Congratulations On Your New Found Love KalvinB and Tony1

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by razz, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razz Registered Senior Member

May the Lord bless your Union, and bind your hearts eternally.
    May he smile upon you with the warmth of a thousand suns.
    May his wisdom guide your lives together and give you happiness.

You guys make the perfect couple.
    Cheers
    RazZ

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

This is inappropriate for sciforums.

Posting unwarranted ridicule of anyone is inappropriate under any circumstances.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. blonde_cupid Registered Senior Member

razz,

Speaking of being the change you want to see in this world... how about deleting this thread?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I thought it was just cute....

8. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Completely inappropriate.

(ok, ok, so I laughed a little

)

9. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

For once I completely agree with blonde_cupid.

Please delete this thread.

10. razz Registered Senior Member

Freedom of Speech!!!!! Dont like it dont read it.

Tony1 and KalvinB have every right to be fiesty, funny and opinionated, not to mention abrupt and arrogant when it comes to online forums.
    I figured it was my turn to be abruptly humorous, Dont think for a second those two cant look after themselves.. I mean just look at what they say to other people on a daily basis, dont believe me have a look at this, its just a partial snippet from various random picked threads over the past few weeks and this isnt the half of it.

(Tony1 says

*Science demands only stupidity; it may politely request intelligence, but it rarely gets it
    *It's a process you're unfamiliar with, called "thought."
    *That's too much for atheists to figure out.
    *It's amazing that you are past grade two.
    *And your mother wears army boots.
    *You're the guy that proved beyond a doubt that he was not the kind of person who thinks
    *Well, duhhhhhhhhh! ...Just learn about the birds and the bees for the first time?
    *you may as well trade your brain in for some used bubble gum.
    *That is just recycled science teacher spit spray. ...You've been sitting too close to the teacher.
    *You may be starting to notice that you are having difficulty making sense and remembering what your point is.
    When that happens, try to remember that you are deluded, if you can.
    *Famous last words. ...When your argument is "common sense," it is well known that you don't have any.
    *You've gone insane.
    *"Can atheists feed themselves?"
    *Why?, too much drug ingestion on your part?
    *Do you have a brain?
    *Can you think at all?
    *Are you daft?
    *OK, are you still daft?
    *I am not suggesting that scientists can't read numbers on, say, rulers, In your case, I would wonder, though.
    *Simply put, you cannot think straight.
    *I take back any reference I may have made to your being able to reason at all.
    *The imaginary "records" of your feverish mind?
    *You are living in dreamland, nay, fantasyland.
    *Stupidly, I credited you with enough intelligence .
    *You are merely too stupid to recognize that.
    *DUHHHHH!!! ....Are your brains on vacation?
    *Use your brains or post at sciforums under the name tiassa.
    *Simple answer: people are idiots.
    *If you don't listen, you end up as a slave.
    *I said that so I could remind you of the many times you wanted to smash yourself in the head with a brick.
    *I'm sure you could smash yourself in the head with a brick tenor twelve times with no discernible damage.
    *You can't read very well, can you?
    *What's the matter? ...Can't handle more than two things at a time?
    *Maybe you should stick to reading comics. ...They usually have only a single edition, and they have pictures, too.
    *This is an interesting digression, considering that psychiatrists have given up on you, and I don't need to go at all.
    But, do go on.
    *Another fine waft of marijuana smoke.
    *What are you on??
    *You're living in complete dreamland.
    *Can you read?
    *Do you and tiassa share a bong by any chance?
    *Because, you idiot, there was no evolution.
    *Only stupid people would do that.

As far as Im concerned Tony1 and KalvinB are big enough to reap what they soe, and look after their own butts.
    I welcome them immitate, what I have done here.
    Id get a laugh from it if they did.

Ps: I was being humorous, I actually like Tony1 kicking around the boards, he keeps everything rolling especially when he has a bee in his bonnett, Im just motivating him.
    And KalvinB..he doesnt have his own brain he uses Tony1's so I guess he will get over it the same way I know Tony1 will.

Have a laugh, chill out, tis all in good taste and good spirits.
    cheers
    RazZ

Im glad some people have a sense of humour!

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Razz,

Humor is fine but not at the expense of other posters. Freedom of speech is fine and you are free to do as you wish providing you do not impact the freedom of others. In this respect your thread is treading a fine line and if there were any doubt of offense then it would be good judgment to avoid the risk.

