Crackpot advertising?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Nasor, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Don't get me wrong, I think sciforums has every right to sell advertising space, but some of the things that show up in the advertising bar are a little disturbing. Take this, for instance: http://www.grandunifiedtheory.org.il/

If you brows through it, it seems that the author might have some legitimate psychiatric problems. I wonder how much people pay for ad space?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 1100f Banned Registered Senior Member

I see that where I live, there are also crackpots.
    Maybe we should write to Steven Spielberg and ask him to do the movie:
    "crackpots are everywhere" or "the day of the crackpot".

Any way, in this site, I liked the two "equations" shown in the attachment.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lethe Registered Senior Member

those pictures look like they were drawn by a 6 year old with crayons.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 1100f Banned Registered Senior Member

At the bootom of the introduction page the follwing is written:

Technical Notes: The first copies of my first book, United Nature Theory: Wave Theory, are in the Hebrew National and University Library in Jerusalem. (Document number 0065261, ISBN 978965-555-093-1). The book was published in March 2002. I personally sent copies to Steven Weinberg, Alan Guths, Stephen Hawking (I thank him for his reply), Alexander Gersten, the Library of Congress, NASA, John Rennie, editor in chief of "Scientific American," Emma Bayley, features editor "Focus" Magazine, and David W. Grogan, articles editor, "Discover" magazine. I gave them the right to publicize the theory. A copy of the book also exists in the American Library of Congress.

WOW.
    Now S. Weinberg has the right to publicize the theory. Let's hope that Weinberg will not steal the theory from him and get the Nobel prize instead of him.

8. aetherdew Registered Senior Member

Thanks for the URL, now I've wasted my time, too, (at least 30 sec or so)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So maybe don't click the ads? Although how can anyone on a physics forum not respond to grandunifiedtheory. As a practicing physician, I sort of see what you mean with respect to your medical opinion. Of course, you know me as the aether crackpot so where does than leave me?
    And besides this is a capitalistic economy the last time I checked. So don't click the ads, unless of course your bored with aether theory.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

deweyb

9. ryans Come to see me about a dog hey Registered Senior Member

Ha, nice link. Go to the everything equation link. I don't know what is better, Macs crap (+s)(-s)------------>0 (Or whatevever)

Or

1=1

Mg. = En. En. = 1
    En. Mg. Mg.

10. aetherdew Registered Senior Member

ryans, does this mean then that Mg. = 1?

11. 1100f Banned Registered Senior Member

The problem with those ads is that there are a lot of sites (not here fortunately) where if you don't click the ads, the ads click you, and jump into your face without any warning, and jump into your mail without any warning.