I hate being a white male.

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Maestro, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maestro Registered Member

Im watching television... it's a commercial

commentary: "IF only all things would last this long... legs stay smooth for 48 hours"

and then we see a picture of a white man watching television, and an unsatisfied woman.

the commercial really says: "White males are sexually inadequate."

And you know something, it got me angry. because, this is what people are taught... everything is blamed on the white male. white males can not claim to be victims of prejudice, because it is not politically correct, and yet they are clearly just like everybody else (be it women, black people, etc...)
    i would say it fair to state white males are held accountable for prejudism in the first place, and that is prejudice.

We are taught white males are sexually inadequate (small penises, premature ejaculation, etc), they are lazy, they are selfish, they are racist, and sexist, and gay AAANDD homophobic (both sides of that sword). They are also portrayed as spoiled, effortless, and even evil.

How are we taught this? it is brainwashed into us at such an early age... it's all over television, in sitcoms, on jerry springer, it's passed down to us by our parents, the little myths that pass us by, almost literally in the form of subliminal.

Please, i beg of all of you to convince me my conclusions are incorrect, or misinformed.

and might i add, let's get rid of prejudism! only, we can't do it by singling out a group of people and blaming it on them...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

White males are victims of prejudice "just like everybody else"?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Your argument is seriously flawed.

What you are told is true. Have you ever seen a competent team of white athletes? Ok, ok... volleyball doesn't count.

But really, have you?

Whites have it better, all "minorities" see that. If you told a "minority" otherwise, you would be fooling yourself and going home with a black eye and no jacket. Whites don't want to relinquish their having it better. Do you actually see minorities having a part in corporate America?

Look at how Opera Winfrey, Michael Jordan, Bill Cosby.. (in the eyes of "minorities) have made themselves "white enough" to be successful. They now have dinners and parties with guess who, white people.

By the way my best friend is white so any prejudices you are interpreting on my part really are..... //chuckles

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fallen Angel life in every breath Registered Senior Member

actually, i have, and basketball of all things. i can't remember what year, i think it might have been 2 to 3 years ago, the Princeton basketball team in NCAA tournament. They schooled a lot of people.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Didn't you know that almost all advertising is based on making you feel bad about yourself? If everything was already great, why would you need any products?

8. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Whiteboy:
    Then why do you think they pursue Asian women?
    Look around, there are millions of white boys with these small, demure females becuase it is only when juxtaposed with a hole so tight and small as the Asian one that the pathetically small Caucasoid penis can feel gigantic in comparison.

And by the way, rosacea is like..so sexy.

9. Arditezza Banned Banned

Actually, and as SouthStar so easily demonstrated for us, reverse racism is alive and well. Apparently, white people are still touted as being "better off" even though the statistics rolling in are proving otherwise. Most minorities are also quick to accuse their own people of being more white to get places. Does becoming a more civilized individual mean, becoming "white enough"? I call bullshit. It has nothing to do with better athletes or better thinkers. The white man has been the excuse for every minority simply because they are the majority. Any majority will always be ridiculed and accused of having things better by the minority. This isn't you grandfathers world, and you can't keep blaming "white folk" for your inability to cope in todays world. You have had equal opportunity, and affirmative action for decades and if you do nothing with it, then you only have yourself to blame.

I'm am also tired of seeing any race get a bad rap for anything. I'm not white, I'm quite olive skinned and of gypsy descent. But I'm tired of hearing people in America that feel they are oppressed in any way by their race... I tell them to go live in a third world country and then tell me you were oppressed in America. Get a grip. Be true to yourself and stop using others as an excuse. That's what the white folks do.

Gendy;
    There is a reason that asian women seem to prefer white men as well, or so I have heard.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What, you thought that the only people in power insult and make fun of the people who are not in power? People on the short end of the stick have been doing the same to the powerful for as long as there has been a stick. You should hear some of the Yiddish folk songs about the Czars, the European royalty, and even the occasional Muslim emir or caliph who mistreated them. (In general the Jews were treated better by Muslims than they ever were by Christians. This new feud between Israel and the world of Islam has no real basis in history, it's something both sides were manipulated into by the US and USSR with a lot of posthumous help from the extinct Third Reich and British Empire.)

Since we're in power and relatively safe, people get to say whatever they want about us. We're fortunate (ironic though it may seem) to live in an era when the people who are not in power receive quite a bit of protection, whereas the people in power are assumed to be able to handle abuse.

We don't get to call people of color by the N word or the S word or whatever other letters have nasty words attached to them, or make fun of any of their alleged stereotypes. But they can call us all kinds of names and even our own people can make fun of our alleged shortcomings, whether it's the Riverdance joke about how white people are paralyzed from the waist up even when we're dancing or the joke about how White Men Can't Jump or the joke about how we can't get it up without pills.

