So who really rules the world?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Epictetus, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Who really rules the world?

I typed that into Google-search a while back and you can imagine the gazillion sites it brought up. Well, I confess that I only looked at a small fraction of that gazillion, and I had to grudgingly admit the most reasonable answer was that of the Jehovah's Witnesses. You look,if you want to know their answer.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Now I don't say that I am in agreement, but I had to frown to myself and nod, and think that perhaps they had a point.

Or is it like in the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre: lowbrow rednecks who kidnap girls really rule the world?

Nonetheless, I am posing the question to you: Who really rules the world?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

This should clear things up for you. This is how it works.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xotica Everyday I’m Shufflin Registered Senior Member

The First Commandment of anti-Semitism... Jews rule the world

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

I'm in AWE of such deep thinking as you have presented in that chart.

Simply friggin amazing.

In other words, if we just took all the money away from the very rich, overthrow the Governments of the world, disband the international bodies like the UN, close the banks and financial institutions that allow regional, national and global trade, fire the police, burn the churches and the public schools, turn off the transmitters for the big media outlets and shred all the paper money....

THEN

everything would be GREAT.

I'll go get the pitchforks and torches, meet you at the gates....

Right.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I am willing to bet Esotericist was being tongue-in-cheek in offering that as the answer.

It would be the very kind of answer the OP would want to hear.

9. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Is that the British Queen right at the top?
    She rules the world????????

She doesn't even rule the British except as a figure head.

10. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

I'm pretty sure he really believes in that pyramid.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

From World Financial Control downwards it is pretty much accurate.

The work force are put into debt from birth to death.
    They are fed garbage information through the media,
    They are pacified with drugs and religion.
    They receive a second rate education.
    They are manipulated by advertising........
    to want goods supplied by a small group of companies.
    Governments come and go but nothing essentially changes.
    The world's banks tell countries what to do.

All of that is correct isn't it?

But it is not maintained through conspiracy.
    The powerful want to retain power, and make sure things within the limitations of their control don't change too much.
    The combined efforts of these individuals and corporate bodies achieve more control over the labour force than a conspiracy ever could, without having to conspire.
    It is the "unseen hand" at a higher level.

12. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

No, not at all.

The work force are put into debt from birth to death. <== 40% of the US homes are owned outright. Their net worth, after debt is nearly 60 Trillion, and the percentage of households with a negative net worth (more debt than assets) declined from 9.5% in 1989 to 4.1% in 2001. (Wiki)

They are fed garbage information through the media, <== Oh bull. There is SO much more information available today, to so many more people, from so many more outlets and forms, including access to foreign sources and now social media.

They are pacified with drugs and religion. <== Really, they are slipping pacifying drugs into our water supply now? NO they are not. People are forced to go to Church? NO they are not.

They receive a second rate education. <== BS, far more people are graduating from College today then ever before. You can't say a college education is a second rate education.

They are manipulated by advertising........ <== Well yeah, but then they also have things like Consumer Reports and User Reviews and competing advertizing, so no, they aren't actually manipulated

to want goods supplied by a small group of companies. <== Huh? the number of competing companies is higher now then ever before. When I grew up there were essentially few cars for sale that weren't made in Detroit, now even living in a fairly small city I can buy cars made in Germany, Japan or Korea and several others.

Governments come and go but nothing essentially changes.
    The world's banks tell countries what to do. <== Nope, just the opposite.

All of that is correct isn't it? <== No, not even close.

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

A pile of bricks and mortar is all most people have to show for their lives. 30 years of toil to pay for it.
    By then it's nearly time for their new home, a wooden box.

14. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

If that's you then I feel sorry for you then.

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Nice of you to think of me. Thanks.
    I talk of the masses adoucette.
    I suspect you are one too.
    You are like a dog barking at your master's gate.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

This is a personal opinion, yes?

I think you realize it is indefensible, unless you have interviewed a statistically significant portion of the population.

I think you also realize that it is surely highly myopic. How do you measure love, happiness, friends and family on a scale to show what people have accomplished with their lives?

You do consider these valuable things to show for one's life, do you not?

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I am talking about power and money.
    That's the subject of the thread isn't it?

I am saying that no conspiracy controls the world, but the effect is much the same as if one did. Powerful individuals act to help themselves, their friends and their families. The combination of all their actions, although not organised in any way, collectively results in the same families and the same social groups having greater power and wealth for generation after generation.

18. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

19. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Chaos rules with the edge in favor of oil producing nations past and present.

The amount of global trade with China would have me contemplate that the balance of power is in transition once again.

All economy confers benefits and negatives and one's perspective will depend on whether the transition represents a gain or loss to them, either tangibly or psychologically.

(The above is my own perspective, provided without links as one can always find data supporting all sides of any debatable topic.)

20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

That's the second time you have made a personal remark.
    I'd prefer not to trade insults with you.
    One more, and I'll no longer argue with you.

Agreed, if your children are wastrels, and do nothing to generate new wealth,
    they will have nothing to pass on to the next generation.
    But many people work hard all their lives, and have very little to show for it.
    A few million is a useful head start.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  21. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

If I may just jump in here, I won't cite any sources coz I just don't have time right now, but I was reading recently that -adjusting for inflation- the American wage-slave now makes the equivalent of what his ancestors made in 1925.

That means if one were about 87 years old, he will have seen no real progress in American working stiff earnings over his rather longish lifetime.

How depressing is that?

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Except that an American in 1925 would have stood a very slim chance of living anywhere as long as 87.

Disposable income a lousy indicator of a rich life.

Income is tied closely to inflation, so that one doesn't really get ahead in the sense that one has more money to spend. That's kind of how it should go.

What really increases is quality of life in ways that do not come from disposable income, such as health, longevity, education and freedom of options to pursue happiness.

I find it ironic that many of you talk so cynically about people being "wage-slaves". It is an indicator of your mindset that you place so much importance on it.

23. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

In my experience people who work hard their whole lives almost always have quite a bit to show for it.

Someone who has worked hard their whole life, means they have applied themselves in school and gotten a good education, and given a good education and the willingess to work hard, then the opportunities in this country are nearly limitless.