Russia Ready to Vaporize the Jewish State

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Proud_Syrian, Nov 9, 2003.

?

Do you believe Israel will survive the next 20 years ?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2003.
  1. No, I dont

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Yes, I do

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  3. I dont know.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. And then kick America out of the Eastern Hemisphere’s oilfields

When the end finally comes for Israel, it will all be over in microseconds. Flying faster than rifle bullets, the Sunburns will approach Tel Aviv and Haifa at twice the speed of sound, detonating in blinding white 200 Kiloton flashes designed to instantly transform animal vegetable and mineral into heat and light.”..........

This is not an idle or exaggerated threat. The Russian missile type deployed in Syria and Iran is the P270 Moskit [Mosquito], known in NATO circles as the SS-N-22 "Sunburn", once described by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher as "the most dangerous anti-ship missile in the Russian, and now the Chinese, fleet.” The ship borne version of this missile is launched from deck mounted quad tubes, but since Rohrabacher made his comments, Russia has adapted the Sunburn for submerged launch from submarines, air launch from Sukhoi 27s, and single surface launch from modified 40’ flatbed trucks. Nowadays, western defense experts unambiguously view all versions of Sunburn as the “most dangerous missiles in the world”.........READ MORE HERE:

http://www.joevialls.co.uk/myahudi/sunburn.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

HHmm, and how long before they get turned against the russians?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nico Banned Banned

Interesting article, but I think they've got it wrong. The submarines that Israel has her nukes on are not Harpoons. They are Popeye missiles:

Popeye

Also I haven't heard anything about the Russians giving the Syrians or Iranians SS-N-22's. I am certain that Russia did not give NK these missiles. I am aware of the Chinese having them. The SU-27 to the best of my knowledge cannot carry any Air-to-Ground ordinance apart from rocket pods. Maybe he meant the SU-30's? The part he got right was the Sunburn being literally un-stoppable. Even if a Aegis class ship was to detect it, it wouldn't be able to shot it down. Also he forget's Russia's most dangerous weapon, the Shkval torpedo. Also the Harpoon would have to have terrain guidance, and the Sunburn as well. The naval versions of both don't. Also going at Mach 2 doesn’t afford you much leeway on a terrain guided flight.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

I thought it was a Zionist state? Are you now advocating genocide against anyone Jewish?

8. nico Banned Banned

Since when is Zionist.. jewish?:bugeye:

9. No, I am not advocating genocide against anyone who is jewish, I am just saying, Israel should go, it is cancerous unnatural state, it was established by the biggest armed robbery on earth, it was established on the bodies of thousands of dead palestineans...

such terrorist states cant survive for long time.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Silly Syrian,
    If Israel was vaporized, palestine would go with it, and no one could live there for a thousand years.

The best alternative facing the region is a single, integrated, binational state of Jews and Arabs, Israelis and Palestinians. Yes, this would mean the end of Israel as a Jewish state, but the beginning of Israel as a true democracy.

11. nico Banned Banned

spidergoat

You've got it, the only way you can have any assembalance of peace in the region is to merge the two entities into one all emcompassing one. The Zionists will still live in there, so will the Pals. Albeit the extremists from both sides must be expelled. P.S you have to understand one thing, Israel isn't going anywhere. Al least as long as the US supports her...

12. I agree with you, I believe in PEACE, but the Israelis dont believe in Peace, they dont believe in 2 states solution, indeed, some of the israeli nazi ministers are now calling for the TRANSFER of the palestineans to other countries...how can you make peace with such people ?

13. Re: spidergoat

And the ONE MILLION Dollar question is, why America is supporting such terrorist state ? America's strategic interests after the fall of the soviet union is certainly not with Israel !!!

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Silly Syrian,
    Both sides in this debate have done questionable things. Certainly some palestinians have done terrorism, and some Israelis have killed civilians. No one can claim moral superiority. Stop blaming each other and get to the business of peace, or all will perish. It is a vicious cycle, each one thinks the other started it, someone has to play the part of playground monitor, and relations with Israel are a good place to start. How else? Let the region slide into war and chaos? No one would benefit from that, and that's what would happen if the U.S. left things alone.

