Could a Stereotypical Hollywood nerdy guy strangle a person to death with his LEGS..?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by LeBlanc, Dec 9, 2011.

1. LeBlanc Banned Banned

My friend said there was a case of this happening a couple years ago, where a smart, 14 year old boy suddenly snapped and killed a kid by crushing his windpipe and larynx with his legs and the kid struggled for like 5 minutes, where he then passed out, blood came out his nose and mouth and he died (RIP man if its true) I really don't think one could..i hate nerds but the ones I see at school have long legs but they are VERY thin, and weak looking so I suppose a nerd's legs would break before that could happen.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

We are nerds.
    We are everywhere.
    We are watching, waiting, with our deceptively puny-looking legs, to crush your windpipes.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.
    Fear us.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Was it actually 5 minutes or like 5 minutes.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LeBlanc Banned Banned

How can I know? my friend said it was approx. 5 minutes before the kid passed out, i can't be sure

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

When you roll the dice on someone, you NEVER know what's going to happen no matter how weak they are (or appear to be).

9. Bells Staff Member

*Sigh*

This is what happens when it is school holidays and parents grant unlimited access to the internet..

Why do you assume the person's legs would break unless they suffer from a disease which would result in one's bones breaking easily?

Either way, this is not a Human Science issue.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I know a kid (his dad is one of the best Brazillian jujitsu practitioners in Canada) that is kinda small (about 5'8" or 7 ?) but I saw him destroy someone in a fight by wrapping his legs around a kid's neck and then taking him down (I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself).

People's legs are stronger then they look. Trust me, if you can strangle people with your hands...well you might say hands have a better grip, so lets say biceps. I am pretty sure you can't bicep curl more then the average person can ham curl. If you could, you're probably an All-American, and as strong as Clay Matthews okay? I'm in Grade 10, so I have a good sense of 14-15 year old's strength from last year's gym class (mandatory, so I can see all types, not just athletes or people that are in or wanna be in shape). If your arms are actually that strong, then you might wanna tell rivals.com that they're missing a five-star recruit

Okay you sure the other guy isn't a pussy? Cuz it sounds like it to me, cuz he should've beat the shit out of that kid.

11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

He's stupid that's why lol, and I also doubt he's an athlete or ever worked out (properly).

I don't care what he claims, but he sounds like he is just average build, and below average intelligence. With little or no experience in contact sports and bodybuilding.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, things like this usually comes down to who wants it more and how badly they want it (unless there is a huge size/ability difference, that's why I said usually, cuz odds are...)

It is not just a rhetoric coaches repeat over and over, I've seen with my own eyes, both ways in multiple sports, where we got shut down by teams worse and shut down better teams. Just by the willingness to fight for every inch.

It just adrenaline and willpower, the aggression that flows through your veins and the belief and determination that you WILL beat the guy across from you.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's certainly possible, but 5 minutes is a long time to be holding someone that way and withstanding any counterattack, especially if you aren't strong.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

True, once you think about it, shit 5 minutes is a lot. I can only hold my breath for slightly more than 2 minutes and I am (almost) a certified lifeguard...

15. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

You'd probably have to pin the person underneath you and rest your knee on the victim's throat for it to work...Meh, I could see it...

Women carry their strength in their legs, so it's how I'd try to choke someone bigger than me....

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

um EVERYONE carries there strength in there legs, the strongest mussels in the body are those in the thigh which is why good quality manual handling training will teach you to lift with your legs not your arms or your back

17. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

True that...but I have giant legs, and rather weak arms in comparison...not that the carpal tunnel crap helps

I could build more if I could lift heavier...but then my hands go numb.

18. birch Valued Senior Member

lol

19. LeBlanc Banned Banned

I really don't think the story's real though, I mean it wouldn't have just been on the news once and nothing online and second the whole idea of it happening especially to the point of death is just stupid. its like the idea of an ant killing a dog, it just doesn't happen.

20. LeBlanc Banned Banned

would like this answered

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

It's not that hard. I've done these in judo class. Your legs, even for a pretty weak person, are relatively strong. You WALK on them every day, after all.

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

We answered it...

Who do you think you are? Clay Matthews? Nadamukong Suh? Machida?

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Me? No, I'm a thin, weak, SLIGHTLY above average height 21 year old. I've done those.