When the compass suddenly points south -Magnetic Pole Flip, latest SHOCKING news 2005

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by MattMarriott, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattMarriott Banned Banned

Magnetic Pole Flip, Magnetic Field disappearing - latest SHOCKING news : among the facts that are now revealed to the public : the magnetic field over the South Atlantic Ocean is now so weak that planes and satelites have now been forced to change their routes.

Among the facts that are withheld : Beryllium 10 analysis in polar ice cores in Alfred-Wegener-Institut in Bremerhaven , Germany, shows human life a few thousand years (750,000 is crap) ago was IMPOSSIBLE on earth.

This was translated into "results will be announced in Spring" ...
    http://www.daserste.de/wwiewissen/thema_dyn~id,uqhhghxe5bq78u8r~cm.asp

An english translation can be found here:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1314846/posts

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Magnetic pole reversals are hardly new, however I haven't heard of any problem with Be-10 before. Don't suppose you have any links to peer-reviewed articles on this?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Maddad Time is a Weighty Problem Registered Senior Member

The style is sensationalistic instead of scientific.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

So presumably all the artefacts from a few thousand years ago that we currently think were made by humans were in fact made by aliens who buggered off?

The Alfred-Wegener institute linked to at the bottom of the article looks interesting, but I couldnt find my way through it to anything useful.

8. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

I am confused. why don’t they think humans could have been around thousands of years ago? and what does it have to do with Beryllium 10?

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Inane.
    As has been stated, pole shifts are not new. And this thing about life a few thousand years ago being impossible is simply dumb. I have the feeling we have a creationist on our hands boys.
    Get a rope.

10. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Indeed, Mr. Marriott is spamming the internet with this sort of garbage, trolling for responses. He has a thread in the Pseudoscience sub-forum attempting to do much the same regarding Nostradamus.

Paleomagnatism has been used in dating and explaining sea-floor spreading. There's a very clear record of polar-reversals in the geologic record with no clear periodicity. There's also no evidence that these reversals have had significant faunal effects and no catastrophic events can be correlated to them as far as I've read. If someone else knows different, perhaps they could post a citation.

Barring that, I'd recommend moving this thread to the Pseudoscience section -if not the Cesspool.

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Wow. That is shocking. This means that those responsible for navigating the leviathans of the air around our planet are unaware that this is achieved with gyro compasses, GPS, and radio beacons. Remarkable.

12. cardiovascular_tech behind you with a knife Registered Senior Member

actually this has been discussed indepth in the earth science section here

13. MattMarriott Banned Banned

What is the level of the participants here? It's about the protective effect not for navigation purposes...

14. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Provide proof or cite a reference. Otherwise, go away. We've enough nutters on the sciforums, our quota is filled and you'll have to take a number.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Even if he have proof that homo sapiens ancestors lived at that time and before?
    These loonies never stop to surprise me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

the poles shifting wont lead to the end of humanity... it will actually be rather funny as america will have trouble navigating to the next 3rd world country they wish to free... i can imagine battle ships floating in the north sea asking eachother if their in the persian gulf yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.