I am well aware that tony1 has made many comments that most here consider represent questionable wisdom. However, if you respond in a similar manner then you are adopting the same techniques that we have all criticized and that makes you a hypocrite.

Tony1 has very few supporters here and if kalvinb wants to side with him when he does appear to make sense then that’s fine. Most here are too blinded by the many strange statements made by tony1 that we prefer to ignore the comments he does make that are actually quite accurate. Kalvinb does often pick up on the infrequent times when tony1 does say something we would consider of value but most of us ignore.

I’m also sure that kalvinb and tony1 can take care of themselves, but I would not like to be the object of ridicule and I would never do it to others no matter how much I might consider they deserve it.

I can find humor in almost every aspect of life but never at the expense of another individual. Lack of respect and intolerance for the ideas of others is the primary cause of conflict and wars.

You are seriously out of line.

Cris

12. razz Registered Senior Member

You have just gotta laugh!

I am constantly amazed at how much controversy often surrounds any post made in direct regard to Tony1's dignity.

I hear and see on a daily basis, people shooting down the bible, mocking jesus's existance, questioning prophets reliablility, attacks on the virgin mary and attacks on other members belief's both aithiest and religious based.
    However not once do i see the troops rally to defend these basic fundamental ideals, rights and beliefs the same way as they rally for Tony1, wow...
    where are you when non christian or unkown peoples rights, ideals and opinions are violated?
    Where are your votes of distaste when Tony1 makes remarks that are completely unacceptable.

Not one of you defends the Lord or the bible with such direct conviction as you defend yourselves, and your own.

Just get over yourselves, what i did was funny, and quite legal and within the democratic rights that so many generations died to protect.
    If I want to make a joke about the fact Tony1 and KalvinB act like and old married couple then thats my decision, if YOU dont like it then block me, put me on your invisible list, in the mean time I'll say as I wish, talk how I please and use my freedom of choice to do as I damn well please, hypocritical would be to silence me for having my say when you all felt so strongly about Harry Potter book burning and many other democratic based rights.

I drew a picture of Tony and KalvinB having a kiss, just wondering how many Jokes you have made about Bill clinton, princess Dianna, Ossam bin laden, O.J. Simpson, Bill Gates, Micheal Jordan, Elton John, and 50 million other people in your media and if they recieve the same respect from YOU the public, that you are demanding of me? hmmm or is it ok to mock them because they are in the public eye or not in your list of favorite people?

Build a bridge accept that life isnt allways fair and get the hell over yourself.

Have your opinion, say what you feel, stop hiding behind false morals and make believe values.... now thats the change id like to see in the world.... UP FRONT, HOME GROWN HONESTY.

Im not here to make friends and I allways give as good as I get, tis my nature, deal with it.

Have lovely democratic day.
    RazZ

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Cute ...

It's no more than a political cartoon as far as I'm concerned.

And, yes, it may be, as some have pointed out, inappropriate. However, since we're apparently going to go through this one more time at least, it should be noted that this conduct is not prohibited by the TOA, insofar as I can tell.

Since I can't concurrently call up the TOA page by making a new membership without signing Tiassa out, I'll do that later. But, as I recall, when I looked at the TOA a few months back when Oxygen modified a post of mine and a post of Howard's, there was nothing in the TOA that really spoke against such behavior. Razz, I believe, has license.

After that, it's a matter of taste.

I think it's hilarious. But, since we're all supposed to jump on Razz at this point:

Razz, how dare you ... how inappropriate was that? I mean, don't you know that such editorial comment belongs in the Free Thoughts forum?

thanx,
    Tiassa

14. MuliBoy psykyogi Registered Senior Member

It was a nice pic indeed. Did you draw it?
    But still, it´s a cheap shot. Not offended in any way mind you, but it feels as just a simple attempt at rattling their cages. I´m not saying it must be deleted, but I wonder why you did it? Does it serve a purpose higher than the obvious insult to a couple of diehard christians?
    Was it good for you?

15. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I did find those quotes of tony1 interesting, goes to show how abusive he is I guess. And he's wondering why Porifory is receiving so many complaints about him

16. Markx Registered Senior Member

I agree with Xelios, I can see in some of my posts he couldn't come up with any valid argument, Just quote some verses and disregard the others. Thats all we get. But I guess this is little inappropriate.

17. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

razz ...

Go for it!

Keep it up and I may have to visit the 'Religion' forum more often.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Take care.

18. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Guys, guys, the timing really sucks.

Dave gave Tony1 a warning at the weekend and tony1 gave a positive response and agreed to change somewhat. All his posts since that time have been really quite good and I have taken him off my ignore list. So I was of the opinion that at last we may have some courteous debates.

So I can appreciate the humor but damm it this thread may well screw things up. The timing really is bad.

Perhaps too many have him on their ignore lists and didn’t notice the change. Nuts!

Cris

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The timing IS the downer.

Cris

Well said. Spoken. Er ... written.

You are absolutely correct about the timing. I was looking back today through the thread we had with Brian way back when Dave executed a ban against The Word. It seems to me that there's a compromise at play here.

Tony1 wouldn't have lasted a month by that standard; KalvinB would have been gone in the space of his tantrums against Godless and Elbaz. There has been a steady rise in the level of crap we're allowed to sling around here.

The thing is that under the old Exosci TOA, the longer paragraph, such a post as this topic was definitely inappropriate for the forum. Pretty much anything goes these days ... you especially, Cris, I would ask to take a look at the number of posters who have arrived in the last year: this combative atmosphere is all of Sciforums they've really known.

On the other hand, we've gotten a lot off our chest. Right now, if we split into two camps, it seems both is waiting for the other to quit the field before we return to civility. Each side keeps hoping to score a definitive blow that can end this fundamentalist-centered bickering.

I, myself, threw my hands up for the last time when I watched three people arguing in defense of Tony1's conduct flat-out refuse to cite examples of what they complained about. Sciforums is becoming more and more a microcosmic "real-world". I know you did long, long before that.

Yet here we are ... you're injecting some sanity back into this process. I'm thinking, though, that since this is becoming the way of Sciforums, we ought to propose to Dave that he create a Rumpus Room forum, where anyone can take their petty disputes from any of these other forums and basically swing it out there.

To the other, I doubt that would work, anyway.

Winter's a good time to get it all out, anyway. Half of us are probably lamenting that odd Seasonal Affective Disorder, and actually need to unload whatever's bothering us. Surrogate reality, surrogate disputes for surrgoate emotion ... there's any number of theories, but none explain what to do about it.

And most of us have gotten it out, by and large. I'm even communicating pleasantly with Blonde Cupid, after our vociferous exchanges, and though I'm not done tangling with Tony1 or KalvinB yet, there's been a lessening of volume. I think many are just getting tired of expending the energy.

So while Razz's post is definitively ill-timed, and matters of taste accounted for, I'm thinking we might still see that clear sailing for a bit. It's winding down a bit, and hopefully that trend will continue. When we exit the reactionary mode, we can enter the thinking mode.

thanx,
    Tiassa

20. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

"I'm not done tangling with Tony1 or KalvinB yet"

shadow boxing is fun.

Ben

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Then try a different corner of the gym

Then find somewhere else to stand. After all, if you stand in my way while I'm shadow boxing, you might get hit.

I'm quite happy at your point, though, KalvinB. I take it as an announcement that you're ready to start treating your fellow posters with respect. And then, indeed, we can go back to shadow boxing.

I know you were hoping to score a more poignant point with your ill-conceived sarcasm, but the truth of the matter, KalvinB is that you can't escape the record you've left of your behavior without either erasing all those posts or else changing your ID. If you declare the tangle to be shadow boxing, I will assume that to mean there is no tangle. If there is no tangle, I shall assume that to mean that the reason for this is that you're through abusing people at this forum.

And for that, we all cheer.

thanx,
    Tiassa

22. KalvinB Publicity Whore Registered Senior Member

and again. Whatever Tiassa.

Ben

23. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Ugh! Factions! That is a religious idea. I like to call it independent, intellectually-motivated parallel of thoughts. We may gain ideas from other such individuals, but we cannot be lumped in the theocratic system. We do tend to group, but only as an effective countermeasure to the combined ramblings of Tony, Loone, and Kalvin.
    I have the distinct impression that you, Kalvin, have given up. Has anyone else noticed the steady decrease of the amount that Kalvin has to input? Whereas he would run a long-winded childish rant in the past, he is now limited to snipets of snive comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.