We can take it. So can you. It's just advertising and name-calling. When was the last time there was a grain of truth in an advertisement? 1742? Since when are we strong powerful white males affected by spurious accusations?

Hey dude, we rule the world, or at least most of the best places to live. Let's use that power to make the world just as cool for everybody else, and to make some of those other places like Bangladesh and Uganda at least as nice as, say, Fresno. It is not an honorable thing for the people in power to sit around whining about the things that the other people say about them because they're (quite legitimately) envious.

Noblesse oblige. You have a heritage to live up to, a responsibility to those who weren't born into power.

Try to remember that unless you're the victim of some unfortunate birth defect or medical problem, you're not inferior in any important way. We white guys are having our fifteen minutes of fame, so let's make the most of it. When Asian women or gay Africans or neutered Eskimos or genetically enhanced dolphins get their turn to be on top of the world, let's give them something really wonderful to remember us by.

By the way, if you have some close female friends with whom you can discuss anything you want candidly, ask them what they think about this stupid penis size controversy. You will be utterly amazed by their point of view on the subject. Trust me, I've had that conversation. Have you noticed that you don't see any corporation bothering to try to market the Blue Pill to our women?

11. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Arditezza:
    Status.

And pimply rocasea is a rarity in the Orient so these sand monkeys..kidding, women find it sexy. OOhhhh.....ahhhhhhh....white boys.

12. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

It's not only status, although that's certainly a factor. Asian men are more sexist than whites (generally speaking) in their dealings with women, so Asian women turn to white men wherever possible in the hope also of gaining at least some measure of equality.

13. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Ever heard of the Olympics?

How about the Winter Games?

How about Weightlifting?
    Does the name Norbert Schemansky sound white enough for you?

How about cycling? Does the name Armstrong ring any bells?

EDIT:

Maybe that's because whites, by and large, at some point in history, earned 'it'.

Actually, from what you write, I'd say that it's the minorities who don't want to reliquish their supposed disadvantage.

I mean, don't do them any favors now...

Welll... yeah.
    Just because many blacks and Hispanics are relatively unsuccessful doesn't mean other minorites, Arabs and Orientals, namely, are down for the count.

As far as I know, MJ made himself with basketball, Cosby with being funny, and Opera with charm and shit.
    I didn't know there was a secret "white rite" of passage involved.

Thanks for telling me, buddyroo.

The Gend,

... the whites are/were in the military, typically, and have served in the East. They picked up a wife on the way.

Simple as that, in my experience.

Of course, you were being a horse's ass on purpose, anyhow.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  14. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Wolf:
    Soooo they run to the ugliest white boy in the bunch who treats her worse than he would a Caucasette because when around this tiny Oriental sumbmissive little shit that she is he feels like Odin or Fenrir.
    He does not respect her as much as he would his 'equal'

And why does she stay? He's a white boy.

Rat's ass:
    That's right. All these spineless worms with the Emo glasses on were there in Hanoi and Milai.

But of course you are only being a rat's ass, yes?

15. Maestro Registered Member

I just wanna say, for my first started thread at sciforums, thanks for all the stimulating discussion.

Southstar, that's not really my argument.
    I believe it is obvious white males are victims to prejudism just like everybody else, im not arguing it. What i am arguing is the fact that every visual group of people are politically correct to complain about the sterotypes and prejudice attatched to them, with the exception of white males.
    Furthermore, not only do we lack that, but it also seems unappropriate in society for white males to distinguish themselves in some sort of way.

I.E. black people have B.E.T. (realistically, i personally dont think WET, or WMET would go over too well), even women have their own specialized programming on television.

I also fail to see the connection between black celebrities becoming "white" and therefore partying with white people... do you really have to be "white" to eat dinner with "white"

I also should apologize for using the word minority so freely...
    i would say white people have the visual majority in the western part of the world... it's a whole lot different in the east (yet i still maintain my point in those parts of the world). However, this is still a form of prejudism, if we are to say that a certain visual group of people are at disadvantage. I believe in history, you could make this assumption, but it is extremely inaccurate in our time now. There are too many exceptions. Relevence? i dunno, maybe we don't really want to get rid of prejudism (i was under the impression man was)
    hear me, brothers?

16. river-wind Valued Senior Member

The main problem that I encounter as a white male is that people tend to assume that I'm racist. I have to spend time and energy convising people that I'm not racist by specifically acting like I'm ignorant to the possibility of my own predujice.

That and gaining respect in Martial Arts is more difficult.

