Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tristan, Aug 24, 2005.

?

Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Do nice guys finish last?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

I like how you give only a yes or no answer. sometimes being nice causes problems, other times it helps. thats about all I can say. to anyone who says "nice guys finish last" you should say something to the effect of "finish last in what? life? you can die first, I don't care"

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. I always say Nice Guys Finish Last - but i'm still a nice guy
    and yeah - we often get screwed over....

It's Harsh But True

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

I won the Cheshire 10K junior section last week and i would like to think i am nice, but maybee i'm not, i would have to say idiots finish last

8. Christopher3 BLINDED BY SCIENCE Registered Senior Member

Nice guys appear to finish last because society gears men to be pricks, show no feelings, tough and decisive, arrogant and domineering, the genetic code reprints the bad boy trait as a superior trait of survival.. cause it takes no shit,, and demands its needs, the nice guy lets you walk all over them, hence missed oppurunities in the adreneline, testoterone paced world...end of story nice guys finish last!

9. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Wow chris, thats pretty much it!

10. Lord_Tigersloth Registered Senior Member

I would like to think I am nice, and I don't think that forces me to finish last in anything except going through doors! That is being polite though, and I don't think that you have to be nice to be polite.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. user01 Registered Member

i guess it´s just a stupid tradition ..... i mean it´s irrational , or does anybody see a good reason !?
    sorry for being OT

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes. But if they are smart as well, they can often work it out....

13. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Im not a nice guy.. does that mean i finish first?

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

15. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

depends on what your goal is.

16. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Exactly.

I consider integrity my ultimate goal.
    I may get fucked over by someone with less scruples from time to time, but I don't consider that finishing last.
    If you do, perhaps you are not as nice as you think.
    What do you consider "nice"?

18. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

Even though I voted that Nice Guys finished last, I would like to point out that it is scientifically proven that Short Guys finished last. But from a Life point of view, the sad truth is Girls finish last.

19. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

last.
    booyah! I am 6'10 =]

really though, I went into a job interview one time and when I ducked to come in the door, the guy yelled "you're hired!" he was only joking, but I got the job. my height, which was an icebreaker, may have been a key to getting that job. so maybe tall guys do finish first =]

20. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

hahaha, cato.

Anyway, the unspoken context is relationships. It seems that the "nice guy" is always the
    "nice friend"... that is always there with a shoulder to cry on when the asshole boyfriend does something retarded.

Anyone care to comment on that?

21. Christopher3 BLINDED BY SCIENCE Registered Senior Member

Nice guys have a hard time getting layed, because women want to be taken uncounciouslly by a strong man that can be a savage beast in the bed, and a strong provider to her offspring... Nice guys don't often understand the concept that women rather have heart to heart conversations with their girlfriends, even though they tell you they want you to open up more and be more sensitive....They really only want you to be more sensitive to her needs, void of your needs or feelings.....Nice guys feel to much and thats an evolutionary turn off...guys that feel like a woman can't fend of the elephants , or hunt the wild boar, or defend the hearth from other dangers..

22. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

Nice guys finish first, If you use darwins theory, that only the strongest survive. In theory those who finish last are the weak, they are unable to defend themselvs against our perfectionate society, and do not threaten other males, allowing themselvs to be easily consumed by the stronger animal. As far as sex goes, women like men who are nice, and confident (nice men can be strong and confident, they dont automatically have to be weak and easily manipulated), they want to be appreciated. If you think physical strength and brutness is what affects a womans passion, you live in a pathetic environment.

23. Christopher3 BLINDED BY SCIENCE Registered Senior Member

Women like nice guys, I have to qulms with that... they love roses, dinners, attention flaunted on them...The question should really read why does the whimp finish last, and never get the girl!