Iraq By The Numbers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shnook65, Jun 30, 2004.

1. shnook65 Registered Member

Just 36% of Americans approve of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq.

48% think taking military action against Iraq was the right thing to do, and an almost equal number think it was not.

60% think the war was not worth the loss of life and other costs of the war, while 32% think it was.

57% believe U.S. efforts to bring stability and order to Iraq are not going well, while 40% think things are going well.

66% believe that the U.S. has a responsibility to make sure Iraq develops into a stable democracy, while 27% think it doesn't.

54% are willing to station U.S. troops in Iraq as long as it takes, and 40% want U.S. troops out of Iraq as soon as possible.

More than half believe that U.S. action against Iraq has had the opposite of its intended effect by fomenting anti-U.S. terrorism. 55% think the war has created more terrorists, and only 17% think it has eliminated terrorists.

44% sees no tie between the war in Iraq and the war on terror, while half thinks the war in Iraq is at least a minor part of the war against terrorism. 41% still think Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks, 46% think he was not.

40% of Americans think Iraqis feeling grate to the U.S. for removing Saddam Hussein, but 43% think the Iraqis are resentful of the U.S. for being in Iraq.

Only 18% believe that Bush has told the entire truth about Iraq, 59% think he's been mostly telling the truth but hiding something, and another one in five thinks he has been mostly lying about it.

Come get a laugh at: DUMP BUSH

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

but wars always decrease popularity ratings, except world war 2, and these kind of ratings are nothing shocking. :m:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

is your entire existence here to try and disgrace Bush? find a politics based forum. :m:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Ummm, this is a statistical representation of current political trends in the politics forum. Would it be better if he made up numbers that reflected what you wish Bush's approval ratings are?

No other president since Reconstruction has had as much controversy or met as much opposition as Bush.

8. shnook65 Registered Member

Yep, it says politics forum- I'm in the right place to post thought-provoking info to the people! Like the facts or not- here they come!

9. PeepsOnFleas Registered Member

Interesting stats, I'm assuming they are current as at today's date.

I'd be interested to see how many people opposed the war on Iraq before it began, as well as now, by Country; anyone seen anything along these lines?

10. Undecided Banned Banned

I'd be interested to see how many people opposed the war on Iraq before it began, as well as now, by Country; anyone seen anything along these lines?

When the war began in the US over 65% of the population supported going into Iraq, to the rest of the world the opposition to the war is consistently over 80%, in Spain up to 92% or so. Now Americans are waking up to reality and following the precedent set by virtually every other state on Earth.

11. De_De Registered Member

The war was a bad idea from day one. The idiot who thought a war would make things better was seriously mistaken. Everyone suffers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

America waking up to reality? Too little, too slow. Those numbers are depressing. America still doesn't "get it". Bush will probably get (re-) elected. And it's just as well because if Kerry would win, what would he do with the shit Bush stirred up. America probably needs another Bush term to "get it" through their thick skulls. Maybe in 4 years, we'll have numbers like spain and ROW.

13. PeepsOnFleas Registered Member

So the stats show a drop from 65% to 48%. I wonder what the stats would show as the reasons why those who have changed their minds would look like? I suppose some would be due to "no WMD", but I wonder how many more would simply be because "oh, damn, it isn't so easy to attack another country and "win" after all!", i.e., Vietnam style warfare.