15. Man, is history that is over 500 years old forgotten so soon, the biggest armed robbery on earth was the Europeans conquering the Native Americans, Africans, Asians & Australians; 3 whole continents, numerous former colonies & client states. How easily you forget, must be that they are not muslim, so they don't count for you? Is that right?

16. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

The Sunburn is generally overrated.

The Moskit/Sunburn was originally designed to be launched en masse at a CVBG to deluge and overwhelm the weapons of fleet defense combatants, and make its way through to the carrier said ships would be protecting. Originally designed to be carried by supersonic Tu-22M/26 Backfires (knock-off Soviet clones of the defunct American B-1A), they ended up being deployed in air launchable versions with carrier-based Su-27M Flankers and sea-launchable from Sovremenny-class destroyers. Soviet naval air power was fairly laughable at the time, but a good deal of their surface combatants were also Sunburn-equipped, which made the missile a nonetheless ubiquitous threat to be considered.

It's fast. And that's about it. Its flight speed reduces the engagement time-envelope of hard point defense systems like CIWS and RAM from ~2 minutes to around 30 seconds at best. With a shortened envelope, this increases the chances of a missile (component of a large salvo) saturating a defense system, and getting inside its decision cycle. The surface combat systems of 1980 had a hard time identifying and prioritizing targets that quickly, and given that a Sunburn attack would have ostensibly involved hundreds of them, it was nearly assured that enough would make it through to harm the carrier. That was pre-AEGIS though, and the US Navy's Ticonderoga-class cruisers changed all that. AEGIS was designed, at inception, to specifically mitigage the threat of a Soviet missile attack on an American carrier battle group. Block 0 AEGIS showed up, tactics were developed, and a mode of protection became available.

The missiles became even less of a concern around 1987-88, when the entire AEGIS system received a baseline upgrade. Chief amongst these changes was the refinement of the AN/SPY-1D phased array radar and Block 1 CIWS upgrade. The new SPY-1D could better track sea skimming missiles than the 1A because its digital signal processors had been upgraded with faster CPUs that could filter out RF backscatter from wavetops. The Block 1 CIWS upgrade increased CIWS's rate of fire by 25% (4500r/min, pneumatic gun drive) and extended its engagement envelope past 2 nautical miles with subcaliber Tungsten teflon-saboted ammunition (14mm penetrator) - thus increasing potency markedly. Also upgraded was the internal search radar, although this was not as significant, given that AEGIS CIWS is slaved to the SPY, and usually doesn't even spin up its own internal search radar.

The largest reason why the Sunburns never became more of a threat, however, had little to do with technology and everything to do with modern American naval tactics. A carrier battle group operates at sea with impunity. That's the only way to put it. Both under the waves and over, hundreds of nautical miles out, the maritime battlespace is under control of the CVBG. If the sea can't be secured, the carrier won't be there. It's too much of a strategic risk, given the aircraft carrier's role in American defensive posture. Anyway, to launch an attack with Sunburns, bombers would have to close to within the missile's 50 nautical mile standoff range. The problem for them is, carriers in wartime steaming run a two tiered net of CAP aircraft, beginning 300 nautical miles out. The 300nm CAP flight usually consists of 2-4 fighters at 10-12,000 feet with an E-2C Hawkeye flying charlie around 30,000 feet. At that altitude, the Hawkeye's SAR has a range of another ~250nm. So, starting at 600nm away, the bomber formations are detected. Outer tier CAP aircraft are vectored, inner-tier CAP aircraft, 2-4 fighters patrolling at 150-200nm, move out to the outer track, and the carrier launches its alert-5 fighters to relieve the inner tier. Supposing the outer tier fighters can't do the job, the inner tier moves out, and the carrier launches the alert-15 fighers - and so on. In the event that the bombers can negotiate the fighter gauntlet, there remains the surface combatants - AEGIS ships that can track and engage up to 256 targets at a time. Remember, AEGIS was designed to be able to stop a missile barrage. Aircraft are fish in a barrel to a Ticonderoga with a magazine full of SM-2s. And that's the primary reason why the USN didn't get skittish around the Sunburn like we would think they would. The attacking aircraft would be attacked and likely destroyed before they closed to within 200 nautical miles of the battle group, much less the 50nm outer engagement limit of the missiles. The missiles would never leave the pylons.

