Do you dream in color?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by A Canadian, Dec 3, 2002.

1. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

I heard somewhere that only a few poeple dream in color and others in black in white.
    i myself have had only one black and white dream that im aware of.
    i also once had a VERY vivid and colorful dream inwhich many differnt paterns of light, of shapes, sizes, brightness.... where dancing in the skys and flying thought the skys shoot differnt forms of light (it was a dream inwhich aliens where destorying earth, i saw no alien ships or ETs, just a REALLY cool light show)

So do you dream in color or black & white?

what about 2d & 3d.... i have no comment about the demesions of dreams, so ill throw the floor to your guys.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

In psych they taught us that most people dream in black and white, but I dream in colour, and most people I have asked also dream in colour.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

do poeple dream with sound as well?

what about touch and smell?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. moonman Registered Senior Member

I myself often dream in very vivid colour.
    I haven't had a single dream in black and white that I know of.

I often experience touch aswell.

There have been dreams where I've heard beautifull music that I've never heard before just to wake up and forget it all and be left with the memory that I've just experinced somthing amazing..

I wish I could somehow tap into that part of my mind where that music resides.

Oh well, i probably just need to hit my head realy hard.

8. Othersider Registered Member

I always dream in color. Even when I'm in the 3rd person, I usually taste. I can't feel things very much though. It's really hard for me to think about this, though, because most of my dreams are obscure once I've woken up. Even right after I wake up I can't remember must of my dream.

9. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I dream in color.

Got all the senses too.

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I, too, dream in color--except when I'm dreaming it's nighttime--and in accelerated time.

11. moonman Registered Senior Member

It looks to me as if most people do dream in color. Or perhaps only the few people who think about their dreams do.
    Maybe we just add color to the shatterd memories we have of our dreams?

12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I remember when I was a kid at schoold and the teacher told us that everybody dreams in blck and white. ALL the kids protested, the thought of dreaming in black and white was absurd, and still is. Where have they gotten this from anyway? Whatever it is, it's not a relaible method...at all.

13. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

It's probably just an old wives tale that got out of control. A
    good example of the power of belief vs. fact.

14. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

woooaaahh...
    there was a thread with this same title in the last forum i was in... about a year ago.. only it was "do you dream in colour?"... wow... thats.. odd-ish..

but yes.. full color here.. widescreen

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

me

i dream color

16. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

90% 3rd person. even the lucid dreams.

17. kmguru Staff Member

Full spectrum...including erotic feelings/ activity.

18. Gil_W HU-Hybrid Registered Senior Member

A Canadian, researches have proved that all our senses are taking part in our dreams.
    Even the smell.

It's also knowm that blind people have more dreams fullfiled with a lot types of sounds.
    Anyway, our subconscious filters the info we get and experience, so what we remember after the dream is the most active sense: Seeing.

But do not worry. In many procedures, such as hypnosis when we can restore our dreams and past-experiences, we can still touch, smell and hear.

19. Gil_W HU-Hybrid Registered Senior Member

And what about dreams following medical treatment\drugs\getting drunk?

We tend in those occasions to distort the 3rd dimension.
    That's is known as a source for many inventions, illuminations and so on.

Alice in the WonderLand- is just an example amond many others.
    Carol wrote it under drugs, going into odd dreams.

Don't forget they were the dreams of his own, the feelings of his own. And you *read* it.

20. Gil_W HU-Hybrid Registered Senior Member

"nighttime", huh?

According to the scientific aspect it's impossible to dream in colors.
    Why? that's simple, bacause our eyes are closed, not getting rays of light= no spectrum= no colors. Anyway, even our nerves don't get any light, we "fix" our dream by ourselves, adding colors to it.

What about blind people? That's interesting..

21. kmguru Staff Member

That does not sound logical. If the explanation is true, then we can not hear sound as well if the ears are plugged and touch if no one touches the skin and taste since the mouth is closed.

Is not that the dreams are from the information stored in the brain and the manipulation of such information that is already present in the memory banks? On top of that, the mind can create new models based on base information such as one can dream unusual flowers that does not exist in real life. The brain can remodel the petals, color, stems, leaves and even smell from the basic meta data.

22. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Maybe the so called "scientist" that came up with this absurd theory was colorblind himself and therfore not able to perceive colours at all, and made up this theory to justify his anxiety.
    Because if it was true, we wouldn't be able to think in colour either, with our eyes closed.

23. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

^maybe you should let him or her know about the ways of the color.

not sure if this was ment hypothetical or to me.. so ill anser anyway.

ive only been really drunk once in my life.. and.. i don't remember any of my dreams at that time, nor how i fell asleep... but i do take a muscle relaxer regularly that puts me to sleep, and i think i dream more or atleast remember them more because i sleep solid for a longer period of time.. but like i said the dreams jump around alot, thers lots of new ones.