My new ISU, on North Korea.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Undecided, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

This is merely the outline do enjoy, I know I will by doing it:

Any constructive criticism would be welcomed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Interesting but remember China can be a very powerful ally and force NK into resolving its problems or else. China will have as many problems if Kim were to go beserk with his troops so they want to remind him who's the boss.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Kim loves Johny Walker too much to risk his little throne, the games he plays are merely to secure the continious supply of Johnny Walker.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

Thank you two for your advice, sadly I am not talking about North Korea's geo-political situation vis-à-vis with China per se. What I am trying to show is that North Korea is a serious and dangerous threat to the region, which cannot be ignored. My purpose is to show that the policy of pre-emption against the North Koreans simply is not a viable option. Also that a North Korean attack against the South will not end in North Koreas favour. What any war will create is death on a massive scale probably not seen since the last Korean war. The speed and efficiently of the death will be massive. I don't buy American or North Korean claims as any objective one. But they are sadly all I really have to work from. Alot of brovado goes into these things and it would very interesting to dissect the situation from a neutral perspective.

8. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Run spell check. Run grammar check. Your document would be much more effective if you would do these things. I'm assuming this is something you plan on turning in for a grade?

As far as DPRK being a threat to the outside world, probably about as much of a threat as a starving tiger locked in a jail cell with the key to the cell in his belly. You just have to wait for him to die before you can go in and clean up the mess. The communist, isolationist mentality is wretched and sad. The world will certainly be a better place when the last embers of that dream finally go the way of the dodo.

9. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

I'd footnote those urls if you don't already intend to do so. Block quote the large excerpts that you've lifted from your sources to obviate charges of plagiarism. As they are it is difficult to distinguish from your own writing. Overall layout and formatting could use some work too, if this is close to how you intend to submit it to your teacher. Clearly seperate paragraphs and sentences on the page so that it is clear where one topic stops and the next begins.

I'm surprised you don't have to follow the MLA manuscript format.

10. Undecided Banned Banned

I'd footnote those urls if you don't already intend to do so.

Not aware of MLA style are you? You don't footnote in MLA...what your taking about I think is Chicago style.

Clearly seperate paragraphs and sentences on the page so that it is clear where one topic stops and the next begins.

I did, it was just the way it looks when I pasted it.

And I got 17/20 thank you very much on the outline, and I will get perfect if I make a few adjustments thank you.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I think it sounds good to begin with. More citations may be nice, I tend to end almost every sentence with one when writing a review but that may not be nessary. I also find using "referance manager 10" as a great tool for bib. Yeah, spell check and grammar of course. Good job.

12. Undecided Banned Banned

Thank you, this is only a outline. But I will take into consideration your advice.

13. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

Alright, I was under the impression this was your final draft. I assumed you meant to keep those urls within the body text rather than including them on your works cited page, IAW with the MLA. That's why I suggested footnoting them, to keep them on the current page, only in a less obtrusive location.

14. Undecided Banned Banned

I was under the impression this was your final draft.

See this is exactly why I cannot take you seriously...read the FIRST line of the thread. It's obvious to anyone who reads that you simply attack for no reason other then to merely attack.

15. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

Calm yourself, sister. There was no intention of "attacking" anything. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it. Verbose apologies if I hurt your feelings.

16. Undecided Banned Banned

No you are nothing more then a wasteful ad hom poster, you know it. We all know it, you simply are here to follow me like a pedophile does a child. I wouldn't be surprised if you post in reply to satisfy your unshakable hunger for undecided.

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Calm it you two!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!