The Schwarzchild Coordinates

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Green Destiny, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Green Destiny Banned Banned

(sorry ben, please don't hate me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

Right temur, we can continue our discussions here. In the future, I will ask everyone to stop their bickering. I really want this thread to go down a treat - ok?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Why don't you start by answering my last question from the previous thread. Unless creating this new thread was a way to diffuse the question

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Green Destiny Banned Banned

I've been waiting patiently for you to answer me. The last thread was locked in the middle of our conversation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

8. Green Destiny Banned Banned

I going to have to admit, I am finding imagining your question increasingly difficult. With near enough no knowlegde of the subject, it's making it even more difficult to know what the answers are I am looking for.

I'll need some more help.

9. dhcracker Registered Senior Member

Why don't you benefit the rest of the community and actually ask a question and not make us chase links to your past arguments.... why start a new thread sheesh?

10. Green Destiny Banned Banned

That's a simple question with a simple answer.

It is so that in the future, I cannot be blamed for not wanting to know. If you notice, I could ask a question, but then that would be like answering a question with a question.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What's this thread about? There's no question or topic of discussion in the opening post.

If you wish to have a private conversation, try personal messaging.

12. Green Destiny Banned Banned

I should have made a link. hands up.

temur did make a link though, in one of the posts, so not all is lost. Noting was meant to be private here.

13. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Ok. Do you understand that in the usual x-y coordinate system on the plane, x=const means vertical lines? If you understand please explain this fact according to how you understand it.

14. Green Destiny Banned Banned

Right, okey dokey, I understand that.

I seem to have quite a messy picture in my head of spheres and lines... I dare not indulge you in it. Even I am lost.

So if we are dealing with vertial lines, can I assume this is simply a linear equation \(y=mx + b\) of some context?

15. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

If you understand that, I want you to explain it in detail. Just the fact that x=const are vertical lines. This is important because it would represent a breakthrough on your part.

16. Green Destiny Banned Banned

Well, when I read what you said, the only time I've heard it being important to register why x=const is when Y is a vertical axis on a graph, so you can also have values of -x=constant, and if X the is constant then x is parallel to Y, and that's how I imagined this mapping system.

Mind you, it's probably wrong. If so, I'd love to know what you meant.

17. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Ok, getting closer. What are the set of points (x,y) on the x-y plane, such that x=1 and y can have any (real) value?

18. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Arrghhhh, the stupidity, it burns!! The googles do nothing!!

19. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

If that pun was intentional, it's very clever.

20. Green Destiny Banned Banned

I will not take place in a circus. Tell your friends to back off, or shall I remind alphanumeric what this thread was originally constructed for? It was a contradiction of words made by yourself and by him, which doesn't stand well here. Nothing against you, but it's not fair.