Islam and the U.S. Constitution

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Syrian, Oct 7, 2003.

1. The US Constitution has been cross-referenced to the Quran, the Islamic scripture. There is remarkable correlation between the two documents; the similarity is made more striking when viewed against the backdrop of the horrific events of September 11th and the ensuing negative comments about Islam. This study deflates the myths that Koranic teachings are incompatible with the U.S. form of Government (Constitution). Rather, it reveals the congruence between the two sets of guiding principles and highlights the breadth and richness of Islamic teachings.

The comprehensiveness of Islamic teachings is further demonstrated by the fact that the Quran first disclosed these principles of equality, freedom, justice and human rights, which form the foundation of the most successful system of Government in the modern world, some fourteen centuries ago. The fact that the founding fathers of the US Constitution reached the same conclusions as outlined in the Quran establishes the uniqueness of human psyche; a successful system that is equitable and just, must guarantee individual rights and freedom and that people be responsible for their actions. The indisputable Koranic evidence unequivocally destroys the terrorist’s hypocritical and bigoted claims to the contrary.

http://www.islamandusconstitution.com/toc.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

this reminds me what the Saudi ambassador to Canada said to his Canadian counterpart when asked about torture allegations of an imprisoned Canadian.

"Torture? We don't do that in Saudi Arabia. Torture is un Islamic"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

The Founding Fathers weren't Xian, but they were enlightened Freemasons. Some say they were part of the Illuminati. I don't know much about about Freemasonry, but my English grandfather was high in the ranks of Freemasonry, and he wasn't Xian. Doesn't Freemasonry have a hint of Islamic belief? He never really talked about his Masonic interests.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chalcedony Registered Senior Member

Muslim roots for the Constitution? What a joke.

The Iroquois are Native Americans for those who may not know.

Iroquois history

8. Clearly,you did not read my link, oh well, typical christian.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Proud_syrian,

From chapter 3 –

Islam is an Arabic word, derived from a root that means both "peace" and "submission". It thus connotes the attainment of peace, here and Hereafter, through submission to God, or, in other words, through conformity to His Will.

The constitution of the USA makes no reference to God whatsoever. That the founding fathers intended the Constitution to be secular is beyond question; motions to include such religious references at the Constitutional Convention were voted down.

Your claim of a connection between Islam and the constitution of the USA fail on this simple paradox – Islam is based entirely on submission to the will of God, and the Constitution is not.

10. Flores Registered Senior Member

Just a small correction, since arabic is my native language. Islam is a derivation of a word of three meanings. Salam is peace, while Salem is submission, and Saleem is total. The derivation of the word is to imply total peacefull submission.

"One nation under god" seems to be quite a reference to god. Our currency bills also says In god we trust. I agree with you that there has been definition attributed to god, still, we are unified under some entity that our founder fathers have called god.

I agree, no apparant connection, but the basics are similar.

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Flores,

Yet these are not in the constitution. The constitution does not reference God.

I believe the original statement on the currency and elsewhere was E Pluribus Unum (Out of Many, One). The original intent was NOT to unify us under some godlike entity.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/nat_mott.htm

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  12. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

"One nation under God" was added in 1954 and then removed later. Our currency also has a pyramid with an eyeball atop the pyramid. That's an occult symbol, or a symbol of the Illuminati which G. Washington and T. Jefferson, et al. were.

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Flores,

Derived not from a god but from basic human needs and desires that many attribute to a god. I would suggest that if you place a group of people in a room where some are religious and some are not and ask them to derive a system of morals and ethics that they would all agree on similar results. In effect a religious influence is essentially redundant, whether Islamic or Christian.

14. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

M*W,

The last time I looked it was still present.