goofyfish you are NOT fair

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Helen, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Helen Registered Senior Member

I have posted many articles about Israeli terrorism but you were quick to delete them, so when I started posting pictures which speak thousands words, you again delete them, what's wrong ?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

The thing is that you irritate people by
    1) Not replying to peoples' posts
    2) Not making a point

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Feel free to speak your thousand words so that we
    can all be clear on your intent. This is a discussion forum.

Edit to add:

I just reread your post - please do not exaggerate the facts.
    I deleted just one post and sent you a PM as to why I did so -
    although you have not read it as of this posting.

:m: Peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

closing that thread was rather nazi-esque in itself. but that's just my opinion. what do i know, i'm not a mod?

8. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

If she actually made a point that would be different. If all she wants to do is post pictures she can pay for webhosting and send us a link. This is a discussion forum, not a post-my-pictures-and-annoy-people forum.

9. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I think Goofy is a rather unbiased mod. He likes to keep the forum free of junk and I support that. All that you have been doing, Helen, is post crap and ignore discussion. You won't find much support here. Esp when you go about copy pasting pictures and using super-emotional rants to back yourself up.

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I'm with Goofy on this one. Her pictures don't answer questions, oh no, just raises more. And how does she answer?? More pictures of course which apparently 'SPEAK THOUSAND WORD'...which obviously do not.

I still say that boy is dancing tho

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Edit to add:

Elbaz, goofy is a bias moderator. He prefers smart posts to stupid posts. That's a good kinda bias don't you think

11. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

"Nazi-esque."

Now there is a meaningless word – it is used to evoke an emotional response, but says
    nothing. I support genocide? Live vivisection? World domination? What do you mean?

As evidenced by all of the threads by AZCowboy that have been closed.

Get a grip on yourself Helen. You are doing nothing but ranting - quite unbecoming.

12. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

DELETE tool in the absents....

I feel sorry for Helen as I have felt in my skin (sort of speak) similar actions I personally have no problems with posted pictures even if a given MOD my feel to reprimand some one advising to reduce it a little. Either way, I would be more scared of “thousand words”
    from Helen that a couple of pictures since, let face it how many of us will read all that.

I will like to express one more time that moderation of action by moderators is necessary and should be a rare commodity in this forums. If the complaint from Helen its true, I don’t think is a good idea to use the DELETE tool in the absents of proper end efficient couching.

goofyfish: I know that you may be too busy to dedicate attention on constructive coaching, time is precious to you. But think for a moments that the time of thousands of visitors and contributors it’s just as much valuable.

I personally have no problems with (picture) posts from Helen any more or less then other lengthily posts that do nothing more then a half mile rhetoric.

A picture is worth a thousand words in the sense that there are pictures that no words can describe. I personally have no dislike to Helen’s picture show, and I would be surprised if you have received many complaints about it.

13. spookz Banned Banned

i would suggest that all posts slated for deletion by the individual forum mods be reviewed by the supermods before it is dumped.

that way perhaps we can have more confidence in getting a fair shake here in sciforums.

also an individual mod"s integrity would not be called into question.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

That's a damn good recommendation. Would eliminate pointless threads like this one and people can't single out a single mod. But wouldn't that eliminate the independance and style of a mod and make more of a Moderation Committee??

15. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Helen posts a picture, and then interpret it in the most retarded way possible.

16. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

...and expects us to believe her interpretation and when others are given she sulks

17. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

... and even after sulking doesn't respond with anything but another picture to change the 'subject' of the non existant discussion.

18. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

lmao

...and after posting the picture it is removed by a mod and then she sulks again

19. spookz Banned Banned

hopefully yes! if a mod wants to demonstrate "independance", camp out in the wilderness. if a mod wants to demonstrate "style" , go to a nightclub

and focus please, we are only talking about deletions.

20. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

If a thread is posted just to advertize someone's opinion then it is pointless. Helen doesn't participate at all, and has just been using the board as somewhere so can show pictures. There was no reason not to delete it.

21. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

For The Record...

The posts of hers that were deleted:

One containing nothing outside of an insult to another user.
    Two containing the same picture and no comment as this post.
    And based on that comment, I would be surprised if you read the thread in its entirety before posting... actually, based on a multitude of other posts of yours, I guess I am not all that surprised.

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

With apologies for the ego

I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. What is so hard for people to figure out? I'm known to post all manner of irrelevant pictures and citations, and yes, sometimes with little or no comment. But as I look around at a minor hubbub recently about citation methods and now running issues about posting pictures: I just don't see what's so hard about it.

Goofyfish, I'm reminded of Homer Simpson: "I kicked a giant mouse in the butt; do I have to draw you a picture?"

So go ahead, draw them a picture. I know it's ridiculous, and it frustrates me because it's so hard to explain to people the subtle difference of having a point or not.

Helen: While the content of the pictures, and even the number of pictures doesn't bother me, I might wonder a few issues about where they're coming from. Why reproduce the whole gallery when you can link one picture and provide the site address for the rest of them? People don't often like to read a 10,000-word article if you put that link in front of them, but they generally like pictures. And the problem is that for many of us, without better commentary on your part, there's nothing to discuss. And your propagandous approach appears more than a little hateful. That never helps.

In general, it's not just the idea of using a long citation or a picture. And here is where I'll start inflating my ego. We'll start with a question: How many times has a moderator addressed a citation or picture I've posted? Insofar as I can tell, zero. I've been moderated on my language before twice I think. Do our moderators kiss my ass? No. I generally stay the hell out of their way. Now, think about that: For all I post, for all the (long) citations I drag people through, and for all the pictures I link into my posts, they go without moderation of necessity. No, I'm not telling you to try to write like Tiassa, but for heaven's sake, there are ways to effectively use source material to compose a literate and coherent argument without letting those images or citations stand as the whole of the work. That's the essential difference. The day I turn this place into a posting board for propaganda handbills, I expect our moderators to stop me.

But, you know ... this board and its moderators are generally quite good when it comes to balancing "fair" and "civil". It's hard to do, and with all the complaining people have done lately about our moderators, I'm hard-pressed to understand what it is people want.

:m:,
    Tiassa

23. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Re: For The Record...

I am a little disappointed on you as moderator, taking guesses at if or not or how I may or may not read a thread. I obviously had the false impression that moderators have to be the type of persons that moderates constructively instead of guessing their own opinion.

If you are bored and wish to discuss my posting style, we can do that too. But do not try to deviate or disguised the issue, it is a little low argument made by a MOD . I still think that guidance, coaching in developing a good standard by sciforums contributors is a better and constructive alternative.

Don’t tell me that we must contempt ourselves to the luck that Pollux V does not follow your style.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2003