

All those women are trying to tell you is that they are willing to communicate with you. They consider you a member of their community. You are accepted. It is a rite of passage. Be grateful. You must have made a good impression unconsciously. Now figure out what the communication is, because each one is different. Don't let these other guys sucker you into believing that it's all about sex. That will be a quick way to get tossed back out of the community.

19. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I always look everyone in the eyes too, and sometimes I even smile. I might even smile while I'm thinking about how pleasurable it might be to rip your arm off and beat you bloody senseless with it. Be careful.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

In many species looking into the eyes is an act of aggression or intimicacy depending on the way you look at it.

Some people say this is because when you look deep down in someone's eyes you look into their soul. That's not true. You are looking straight at the brain.

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I make eye contact with everyone I come across because I am NOT afraid to do so and want to see what they are about, the only time I don't make eye contact is with someone I detest as its not nice seeing grown men cry.

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

23. draqon Banned Banned

They're looking at your eyes? They like your eyes. Vampire turned girls are now looking at their prey. The eyes are delicatessen not just for vampires, the eyes of many species are served in asian countries.