Iran denies wanting to "wipe Israel off the map"

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Zephyr, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

"Nobody can remove a country from the map. This is a misunderstanding in Europe of what our president mentioned," Manouchehr Mottaki told a news conference, speaking in English, after addressing the European Parliament.

"How is it possible to remove a country from the map? He is talking about the regime. We do not recognize legally this regime," he said.

source

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dkb218 Banned Banned

Can we be even more clear? Not everyone in Iran wants the death of Israel. Just some. Why do we say "Iran" wants this? Alot of people in Iran think the president they have now is a bit crazy. Trying to send the country back into the stone age.

They want there western music and night clubs and fast women just like any other red blooded male running the streets. They want there McDonlds and KFC's, Burger Kings and what have you.

The average person in Iran is not much different the the average person in the USA.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Now that is as beautiful a piece of bullshitting as I've seen. Of course, he doesn't get away clean, does he? Instead of wanting the actual country (i.e. the land) wiped from the map, he simply wants the inhabitants gone. Say, pushed into the sea?

Why, that's certainly a totally different claim than wanting the wipe Israel off the map.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

this little piece of shit was just being smug about it. the "president" of Iran means what he says, just as Khomeini meant what he was saying.

and they did explicitly talk about nuking Israel. i cant find the link but one of the ruling Mullahs there was saying that a nuke by Iran of Israel will destroy the "Zionist cancer" whereas a nuke by Israel of Iran will only hurt Iran and tarnish Islam, making the idea of nuking Israel a good one, since the end will justify any negative result and the means too

8. aaa Registered Senior Member

i think the last statements were pretty obvious about Iran's policy.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

/sarc

Please, funkstar: he's clearly just a very religious geography enthusiast.

/sarc off

Geography Geoff

10. otheadp Banned Banned

on his map, everything is either Islamic Land, or Occupied Islamic Land. all countries and regions fall within those 2

11. towards Relax...head towards the light Registered Senior Member

I just wonder how he is going to deny his "America and Israel blew up the Golden Mosque in Samarra" statement. Yes, there is nothing more than the United States wishes for than a civil war in Iraq. That is truly in their best interests......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. mountainhare Banned Banned

funkstar:
    Oops! Sorry retard, but apparently you have a problem when it comes to functional literacy.

I find it baffling how people equate "driving out an invader" with "attempted genocide". I guess the Americans were committing genocide against the English when they fought in the Revolutionary Wars.

13. otheadp Banned Banned

mountainhare i hope you get gangraped by 7 Revolutionary Guard officers, and then get hung for being unpious, you apologist reactionary little bleeding heart

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  14. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

My, my. You know, I don't really care for your insults. It's so unbecoming.

And to undo my rebuke: moron.

15. mountainhare Banned Banned

funkstar:
    I don't give a shit about what you 'care for', and what you find 'unbecoming'. Suck it up, nancy.

16. towards Relax...head towards the light Registered Senior Member

couple of simple points:

a) all translations I have seen clearly state that he said "wiping of the map". This does not mean "driving out invaders". It can only be taken one way. I cannot see how this is even an argument.

B) Considering that Israel has never invaded Iran, and only Iran regularly attacks Israel, I cannot see how an American revolution:English analogy works here. Wait until a Palestinian talks about destroying Israel, than you can make it work.

17. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Yes. That's putting me in my place. I'm certain to agree with you now.

18. mountainhare Banned Banned

towards:
    Wiping a country off the map does not equate to genocide. I wish you'd understand the concept of redrawing the borders of a country which shouldn't exist in the first place.

Iran regularly attacks Israel? LOL, give me a fucking break.

It works because the European Jews are invaders in Arab land.

19. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

The jews have lived in the middle east for thousand of years, how long have the americans lived in america, or the australians in OZ, or the kiwis in NZ, or the canadian in canada, the jews have lived longer in the middle east, than these 4 countries combined existence as colonies, for the defunct british empire.

What is all this fighting about a couple of thousand sand dunes, what do they want this land for, to say this is my sand castle, and its bigger than your sand castle.

I think they should share the land, & the sand castles too, i dont see why israel should have all the fun, there is enough sand for everyone there.

20. mountainhare Banned Banned

vincent:
    Umm, depends which Jews you are talking about.
    Some Arabic Shephardic Jews have lived in Palestine for thousands of years.

Most European Jews have lived in Palestine for about 60 years. I don't know where you are getting 'thousands of years' from.

21. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Yeah alot of jews pissed off to europe over the centuries, for work yada yada, then they responded to the call from jewman to come back after the brits pissed off, & to form there promised land, the land they killed jesus on (bastards).

Brits went to america, the wizard of Oz, Kiwi land, & canada, now if the uk has some massive disaster, are not the people of our former colonies, who have had british ancestors, not entitled to go back to the uk, & call it there home to, if you have ancestors from a country in my view thet is always your true home.

22. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

I always thought the British just wanted taxes. If they invaded America at all it would be in setting up the colonies which they later fought against. Maybe you mean the native Americans should have repulsed the European immigrants (before they became established enough to fight against Britain in the war of independence)?

...belongs more in the history subforum, I suppose.

23. mountainhare Banned Banned

Zephyr:
    So the British never invaded America? They never fought against the Americans during the War of Independance?
    Is your history THAT fucking bad? It wouldn't surprise me, given that you're a Zionist.