Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Asguard, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

anyone know when its going to be releced or any info on it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Haven't even heard about it. I hope they don't make it look like Warcraft 3. There was a simplicity about the original Starcraft that was lost in Warcraft 3. All the 3d work, I think.

Can't wait. Starcraft kicked ass.

I gotta say, Dune on the sega Genesis was the best game of this genre, IMO. I played that game for hours and hours on end. Construction... complete.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Do you mean "Ghost" or actual starcraft 2. "Ghost" currently I don't think is available for PC's but it's on the XBOX and other consoles I think. You play a Ghost and do battle at FPS level with all the things that you would of had in the original Starcraft with a few other extra's.

(In certain respects its like "Command & Conquers: Renegade" I should think, which is also a FPS game where you play a Commando or other special characters within a 3D map and can enter buildings etc, Which I still haven't tried out the multiplayer in.)

Note: This does seem to be a "GAMES" thread rather than SCIFI, although it is of course scifi science most games are

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

There was to be a Starcraft mod for Warcraft 3 but the devs intervined and stopped it. That must've been two years ago.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i dont have a console

I WANT STARCRAFT 2

i want to play with my little zergys again

9. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

I don't know what else blizzard is working on at the moment but WoW is taking up a lot of their time, I'm sure. To the best of my knowledge no plans for Starcraft 2 have yet been announced, but knowing Blizzard they won't just let the franchise dry up. They'll take their time, and likely release a well crafted sequel that's true to the genre, it's what they're in the business of doing, and I've gotta' hand it to 'em, though they may take their sweet time, they do make games right.

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Plans for SC2 have been announced, that was the reason why they put a stop to the WarCraft 3 Starcraft mod.

But SC2 is like Total Annihlation 2. Announced years ago and hardly anything has been heard of since but we know they're doing something.

11. Facial Valued Senior Member

mmm... can it match it's predecessor's addictiveness and popularity?

They (Blizzard) sure are spending a lot of time on it. I heard they postponed its release several times because they were working so hard at tweaking it.

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Blizzard cannot afford to screw it up. They need to make it more indepth yet as addictive and fast paced as the original. As gaming technology has evolved over the last few years I would guess that they're adding additional features as new ideas emerge from other games. I doubt it will be released this year as tis year marks the deliverance of the heralded saviour of the RTS genre. Dawn of War. Intense meat grinder Sci-fi game based on a 30 year old universe (Warhammer 40,000 - created in 1975, still lives strong today), one that Starcraft takes obvious inspiration from.

13. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Actualy, according to public record they have not spent any time on it and arn't yet developing any such game. They are currently devoted to WoW and probably won't devote resources to other possible projects like the expected SC2 until that is well and working.

14. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Yeah I just did a quick Google and looked on Blizzard's webpage, I can't find any information about them having announced anything pertaining to Starcraft 2 just yet. I'm sort of out of the loop when it comes to these things but I was pretty sure I'd at least have heard about that.

15. Facial Valued Senior Member

Mysterious... whatever happened...

16. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I swear they announced it. I remember getting the e-mails from IGN, GameSpy, Gamespot and FileFront in the same week and it's top story was Star Craft 2 announced.

They possible do not have it on the Blizzard site itself as what use would a section devoted to SC2 be with only the announcement. As an official site they need at least some content. They'll more than likely put stuff up when they're ready to show us.

17. Nasor Valued Senior Member

There was a big hoax about starcraft 2 going around a while ago. Someone started sending out all sorts of fake information on it. Blizzard eventually issued a press release saying they did plan to make a starcraft 2 game some time in the future, but they hadn't started on it and didn't know when they would.

18. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

THey always keep announcing plays then they get canceled. I still pay it online and there can be over 300 000 people on at once. I think it is th ebest and most addictive game ver made.

For those of you that play it online, try playing "use map settings" games, those are crazy addictive. I also play TvB ZC stuff and fastest possible map. THe only thing that makes me mad is that so many people play with map hacks, I like a fair game but you never know who is usig a cheesy map hack.

19. Roman Banned Banned

I think the best addition to b.net was the Warcraft III ladder match up system. That wayWarcraft III was completely differently oriented– it was about a few units duking it out, and intensive micro.

I want Starcraft 2 to be massive swarms of zerglings and phalanxes of zealots. Platoons of marines being reduced to blood and ash. I want epic, goddamn it, not some piddling Warcraft III universe with a whiny Arthas. I want the Queen of Blades, the traitorous Minsk and mysterious Duran.

Damn, I have to go reinstall that game now.

20. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Just a link for Starcraft Ghost (which is the main reason they haven't started on SC2)
    http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/

I would also guess that if Blizzard is doing like Rockstar, then the likelihood is that they are converting Ghost (potentially) to PC before they even think about SC2.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2004
  21. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I know that SC ghost is an OK game, I played it at a friend's house. it doesn't have unlimited possibilities like SC BW. I have WCIII but I haven't had time to learn new difficult games. For a FPS, you just go through the levels and shoot, but for other games like SC, it takes over a year to becoe a master at it. I am a really good SC player and I have been playing it for years, but there are always new challenges in SC to be discovered online. I learned that no matyter how good I am, there is always someone better and I want to get to be the best.

The kind of game ythat I am looking to play now is one where you can gain levels and powers. I heard Diablo was like that. I'll have to check out how the game works.

ti always seems like I'm a step behind other people when it comes to playing the most popular online games.

how can I see what game has the post epople playing online? I want to join into all the action. Sc atill has a constant amout of people online but iy has been dropping off slowly.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Stryder do u know this or are you guessing?

cause i ONLY have a PC and ghost sounds cool

23. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Ghost was originally supposed to be PC only then more powerful consoles came out. As this is now (at the moment) a console game, don't expect anything good. Bet it turns out to be like Halo.