Hitler wanted peace?

Discussion in 'History' started by Dilbert, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Dilbert Registered Senior Member

I recently heard that in 1938 Adolf Hitler was a nominee for the Nobel peace award.

How about that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Well on his favour he didn't start any wars back then. Maybe he started invading poland in 1939 because he didn't get the award

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dilbert Registered Senior Member

1 of Septermber 1939.
    But he still was anti-communist, anti-everything. It was known that he used un-conventional methods, so...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

He wanted peace with Britain...even offered it I think. She obviously rejected it.

8. Calvin Teach the americans!! Registered Senior Member

hitler tried to create a paradise for the normal man. he gathered together the low-lifes and bums and told them of his plan for man. he was trying to make peace for mankind the only way his ancestors taught him, by conquering the world. This is just what normal man did. the reason he saw jews as wrong cause their religon stated they were the chosen ones , which is retarded because all religons have traverse sins they just say we begin differently, one your born evil, one your not. anyways as the prejudice goes, jews look after each other financially. Hitler thought we should all be looking out for each other, not split into a class system. but when he tried to say his version of the facts, the jews refused the knowledge, just like when they killed jesus. many jews just happened to be close by too. i'm not saying hitler was right about his unconventional, but efficient, methods. i glad he didn't win because i would not be. but his reason for war was peace.

9. Thersites Registered Senior Member

People get the Nobel peace prize for several reasons: being peaceful [and ineffective] OR killing loads of people and then stopping killing them, OR in the hope that they'll stop killing people if they get the award. Hitler- someone thought- fitted into one of the last two categories.

10. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

The realpolitik basis of this peace was that Germany gave Britain a free hand globally with their Empire, and in return Britain gave Germany a free hand in Europe. Peace with Britain in order to pursue war in Europe.

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Then why did he view slavs, romanies, jews and others as a distinct underclass?
    The Romans were innocent bystanders then? And are you overlooking the fact that Jesus was a Jew?
    His reason for war was to create liebensraum for Greater Germany.

I sometimes wonder if reading Mein Kampf shouldn't be a prerequisite for anyone wishing to comment on Hitler.

12. Calvin Teach the americans!! Registered Senior Member

Slavs, romanies, jews and "others"? others to me includes alot of people. i think he probably wanted to wipe out many groups throughout the world so he could restart mankinds point of view. He thought he was cleaning the collective memory, which isn't a bad thing because we do have alot of silly thoughts. It is bad from a material point of view though. Jesus was a jew but he shook things up with his new-fangled knowledge, basically my point there is that religon is the devil when its forced. I'm not saying jesus was right either, or hitler. i think they both sinned against mankind and were both punished by death. But i also don't think jews are the only "chosen ones". Isn't liebensraum hitlers version of paradise, or maybe even, peace?

13. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

the other groups were a common enemy designed to unify the rest of Germany. It was a plan to increase nationalism by singling out smaller groups and blaming them for a previous fault, which would bond the "real" Germans closer together. And hatred of Jews, Slavs, and "others" is nothing new, Bismarck was employing similar tactics back in the mid 19th century, so Hitler is nobody new. :m:

14. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I would appreciate your clarification here. You sound as if you think his methodology was more or less acceptable.
    Interesting. How exactly did Jesus sin against mankind?
    No. Liebensraum is exactly what it says - living room. Hitler wanted space for the expansion of Germany in economic, social and population terms.

15. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Guys . . . it's not liebensraum. It's lebensraum, with no "i". If the "i" were in there, it would translate as "loving space", and not "living space".

16. Calvin Teach the americans!! Registered Senior Member

it would have been right had he won. however because he didn't so i totally disagree with him. i dont see a problem with his goal however, which being loving or living i still consider a peaceful resolution to a war tattered world. I also don't agree with dictatorships either, simply because a man can't have that much pride in himself, but still that was a time when that sort of thing was still cool (hell it still is today some places). Jesus died for pride too. i means its good to know and love god sure, but everyones gotta write their own bible. Jesus sped up evolution which is wrong in the eyes of god, hence death. :m:

17. LensmanZ313 Mad Idiot Savant Registered Senior Member

Read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. Hitler was a murderous bastard.

18. Calvin Teach the americans!! Registered Senior Member

Nobody said he wasn't. The fact remains, he was trying for peace.

19. LensmanZ313 Mad Idiot Savant Registered Senior Member

Then how the bloody hell do you account for the Night of the Long Knives? Crystal Night? The goddamned Holocaust?

20. Calvin Teach the americans!! Registered Senior Member

Did you read any of the above?

21. LensmanZ313 Mad Idiot Savant Registered Senior Member

Racism is nothing new; neither is genocide . . . . But what Hitler did was plan the systematic murder of millions of people, nearly ten million or so. Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot . . . murdering bastards all. Didn't you learn that in school?

22. patcho Registered Senior Member

Hitler was a complete nutbar, and wanted to wipe out bolsheviks, homosexuals, gypsies, jews and others. He killed approx. 11 million of them. Going to war to create an empire does not equal wanting peace or paradise!

I agree with Ophiolite, read Mein Kampf (its not easy though, as he rants on and on)
    Also, your views of Jesus are...er, interesting

Ay? please explain

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Hitler identified himself with the German people. He was the german people. There was no option for peace, since that would mean a position of weakness. The German people was supposed to be the strongest in the world. Peace was only an option as a political tool. In 1945 his generals n the wehrmacht desperately wanted to make piece witht he americans and british forces. They wanted to save what was left of germany. That was not an option for hitler. If they german people couldnĀ“t defend germany then they were not worth it. Germany would be destroyed together with himself...