Endor: Uber Ewoks or Imperial Ineptitude?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Roman, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Roman Banned Banned

How did the Imperials lose in the Battle of Endor?

Are Ewoks incredibly powerful creatures, or were the Storm Troopers just crappy?

How did the AT-ST walkers (the bird looking things that walked around) get destroyed with logs? I don't think you could damage a modern-day tank with a log.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

We all know the imperial's lost because of bad script writing and wishful thinking of a deluded son of a bitch.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kv1at3485 Strategic Operations Registered Senior Member

The Empire was actually doing quite well. The Ewoks, aside from the few who had managed to acquire blasters, couldn't hurt the stormtroopers, and the rebel strike group pinned down at the bunker (with the troopers still under orders to bring them in alive for some reason.)

It wasn't until a certain wookie and friends hijacked an AT-ST that things went downhill for the Empire. The AT-ST crew took an understandable gamble. They thought there was only a bear or two on top, not a wookie.

The AT-ST is a flimsy vehicle. It's the only way you could get a walker to work anyway. That the AT-ST is vulnerable to kinetic strikes is not surprising, nor is its vulnerability to other vehicular blasters. It's a light scout vehicle. It's made to chew up enemy infantry and withstand light blaster fire. If it comes up against anything heavier, its supposed to run away (or at least try to).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

complete imperial ineptitude,troppers are stupid and weak,hell more troopers die in 5 minutes of one movie then all the redshirts combined.

and no wonder,stupid camo patterns[except on hoth],weak/dangerous vehicles,pisspoor training,weak blasters, horrible corrupt leadership,shitty writers, and SW's overall lameassness,thats why they lost on endor.

8. The Evelyonian Registered Senior Member

I don't see how the Empire could be powerful enough to control the galaxy and still lose to an army of teddy bears

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Besides, the second Death Star was operational so they should have blasted Endor into oblivion when things started to go badly down there.

9. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

since sw obviously cant put shields on a deathstar,they kind of screw themselves. what was the point of putting the shield on a planet when the weapon its shielding is a planet destroyer?

the empire is retarded at best. sw sucks balls and has horrible writing.

hell,st even has more movies then sw. only 6 sw stories have been good enough to be made into movies.

thats just sad.

and sw fans honestly belive the empire could take out the entire st galaxy when they have severe trouble with ewoks.

i bet sw would lose to tribbles.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The point was the Shield generator being on the planet was meant to be a trap. I saw this before they even showed it. beside the Deathstar was operational but almost half was missing, guess what foes in that half.

11. kv1at3485 Strategic Operations Registered Senior Member

The Empire did not lose to a bunch of teddy bears. They lost because of the damned wookie.

According to the novelization (I think) nearing the end of the battle the DSII was rotating to get a shot at the moon.

During the movie, the superlaser emitter actually does end up pointing toward the moon. (Compare the scene when the rebel fleet comes out of hyperspace and when the Falcon is flying away from the DS just before it blows up.)

---

And since it seems mars13 is still going on about stormtrooper ineptitude...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Led by a Yeti, and several rebel troopers.

13. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

so now one wookie can now bring down the empire?

either way,the empire is a bunch of losers. the lost throu incompatance and corruption. plain and simple.

dont like it? tough shit sw sucks balls.

14. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

1. The stormies at that base weren't expecting a damned yeti to hijack one of thier assault vehicles, which completely turned the tables. It would be like an Iraqi capturing one of our Abrams tanks in the Gulf War.

2. Then why were the rebels being obliterated by the time of Endor? Why did they never actually go away? Why, then, is it commonly accepted, except by you, that SW > ST?

3. Corruption? The Empire brought order to the galaxy. The Republic was corrupt. The Empire did away with that, and reorganized it for better effeciency and stability. Incompetance? Imperial troops have shown competancy numerous time, on a far larger scale than your precious redshirts.

4. Yeah, you go with that, everyone else in the world will say that you are wrong.

15. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

first off your not the entire world,and more then one person one here agrees with me,so your allready wrong as hell.

second,one wookie with one shitty walker destroys the empire.
    thats the definition incompetance. so stormies are incompatant.

if you dont like too bad,your own words prove me right.

16. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

It didn't destroy the entire empire, you fucktard. It destoyed some troopers, and managed to just hold them off while Han planted the explosives.

Second of all, show evidence of stormtroopers incompetance.

Third, who the fuck in a right state of mind here agrees with you?

17. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

the guy who started the thread for one. he thinks troopers are either stupid or ewoks are strong as hell.and not everyone is arguing for strong ewoks,so they must be arguing trooper incompatance.[since their are only two choices]

either way losing any battle with any ewok for any reason is pathetic.

18. Roman Banned Banned

I think the ewoks are an incredibly powerful race, beings of uncomprehensible knowledge and power. They have chosen to give up a material existance, and instead live a life of simple joys and martial discipline, and so settled on endor, assuming the form of small, bearlike creatures. Why they choose to look like teddy bears, we'll never know. Perhaps they have a sense of humor?

Bad example. Unless that Iraqi was either the Terminator or John Rambo.

We all know that the heros of a show can do amazing stuff. Why do you think Star Trek has red shirts? Someone has to die to make that man in face putty look dangerous!

19. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

face putty still beats a sock puppet .

20. Roman Banned Banned

And there are three possibilities. Probably more.

1. Ewoks are super powerful
    2. Storm Troopers are pathetic
    3. Geroge Lucas inacccurately portrayed what really happened on Endor, despite him having creative liscence and directing it.

Let us first examine possibility two, storm troopers being pathetic:
    This doesn't much sense, assuming that they are humans and that the level of energy and everything is equivalent with what we use (that is, a SW calorie raises 1 cubic cm of earth water 1 degree C, durasteel is really durable, etc).

Possibility 3:
    Lucas is sort of a cunt. This is entirely possible. Except that he wrote the story. So there exists here some sort of weird paradox in which the creator of a something that never happened really knows what happened. It's of my opinion that the Troopers really did get their asses kicked by teddy bears and a bigger teddy bear.

Possibility 1:
    This is all that's left.

All I have to say is, looks can be decieving, as obviously demonstrated by tiny furry creatures (of godlike power and intelligence, mind you) destoryed a bunch of space faring humans with all sorts of technology.

21. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

the troopers were missing every shot throu all three movies. the majority of evidence suggests that troopers are just stupid.

ewoks never demonstrated that they were strong or smart,hell they didnt even have metal.

and lucas is a douche.

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Missing every shot does not make them incompetant. Ever thought of their Imperial Blasters being wholly inaccurate? Like in today's world, the powers that be bring in weapons for our troops based on incorrect data and politics (and money). In many of the Star Wars games I have played, the blaster is indeed quite inaccurate. This is probably because it's quite short, thus only really appropriate in close quater battles. I would think that if the blasters were more the size of todays assault rifles, the rebellion would probably be over pretty soon. But that's just a theory.

Another example of incompetance at the top is their armour. It's white. Pissing white. I think this was done in much the same way the armies of a few centuries did; to demonstrate pride and courage. If you're walking through the woods in white full body armour, your lifespan would be incredibly short. So thanks to the arrogance of the top brass, we have a few more coffins to fill.

My main reason for the Imperials losing the Battle of Endor is Mr. Lucas. His main goal is to tell a good story and he believes a good story has the good guys triumph. In short, he's shit at writing and directing. If he took a more realistic approach to the movie, we would soon see Chewbacca's head adorning Darth Vader's dining quarters pretty sharpish. Logs crushing an AT-ST? No freakin' way. Maybe a dent, but completely obliterating it...that's hard to swallow. And Ewoks with stones attached to ropes taking out stormtroopers...that's just like watching an American G.I. taking out a Nazi officer with a knife. You're not supposed to see the good guys die and no-one in the 70's wanted to go see teddy bears with severed limbs everywhere. So the bad guys must be beaten by the good guys regardless.

If Star Wars was made today by a different person with a realistic mindset, we'd soon be seeing an open grave full of those TY dolls being covered over. Now that is a movie I'd like to see. Ewok's being taken out with a single blast to the back of the head; execution style. Oh yeah!

23. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

then its a combination of lucas sucking and imperial leadership incompatance.