Possible WMDs Found In Iraq!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brutus1964, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

American Forces Information Service

WASHINGTON, Aug. 13, 2005 – Acting on detainee-provided tips, coalition forces found what's believed to be an insurgent chemical production facility and chemical storage locations during Aug. 9 raids in northern Iraq, officials in Iraq reported today.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Technical experts are analyzing this chemical production equipment believed to be part of a clandestine operation. Officials state so far that evidence was insufficient on what was being produced at the facility found during a U.S.-led raid Aug. 9.
    The early morning raids, conducted by Task Force Freedom, uncovered what technical experts believe to be a "clandestine chemical production facility" and possibly related storage sites.

Military officials are careful to state that ongoing analysis of the chemical evidence collected from the sites is currently insufficient to determine what the insurgents had been producing.

"We are continuing to investigate the production and storage facilities to determine what type and quantities of chemicals were produced at the facility and the specific threat posed to our forces," said Col. Henry Franke, Multinational Corps' nuclear, biological and chemical defense officer.

"We don't want to speculate on any possibilities until our analysis is complete," he added.

But military officials believe they've disrupted a potentially serious threat to coalition forces and the Iraqi people.

Intelligence experts are conducting related investigations to determine which terrorist or insurgent group is responsible for the construction and operation of the secret facility.

Bad news for the Democrat Party and their propaganda machine (mainstream media). WMD's may have been found in Iraq, contradicting the deeply held belief amongst Bush antagonists and UN apologists. If this is true Bush and the entire war effort in Iraq will be vindicated. All the nay Sayers and anti war activists will have egg on their faces. Will this cause Hanoi Jane to turn her bus around? Will those who have accused President Bush of lying to get us into the war now recant and admit it was they who wrong? I doubt it.

It has been my contention all along that Saddam did in fact have WMD's. Everyone in the world including the UN, Russia, Germany, and even France acknowledged that he did have them. Saddam's behavior before the war pointed to it. The fact that none has been found does not prove they ever existed. It just proved that Saddam was very good at hiding things. Iraq is a big country and things could have easily been concealed in way that no one could find them.

We will just have to see if the media picks up on this or whether they bury it. We will have to see but it's my bet we won't be hearing much about this because it will embarrass the media along side the Democrats. It will be fun to watch. We will have to see what happens from here.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Brutus1964, you have got to be kidding me. It’s a bloody cement mixer with a few gallons of chemicals. So what? I have 10x as much sitting in my chemistry laboratory right now.

Big deal?

My question: What is your definition of a WMD? Something that can cause a chemical hazard spill and remove staff for the afternoon? Get real.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

Michael

Read the links. There are more photo's in the actual article. Also the source of this story is the Department of Defence itself.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Well, firstly, I read the site and there is no evidence of stockpiled WMD.

Secondly, look at the title “"New evidence unveils chemical, biological, nuclear, ballistic arms" That’s not only chemical (for which they appear to want to include pesticides) but ALSO biological AND nuclear AND ballistic . . . .

So this new evidence is not just for ONE type of WMD - - but for ALL types.

AKA, they found nothing.

And I’m sure you’ll agree they have not found anything that could have directly attacked the United States in any significant manner. I’m sure that the thousands of dead and tens of thousands of wounded American solders will, in the end, add up to 1000x’s what Saddam would have ever been capable of. Not to mention the good will we squandered.

“Bring it On”.. Pfff a bloody spoilt Billionaire. Why aren’t these Republican’s sons and daughters in the US military – that is what I want to know. Sure they have a choice, but you can see their parents certainly never guided them into that noble line of work. Hell no, it’s law school and politicianhood for them.

Brutus1964, I was watching another interview with these bloody Iraqis. You know, every f*cking one of them blames America. And, one even lied and said he was beaten by Americans. The British solder he was working WITH – said it was absolutely impossible. He was captured at the start of the war, retrained by the British and never even met an American. But no, this Iraqi goes on and on and on and f*cking on about how Americans tortured him and this and that. I already posted once about how ungrateful these people are. And that British solder would have been in complete agreement. You could see he hated working with Iraqis. Point blank, he said there is no way in Hell they will ever be up to scratch. The very first day they started work AFTER being trained for months, they changed their own work schedule and decided to take a nap – while f*cking “insurgents”/ their cousins cross into Iraq? Then they bitch they have to drive up and down the boarder – and think they should just sit on their fat f*cking arse in the base?

I don’t know what you watch in the US, but Iraqis hate America and it is now up to America to fix things. Oh and Americans TAX money will also have to pay for everything to be fixed to.

THAT was worth the lives of our best and brightest our young and our hopeful.

Give me a God Damn Break. You’ll need more than a couple paint drums and a cement mixer to convince me – if ever. Iraqis are no where near capable of even wiping their own God Damn arse little own attacking America – as the Qur’an clearly states! (http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Endless_Bliss_Fourth_Fascicle/Endless_Bliss_Fourth_Fascicle_Chapter_2.htm) –

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

U.S. military finds chemical site in Iraq

Lt. Col. Jackson McRae: "We have nothing to indicate there's anything specifically going on here," he said. "We're still just in the process of analyzing things and trying to get intelligence to find out just what was going on."

