Bridge to Sri Lanka

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by kmguru, Oct 13, 2002.

1. kmguru Staff Member

NASA discovers bridge of Ramayana period
    18.32 IST 09th Oct 2002

By IndiaExpress Bureau

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) space shuttle has imaged a mysterious ancient bridge between India and Sri Lanka, as mentioned in the Ramayana.

The evidence, according to experts is in the Digital Image Collection.

The bridge, which was discovered only recently, was named as Adam’s Bridge. It is made of a chain of shoals, 30 km long, in the Palk Straits between India and Sri Lanka.

The bridge reveals the mystery behind it. The bridge's unique curvature and composition by age reveals that it is man-made.

Legend as well as Archeological studies have it that the first signs of human inhabitants in Sri Lanka date back to the primitive age, about 1,750,000 years ago. And the bridge is almost equivalent.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

This reminds me of something. When I was in high school I lived not far from the coast. There was a private island just off the beach. There were house trailers there and that was about it. There was no bridge, no paved road, no electricity. The beach facing the island was public. Now all the locals knew that at low tide, you could drive to the island, on hard sand, even if you couldn't see the shoal. During high tide you best have a boat cause you weren't going to see that vehicle again till low tide if you drove it out in the water. I always wondered by anyone in their right mind would want live on a barrier island.

While no where near that far away from the main land, I guess it goes to show history repeats itself in many variations.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Natural or man made?

If man made that would be one heck of a monument to slave labor.

8. postoak Registered Senior Member

I'm pretty skeptical this could be man-made. Think about it. A bridge would probably be less than 100 feet wide and I don't think it would even show at that altitude. This is more likely to be an underwater ridge.

9. kmguru Staff Member

The bridge's unique curvature and composition by age reveals that it is man-made.

10. postoak Registered Senior Member

Why does the bridge's "unique curvature and composition by age" reveal it to be man-made. I would think just the opposite. If man built the bridge, he would take the shortest route -- a straight line. I don't even know what "composition by age" is supposed to mean -- it sounds like mumbo-jumbo. Since "man" is only 70,000 or so years old, a bridge 1.7 million years old isn't likely to be man-made.

11. kmguru Staff Member

If I am a structural engineer set to design such a bridge, I would design a curved bridge to distribute the lateral forces more efficiently. It is like designing an arch or a square. Basic engineering 101.

As to man being only 70,000 years old - that is what we know today, because we have not found any bones. In India that is hard to do, since people cremate the bodies and distribute the ashes...Does anyone know, how a nuclear blast affect carbon dating?...Has anyone seriously looked at the composition of materials and ground layers in India?...The work has just started...give them some time.

Unlike US, no one stops digging if they find any old stuff below ground in that part of the world. May be the future digs unearth interesting stuff....

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

13. kmguru Staff Member

While the picture is not a fake, someone mixed up the information about the years...so back to the drawing board to find out if the imagination fits the real data....

Too...bad...science to junk science in a matter of hours....

14. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

Hello. everybody, Edufer is back!

Kmguru, the Ramayama and other hinduistic scripts and legends go back about 8,000 years ago. As the Maharabata speaks pf flying machines, atomic wars, radiation, cities in orbit, etc, we can asume that those people (not necessarily the common hindus) had a technology that could have built the bridge. I wonder why didn't they built it across the much shorter span seen at the south of the island, though. Perhaps the shorelines have changed a lot since then...

But man is not just 70,000 years old. I don't want to get into an argument with no one, but the famous Stones of Ica, found in the Ocucaje desert in Perú, suggest there existed a civilization about 70 million years ago, living along with the dinosaurs. The evidence is strong enough to support this theory. Perhaps in some days from now I could give you more details on this.

Imagine just this: the famous Paracas mantle, found in Perú, is one of the oldest archaeological findings ever made in America (not the US, of course) and it describes the genetic disorder known as "syndactilia", an hereditary trait that prevents the growing of the thumb in both hands. How do you (or anyone) explain this?

I have personally seen a "pressure pot" made of ceramics, with a relief valve on top (and two handles that were secured together for making it resistant to the inside pressure) that belongs to the Chimú civilization in Perú. As they lived more than 3,000 years ago, high in the Andes, that seems to be an excellent way to have their soup ready in a jiffy...

I will be back in the board soon. I have been too busy (away from home) to get in touch with you people. Have a nice time.

Edufer signing off...

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

interesting about the dinosaurs, Edufer.
    I have read about dinosaurs and a heart transplantation inscribed on stones in Andes

glad to see you back

16. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

3 billion years suggest of aliens, because I doubt of any more advanced life than a fish then

or we ourselves are aliens from Mars
    refugees of our previous dying word
    my theory is that it was a metiorite strike

Maybe those spheres were left by first explorers
    duno , but extremely interesting- definetely made by some intelligent life

ahhhh- so magical and misterious is the world we live in
    I love thee

edit- southafrica suggests tht maybe aliens were repleneshing their uranium stocks for ships engines

edit2 - or quicksilver- remember reading in one book that they might have used quicksilver- was said so in one of Vedas

maybe they were left from some kind of equipment

Last edited: Oct 22, 2002
  18. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

Looks something like the death star.

Maybe humans (or something as intelligent) came before dinosaurs, got extinct, then the species comes back from a male and female frozen in ice for millions of years. It would explain Adam and Eve and also why humans are such idiots (inbreeding).

Or maybe the intern that was operating the isotope-dating machine added a few zeros to the real date.

19. kmguru Staff Member

Some one needs to dig out this information:

I saw in discovery channel that our sun was colder and getting hotter over billion of years and as such the tempearate zone moved from Venus to Earth and will move to Mars in a few hundred million years.

Can somebody verify this. If this is so, then we would be Venusians with almost same gravity....

If it is the opposite - we will be Martians....moved here....

The other part is, both Mahabharat and Ramayan describe different planets, space ships, guided missiles and other super advanced weaponery while the west was dreaming about earth as the center of the universe. As I said before, either someone was better than Authur Clarke or there is some truth to it. Even Clarke's 3010 is based on recent science. So, what kind of science was then to write science fictions?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2002
  20. kmguru Staff Member

The 3 Billion year old Spheroid looks like some type of memory device or a space camera that moves indepenedently after a full charge. I wonder why no one in the media talks about it or that NASA doing some research into it?

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

the reason is as always

those spheres don't exist because they don't fit in the "all is secure and known" picture

22. spookz Banned Banned

you mean slave monkey labor
    or is it monkey slave labor?

23. Jaxom Tau Zero Registered Senior Member

Does anyone know, how a nuclear blast affect carbon dating?...Has anyone seriously looked at the composition of materials and ground layers in India?

This triggered an old memory. I remember reading a book, I think from the 70's, that had in its title something about the Bermuda Triangle. Anyway, the last chapter dealt with other evidence around the world of ancient, forgotten civilizations.

One paragraph mentioned either India or that part of the world, and had stated that in drilling core samples (for oil I think) a team of explorers had run across a layer of rock that was like glass, dating back thousands of years (I don't remember the number). The last comment was that the only other place on earth they had ever seen such a material was in atomic testing fields, suggesting of course that maybe this is evidence of some nuclear blast.

Now, I took all that stuff with a grain of salt, of course, especially when my limited search for info (before the Internet) turned up nothing. But India does have a lot of potential ancient history it seems. Research and evidence will tell.