China's new cruise missile.

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Undecided, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undecided Banned Banned

China it seems has developed a new stealth cruise missile that can be launched off her H-6 bombers (Tu-16 copies), it doesn’t look all that different from the American ALCM cruise missile.

Chinese version
    American Version

If anyone else has any info that would be greatly appreciated.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

That is interesting indeed.
    However, I think that is simply due to the concept of parallel development. That design is probably the easiest way to make a stealth missile, and thus anyone who wanted to make one would come up with a similar design.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

Shit!!! They're Gonna Attack Taiwan!!! I Know They're Gonna Attack Taiwan!!! Ahhhh!!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

I think this missile development in China is very important, to my knowledge thus far I haven’t heard that they had any Russian assistance. The design is obviously very advanced and I wouldn’t doubt so the technology. Should this missile be mass produced China could start to start fighting wars the American way. If there is anything we should note from this is that the Chinese have been watching the US since the 1991 Gulf War and since then has tried to emulate American technology and tactics. If you are to look at China’s tank design’s they are also starting to resemble American designes like the M1 Abrhams:

Type 98:
    Type 98 China's latest tank.
    China's Type 98, a new design a new era.
    America's M1 tank.

China's new Aegis class destroyers.
    The original Aegis class ship, the Arleigh Burke class.

The similarities are apparent, and China is catching up at an alarming rate. The US has decades still of international military hegemony but in Asia that lead is coming to a head.

8. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

Where did you find that picture? It looks like the scan from the box of a plastic model.

Minor nitpick: The CG-47 Ticonderoga was the original AEGIS class in 1983. DDG-51 Arleigh Burke didn't come along until 1991. And as far as the PLAN goes, they can put all the fixed emitters they want on their combatants, but phased array radar an AEGIS-clone does not make. It's all about the computers deep down in the main spaces.

9. Undecided Banned Banned

Where did you find that picture? It looks like the scan from the box of a plastic model.

Yes it does look like one but I doubt that it is a toy; the Chinese are known to be pretty weird in their advertising. We know that the Chinese have been trying to develop cruise missiles like the US, and now that India and Russia have comparable missiles like the Brahmo’s and the Alpha’s/AS-15’s, China needed to catch up. A poster on another forum has posted this information on the missile:

I suspect China will surprise us some more, I think we currently underestimate the capabilities of China’s military, and I suspect that’s the way the Chinese want it. This picture (very rare) shows us the future of China's naval capability, one that should not be taken lightly. , in the pic you can see a better pic of the 052C class ship behind the two Sovremenny class ships.

Minor nitpick: The CG-47 Ticonderoga was the original AEGIS class in 1983. DDG-51 Arleigh Burke didn't come along until 1991.

Oh yes…that is true. But the comparison btwn the Arleigh Burke class, and the 052C is much better then the huge mofo that is the Ticonderoga class ships.

And as far as the PLAN goes, they can put all the fixed emitters they want on their combatants, but phased array radar an AEGIS-clone does not make. It's all about the computers deep down in the main spaces.

According to Janes it is an AEGIS class ship, which would but the Chinese close (but surely not at) American levels of technology.

That is one bitchHere is a pic of the VLS systems on board.

Imo this gives China a credible attack capability against Taiwan.

Just for fun:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Carnuth i dont Registered Senior Member

why is there the guy from the Beatle Bailey Cartoon on that poster?

11. Undecided Banned Banned

Eerie isn't it? I don’t understand why the Chinese would de-legitimize this missile like that but they obviously enjoy doing so.

12. Undecided Banned Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.