Overall, however, I know that the prejudices I suffer are SIGNIFICANTLY less than what other people have to deal with. I see it all the time, and I know alot of my life (job, good deal on my car, etc) stems from the fact that I'm a white male, and pushing for things is seen as "asserttive" more often than "bitchy" or "bastard-ish".

yes. Is most areas, the prosperous white individuals will not associate with anyone who presents themselves as a pert of the black community. I don't mean people who say "I'm an individual who associates and volunteers on the North side of the tracks"; I mean someone who greets his freinds with "Yo watup, Dog!"
    This is the same this that Bill Cosby is talking about - "people who talk like that can't become doctors."
    When someone talks about a black celebrity becoming "white" they are often talking about the person becoming quieter, using proper grammer, large words, etc. Watch Undercover Brother, it's not an unknown thing, to either side of the issue.

17. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Sounds to me like you've been watching too much TV.

How do other races perceive the white male. i.e. I have lots of black friends, they always think white people get better jobs, get paid more. there are less white males in jail than any other group of the three main races, white, hispanic, blacks.
    BTW. I've never met a black person that "likes" been called "african american" nor a Mexican been called latino, though that's what they are. Mexicans are part of North America. they rather be called mexicans.

I'm latino, I was born in South America, this is how I differentiate my self from Mexican friends. Anything south of Mexico is latino. Our cultures are miles apart, they enjoy different music, food, and a unique culture of their own. Though we both speak the same language, we've got very different dialects.

I think your perception is flawed, and been shaped by tv this is probably to "political correctness" trying to show that the white male is not as perfect as others races protay them to be. I really don't know.

However you"ve got nothing to complain about. If you go to any job site. You will see most supervisors, managers, people in authority are white, most of other employees in the lower ranks of things are either hispanics, or blacks. I'm in the Southern region of the states, Houston Tx. That is how it's percieved around here ese!!.

Godless.

18. Tracker00 Registered Senior Member

Little history lesson:

Basically Europeans came to the Americas (North America, Central America, and South America) in search of wealth or a route to Asia. They decided to settle the area and subdue/exploit the native people. Well with them they brought disease will wiped out a massive portion of the native population. So to find more sources of labor, Africans were taken as slaves.

There's a lot more to that too. Have you ever wondered why in the mid-1800s Great Britain put pressure on Latin American countries to end slave trade but not the act of slavery?

So I guess whites did earn 'it'.

19. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Firstly, serving "in the East" does not mean serving in the Vietnam War.

Secondly, just how many of these "worms" have you met?
    Enough to justify the gross psychoanalytical generalizations you're making of white males and Oriental females?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  20. Maestro Registered Member

r-w,
    The problem with this, is that you're telling me you asume all white individuals are prosperous, when this is by FAR not the case. I've heard many white men using "yo whatchu sayin my dawg?" I've even seen it in entertainment, i believe his name is eminem. And for a twist, he *IS* prosperous.

I am second generation English, and one of my very close friends is second generation Trinidad, and i think we eat with eachother at least once a week... and plenty others do the same, if you can't open your mind to this concept, you are allowing society's prejudices to brainwash you, which is what we're really addressing here.

and BTW, i so strongly disagree with your perception of what cosby is "talking about." Speaking with proper grammer, and a large vocabulary suggests an educated mind the last time i checked, that's why people get jobs... not because they *become* white.

Things for us not to complain about:Here.

Well, i'm Canadian :m:

, and maybe you're right it could possibly be different there, but that certainly doesn't mean i have "NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT"

Which entirely outlines what i'm trying to get across... here you are telling me it, in fact, is not politcally correct for me to complain because i'm white and therefore am well off. Why is it okay for you to make this racial assumption, if it is not for me to assume all black people are "criminals"

This is what happens, we buy into it one way or another.

21. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Haha, no joke. I remember this one time my dad's girlfriend from Colombia was over and I decided to cook dinner for them and I made tacos and dang, I can't believe she's never heard of a taco! Man, they don't know what they're missing with all that guinnea pig (not the pet) they eat.

- N

22. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Maestro, welcome to sci. Your name means "teacher" so teach.

I didn't make any racial slur, sorry you perceived it that way, I was simply stating the facts around this region. Though there are very successfull black people here as well, and many real rich mexicans, whom own big buisnessess.

But from my perspective the jobs I've been in, are generalised as I called it. White supervisors, and managers, all labor either blacks or hispanics.

Not always the case though. I've got a hispanic supervisor, in this company I work for now, so it changes from job to job. I'm not stable.

I don't think I mentioned Bill Cosby. You've must of been addressing someone else.

Neildo;
    Did you like Colombian cooking?. My mom was born in Colombia, I was born in the Venezuela. We came here with my dad since I was a child. did'nt you notice I've got no accent?.

Godless.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  23. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Cycling is not a man's sport.

Ever hear of Muhammed Ali? That was a true man in a real man's sport. But enough favoritism for now..

I spoke of the alledged prostitution of themselves by these celebrities to white America by becoming more "diversified", which in reality to "minorities", appears to be what in slang is termed as "selling out". No need to read past the end of the sentence on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.