Whats the most disturbing thing youve seen in movies?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by swooper, Jun 14, 2003.

1. swooper Registered Member

A friend of mine brought this up a while back. I knew I had seen some really messed up stuff, but I just couldnt think of it at the time. Can you guys jog my memory?

The most disturbing thing i can remember on a movie is the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan." I dont like anything with blood, especially when it really psyches you out

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. LoserIncorporated Registered Member

Tears of the Sun.

I just got through watching this movie earlier this evening. I had some gripes with the first hour of this movie (writing, acting) but about halfway through the movie takes a really gripping turn. Some of what has really gone on in all of the inter-African blood wars really comes to light. It makes you kind of sick to your stomach when you say things like "Man! My life sucks because my DVD rack is full!"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. swooper Registered Member

Another thing I realized that can be pretty gross is anime. Sometimes its so messed up, I wonder if the radiation from 1945 did some serious damage. More people die cruel deaths in anime than in Hamlet. I remember waching one called "Cowboy Bebop" a while back. Aftrer each passing episode, I becaome more and more depressed. Come time for the end of the shows run, the main character died, his girlfriend died, this one girls life is messed up forever, and im left wondering,"Is there any anime or rpg that seriously ends happily?"

Whats more messed up than that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I've seen some very disturbing stuff in my movie watching days.

Most recently 28 Days Later takes the crown as most distrubing. I really can't stand people screaming in pain. This had so much of it. Especially when a soldier who's ammo had run out and was cowering in the corner finally got slain by the infected.

Also a guy having his eyeballs pushed into his sockets is pretty...not good.

Saving Private Ryan is mediocre compared to some stuff I've seen.

On the anime front, M.D Geist takes the biscuit

Neo and Trinity getting it on made me want to gouge out my eyes but I figured that you can't gouge out the minds eye

Last edited: Jun 14, 2003
  8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

jar jar binks

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Here here

Fat Bastard naked in Austin Powers 2: TSTSM

Pretty much any fat guy naked in any film

10. swooper Registered Member

the live birth video I had to watch in the 8th grade

that should NEVER be shown in public school EVAR!!!

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Anime is rather disurbing to the squemish....try "mystery of the necronomicon" on for size....

Also "House of thousand corpses" i hear is very gruesome.

12. MrMynomics The Boss Registered Senior Member

The Beginning of Ghost Ship, It starts off with a gentile sound of a beautiful women singing, It all seems like Titanic and then Bam!!, The Sharp Wire Breaks, It Flys Around The Room, Slicing 'n' Dicin Everybody, Its Tense for 5 secs, Their Bodies Slowly Fall Apart, But Oh Their Was a Survivor, A Little Girl, The Rest is a Piece of Crap.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  13. Xev Registered Senior Member

Leonardo Dicaprio in Titanic.
    Actually, any part of Titanic.

A bit more revealing than most splatter flicks, but not horridly gruesome.
    Then again, I might just be immured.

14. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

The Cell.....that bodybuilder woman enforcer in his head in the white underwear was truly disturbing...also that little kid.

The movie "blob"....weird ass stuff that can be dizzying for younin.

15. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

Gummo

16. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Wait, Thor, you've seen 28 Days Later?

That movie looks awesome! I assume you are in England, because it doesn't come out in the states until the 24th. Please, tell me that it is better than Resident Evil.

17. MrMynomics The Boss Registered Senior Member

28 Days Later could've been much better and much more than what it was, Its much better than Resident Evil,But No Dawn of the Dead, Yeah the Zombies were Awesome, But their needed to be more action, It should've been made in the United States, Without question. Go Rent Dog Soldiers, Its much better than 28 Days Later and it was much more successful, Just check out the Reviews, GobSmacking Movie A+, Go Rent Dog Soldiers.

18. nuzod Registered Member

I can definitely see how Gummo could be disturbing. The director (whose name escapes me at the moment, and I'm ashamed) also did Kids. That film bothered me a little until I thought about it more.

19. nuzod Registered Member

Those movies are lightweights. What about Peter Jackson for unbelieveably gory humor, and old John Waters for pure sleaze?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  20. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

I saw Dog Soldiers, but only the crappy Sci-Fi Channel version (it was edited). the part where the guy gets skewered by the tree when he runs into it it awesome though.

21. fredx Banned Banned

The Ring, keep an eye on your tv, ya' hear!

22. GodHatesYou Registered Member

I can't beleive nobody's mentioned requiem for a dream. that shit freaked me out, especially the 4 way climax. BUTT TO BUTT! BUTT TO BUTT! ZAP! HACKITY HACK! BUTT TO BUTT! good times.

~GHY~

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Last House on the Left

For some reason, I'm having trouble thinking past the rape scene at the pond in "Last House on the Left" and the "chisel" scene that comes near the end.

:m:,
    Tiassa