Mitt Romney, poser Republican, signs MA state AWB into law

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Stokes Pennwalt, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

http://www.iberkshires.com/story.php?story_id=14812

It really is too bad that none of these weapons are commonly used by criminals. But at least all of us responsible gun owners will be disarmed. You can't have us social degenerates shooting holes in paper targets on the weekends, because that is DANGEROUS.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I will be sure to remember to feel the requisite amount of guilt the next time I pick up my HK-91 and murder some poor defenseless soda cans, because such an activity SURELY is not recreational at all.

Oh jesus christ shut up. Automatic versions of those weapons have been illegal to own since 1934 and this current law enacts bans predicated on cosmetic appearances only. Oh, and the IMI UZI is a submachine gun and the Ingram MAC-10 is a machine pistol. Good to know the gun grabbers are equipped with their usual level of enlightenment.

And in other news: Apparently, the police feel they have a need for these same weapons.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What I find abundantly hilarious about my home state is that the same touchy-feely leftists who so distrust the government when it comes to things like the PATRIOT act are chomping at the bit to have the same government disarm them. Inconsistency ++

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Sorry to hear that DP. California is the same way. I guess we led the pack because of that nutjob that shot those kids in Stockton with his AK years ago.

Sheesh, what about deadly claw hammers? Do they have a place in Massachusetts? I've read a quote attributed to Samuel Colt where he said "A gun is just a machine for throwing rocks." How some people get it twisted in their brains that inanimate objects are evil is beyond me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Anyone have stats on just how many legally purchased guns kill people every year?

Anyone have the same stats for how many murders mace is involved in?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Fan of H&K are you, stokes? Why does your favorite gun company strictly limit the models and magazine capacitys of the weapons they sell to civilians even in nations with no AW ban? For instance, why did they make all of those "cosmetic" (haha) changes to the G36 in order to make it acceptable for civilian consumption as the SL-8? Is Heckler and Kotch another bunch of lefty hippie ass leftists?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2004