[The U.S. military has found many suspected chemical sites in the past, none of which contained chemical or biological weapons, The Associated Press reported, adding that testing can take several days.]

9. Bells Staff Member

So you went to war because a shed had a cement mixer and a couple of gallons of chemicals in it? Hmmm... yes I can see how what has been reportedly found in your link posed a threat to the US and world peace before the war.

Your own link seems to disagree with you here Brutus. The DOD article you've posted never mentions that the so called WMD's belong to Saddam. Instead it is stating that it belongs to an insurgent group.

Saddam's behaviour was that he denied having it. No inspection teams actually found them before the war began. And as of now, you still haven't found them. The DOD is claiming that these "suspected" WMD's are said to belong to insurgents, who may or may not even be Iraqi or Saddam supporters...

10. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

It was worth it ! It may of took 15 years , 2 million dead iraqis and some 2000 dead US soldiers but it was worth it . But the US has finally uncovered Iraqs covert crop dusting programme !

11. Bells Staff Member

Yes... I personally think that the gumboots add the perfect touch to the 'sophisticated' WMD program the US claimed Saddam had.

12. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Imagine that. Could it be possible the DOD created the site and thus the story? I mean, they have had over 2 years now.

13. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Definite WMDs found in Israel. No story at ten, however.

14. Theone Registered Member

Americans Put It There

15. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

hahaha.,thats hilarious.it looks just like someone's garage.and the chances must be pretty good that if the find anything now it would have more to do with the "insurgents" rather than saddddddams regime.

16. dr. ski wampas Registered Senior Member

my argument was never really that they didnt, or that america shouldnt bug them because they dont actually have them...

but i can remember learning all about our country being the first to develope or atleast use, the A-bomb... double standard?

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"double standard?"

Exactly. But the hypocritical indignation about others achieving "nook-u-lar" (as our Leader is wont to say) capabilities is not directed abroad, where they know the double-standard is plain, and their words empty. The Bush Administrations actions speak louder, telling weaker nations to arm themselves as quickly as possible to deter US aggression on pushover states.

All the righteous indignation is obviously directed as nothing more than a propaganda scare for the American public. The Bush Administration is continuing in a pattern of attempting to frighten and distract the public that they constitutionally serve.

This is the heart of the matter, revealing a deeply cynical and anti-democratic leadership exploiting fear in order to squelch critical thinking by the public. The writers of neocon rhetoric certainly know full well that Iran can only be motivated by American sabre-rattling to accelerate their development of nuclear technology. It's amazing how effective the technique is. Here in this thread, we see those who are eager to perpetuate the scares that lead up to the invasion of Iraq, long after the Administration has exhausted the usefulness of the hype, and abandoned that rhetoric in reference to Iraq.

Because such rhetoric is so counter-productive internationally, it can only be intended to manipulate US public opinion by fomenting fear. Thus the insistent, repeated use (especially when anti-war sentiment waxes) of "nookyuler" bogeymen reveals the true character of this administration.

18. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

OH MY GOD!!!

Are you kidding? You have got to be kidding.

You have shot right to the front of the list of dumbest brainwashed Bush-mouthpieces on SciForums. I am flabbergasted at your level of ineptitude that you would actually attempt to use current acts of terrorism in Iraq that exist solely <B><I><U>because</U></I></B> the US invaded and occupied the country as a rationale for the invasion in the first place.

To quote your own article (emphasis added)….
    <blockquote>"Military officials are careful to state that ongoing analysis of the chemical evidence collected from the sites is currently insufficient to determine what the <B><I><U>insurgents</U></I></B> had been producing." </blockquote><blockquote>"Intelligence experts are conducting related investigations to determine which <B><I><U>terrorist or insurgent group</U></I></B> is responsible for the construction and operation of the secret facility."</blockquote>So, you are either…

(a) too dumb to be able to distinguish between a makeshift attempt by insurgents to produce trifling amounts of some chemical weapons after the formal end of the war, as opposed to a systematic Iraqi government program to produce mass amounts of such weapons prior to the war

or…

(b) you can distinguish between these two scenarios and their implications and are deliberately attempting to lie and deceive just like buddy Bush and his cronies.

Fool or liar, which is it?

(And that’s assuming that like nearly all the US “intelligence” this whole story isn’t a load of rubbish.)<P>

19. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Fool and/or liar? I'd say both. Brainwashed American morons. Stand Up and be fucking Counted morons.

20. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Hey Brutus, we’re still waiting to here from you how it is that a few plastic containers and an unidentified metal vessel in someone’s basement constitutes evidence of a systematic program conducted by the Iraqi government prior to the war to produce and stockpile chemical weapons....

<P>

21. otheadp Banned Banned

whatever was found was not "The WMD". regardless, the invasion and toppling of the Saddam regime was worth it.

22. Hurricane Angel I am the Metatron Registered Senior Member

lol.......... crop dusting program

23. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

Newsflash! possible WMD found in my Closet!! call the freedom police!