The Sunburn is a novelty; nothing more. Some things about it are pretty cool though. Ramjet-sustained cruise missiles have a certain simplistic finesse to their design that's appealing. The Sunburn is so fast, that at 1,300mph at sea level, its skin gets so hot that it's a veritable beacon on a FLIR. The speed is astounding, but the missile is fairly mediocre as a weapon. Like most Russian technology, it excels in one specific attribute, forsaking all others. (See also: MiG-25 Foxbat, Oscar II SSGN) More of a curious sideshow than something to be feared, the Sunburn really isn't the threat that Tom Clancy cracked it up to be. The Soviet engineers came up with some crazy stuff in their day. Although once in a while they had some real winners. That whole gas turbine thing turned out pretty well, and I've always had a soft spot for the Kirovs.
    no.

17. otheadp Banned Banned

what do you mean "no" ??
    they've got Allah on their side!

18. nico Banned Banned

Sunburns

Well the analysis by Stokes was a good one, but it dabs too much into the Americana side of the argument. The Aegis class ships are excellent, not going to negate that fact. But I have to say that with Soviet tactics of "en masse" the Aegis class system would be hard pressed to actually stop most of the sunburns. The Russians have a excellent advantage in terms of missile tactics. They have many supersonic, low flying, missiles. Ranging from the Sunburn to the Moskit, then to the SS-N-19 which could easily destroy a carrier. Most of the Russian missiles increase their effectiveness by adding a nuke warhead as well. One Kirov has 19 SS-N-19's, I think most are armed with nuke warheads, easily in one shot destroying an entire carrier battle group. Even let's say that a Phalanx does destroy the Sunburn from hitting the ship, the sheer momentum of the sunburn would still cause damage to the ship. Also remember the Sunburn (or a variant) is geared to destroy radar platforms. For instance the slow E-2's would be shot down by the Air-Air version of the Sunburn missile. The problem with this analysis that Stokes or I am referring to is so "Cold War"... The issue at hand is Israel's navy against a Sunburn armed force. There is no chance for the Israeli’s; they don't have the Aegis, which would at least possibly be able to shoot these things down. Look at the damage the Exocet missiles did to the British navy of the 1982 war. The Argentines had less then 12 I think Exocets in their inventory but look at the "Cold War" ready British navy, the Exocet is a sub-sonic missile... The Israeli's would not be able to actually stop these missiles. But I haven't again heard of any exports of the missile outside China. The Sunburn represents a largely invincible aspect of the Russian military today. Well I lie; the new Alpha missile seems like some hot shit. I even think it has stealth features... oh my. The American carrier groups could survive one attack by one ship, but against a larger more competent force, it doesn’t stand a chance.

19. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

No way, russia will not touch israel, , George soros will collapse the russian economy if they do, besides the rusians mobsters wouldn't want to mess up their lucrative XTC trade with the israelis

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Hey, maybe XTC should be an integral part of the peace process!

Robbery? No one owned America, Africa, Asia, or Australia, so what happened was natural expansion, and the inevitable clash of cultures that followed. The industrial revolution supported a population explosion, those people had to go somewhere. It was messy, but it was not wrong to expand into those places.

21. nico Banned Banned

Hey, maybe XTC should be an integral part of the peace process!

I think it already is....

No one owned America, Africa, Asia, or Australia, so what happened was natural expansion,

:bugeye:

22. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Why does every body hate the Jewish State

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. nico Banned Banned

Why does everyone call it the Jewish state?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!