CNN censors live broadcast of Iranian president's speech about the Holocaust

Discussion in 'World Events' started by secondboy, Feb 11, 2006.

1. secondboy Registered Member

CNN censors live broadcast of Iranian president's speech about the Holocaust

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- CNN censored part of the live broadcast of the Iranian president's speech during a rally in Tehran on Saturday, which put the phenomenon of the Holocaust under question.

The Cable News Network (CNN) censored part of Iranian president Ahmadinejad's speech in Tehran on Saturday who was addressing millions of rallying people on the occasion of the 27th anniversary of the victory of the Islamic Revolution.

Ahmadinejad was censored when he started talking about the Holocaust and when he put the issue under a question mark and said, "if you are not lying about the Holocaust, then why don't you let our scientists come to your countries to conduct a research on the issue. You do not even let your own scientists and thinkers to run a research on the issue and as soon as they raise doubts or put the issue under question, you suffocate them."

CNN was relaying the live broadcast of Ahmadinejad's speech by the Islamic Republic News Network and it did not cut the program even when the Iranian president was stating his country's strong opposition to the west and its hegemony and trespass of the other nations' rights. But as soon as Ahmadinejad started talking about the Holocaust, the reputable American channel cut his words on the pretext of intermission.

Once the Iranian president was through with that part of his speech about the Israeli Regime, the falsehood of the raison deters of Zionism and Israel and the current status quo in the Palestinian occupied lands, CNN started the broadcast again.

The measure seems to be globally coordinated since BBC also embarked on censoring the same part of the Iranian president's speech, which referred to the Holocaust again on the pretext of intermission.

If you are interested to know the highlights of president Ahmadinejad's speech, or if you would like to be informed about the details of the said censored part, please check it out on our first news of the day.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8411220305

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Wow - is Ahmadinejad still denying the Holocaust?

What a racist freak.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, secondboy.

Geoff

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

As you mentioned to Brian Foley, just as Muslims aren't a race, neither are Jews.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well, unless you're a Zionist or Nazi and believe in that, of course.

Sorry, I just *had* to join in the fun and do my OMG I'm cool +1 nitpick like everyone else.

- N

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

the holocaust was a reality, it happened
    there have been books upon books written and documenting the subject
    this ahmadinejad is a jerk

go to any country that was involved with ww2 and do some research.
    there is no need to take americas account
    ask russia
    ask japan
    ask france
    ask britain

8. Happeh Registered Senior Member

"Wow - is Ahmadinejad still denying the Holocaust?

What a racist freak.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, secondboy.

Geoff"

Wow! Are the western democracies, the ones complaining about freedom of the press in relation to the danish cartoons, still censoring the news in relation to Israeli World Domination?

Total Hypocrites

Thanks for bringing that to our attention secondboy

Happeh

9. firecross Scientist Registered Senior Member

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The Nazis, who were not Jews, did indeed consider them enough of a race to try exterminating them. Jews themselves also consider themselves a race, since much of "Jewishness" concerns inheritance and descent. Meanwhile, islam bridges all boundaries of race, with something like 1/3 of all muslims not being Arab. Of course, those who criticize islam don't do so on racial grounds, but religious ones, whereas any Jewish person seems to be fair game for Nazis and islamofascists.

Sorry, just HAD to jump in there nitpick you back!

Geoff

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Wow! Are average, run-of-the-mill islamofascists like Happeh still denying the Holocaust, for which abundant evidence exists, while claiming that masturbation causes excess leaning with no evidence whatever?

Thanks for still being dumb, Happeh.

Geoff

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Inbreeding. Eugenics. Jews are known to intermarry with each other.

I could go out and bang my cousin but that wouldn't mean we'd all of a sudden be creating a new race.

- N

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So first they're a race, then they're not.

Make up your mind, Neildo.

Geoff

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Uh, where'd I ever say they were a race? My first post says they're not. My second says they're inbreeding. (and yes, I added to it real quick before seeing your post as Firefox crashed as I hit post on it then you responded)

Do two whites of different families create birth defects? Do two blacks of different families create birth defects? No. Do they create birth defects when being closely related? Yep.

When you have a small population such as Jews, they're bound to inbreed. They believe they're their own race due to religious belief, but they're not.

- N

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I missed this post of yours.

Where you nitpick me back? What you said is what I already said in the post of mine you're responding to, hence the:

"Well, unless you're a Zionist or Nazi and believe in that, of course."

Sorry, there's nitpick +2.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Uh, when you have high levels of inbreeding, you have close genetic relatedness: i.e. a population. It's not possible to have inbreeding and consanguinous defects without close genetic relatedness, meaning genetic distinction from other populations (i.e. Europeans, Africans, etc.).

So your first position is a verification of the fact they're a race, but your second statement says they can't be.

Make up your mind.

Geoff

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There's another thread on the Jewish "race". Take that discussion there. This one is about CNN censorship, apparently.

18. firecross Scientist Registered Senior Member

So are Catholics, yet I am not aware of any Catholic genetic diseases.

Maybe the Catholics have chosen a kinder god that has not cursed them to miserable failure at every turn?

It takes very small populations, generally a few thousand to be inbred. That is why small groups like the Amish have problems.

Larger closed populations do not have inbreeding problems. For example, 250,000 Icelandics of basically the original Viking stock are not inbred, but instead produce a disproportionate amount of cultural and literary material, as well as being world famous for producing healthy, attractive people.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think CNN should not have censored his comments, so everyone can see how ignorant he is. It is sad that his extremism will only justify whatever military action the US is planning against Iran.