Poor Sami, or, Taking One For the Team

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tiassa, May 10, 2010.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The good news: The Vancouver Canucks are still alive in the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, having won game 5 by a score of 4-1, and bringing the best of seven series back home trailing 3-2.

The other good news: Sami Salo, apparently, has not ruptured a testicle.

The bad news: It is very unlikely Salo will be skating in Vancouver tomorrow night.

But, damn, Sami. People might joke about being injury prone, but, yeah. As J. J. Guerrero put it, "a 100 mph shot in that, ummm, area, still hurts like a bitch."

Salo's replacement is apparently up in the air, or was late last night. Aaron Rome and Nolan Baumgartner have been mentioned, but the latest word around Vancouver is that between the one's undisclosed injury and the other's agitated knee, duty calls Lawrence Nycholat to lace up and skate if Salo, who is listed as day-to-day, simply cannot go.

Skate tall, Sami. Your mates will hold on, that you will play again before this season is done.

Meanwhile, raise a glass to the sacrifices demanded by the gods of the Stanley Cup.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And, of course, give that nut a Facebook page.

Nucknucknucknucknuck.

Notes:

Guerrero, J. J. "Sami Salo: Testicular Fortitude". Canucks Hockey Blog. May 10, 2010. CanucksHockeyBlog.com. May 10, 2010. http://canuckshockeyblog.com/?p=3662

Woo, Andrea. "Sami Salo's testicle takes off on Facebook". The Vancouver Sun. May 10, 2010. VancouverSun.com. May 10, 2010. http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Sami Salo testicle takes Facebook/3007058/story.html

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Fuck, poor guy. Now I'm glad I don't have testicles.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. siledre Registered Senior Member

just the thought of that makes mine want to crawl up into my body.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Sympathy in slow motion

What's weird is that, on the radio—as we drove back to Seattle, from Salem—at first they thought it was just his wrist, and remarked on how fragile Salo is said to be. The guy is injured a lot. And we got a slow revelation. After a while we heard he was taken to the hospital. And I think it was after the game that we heard it was one of those. I forget exactly how he said it; something about Salo being hit in a place men don't like to talk about, or something. But it was a very pained moment as we came 'round a curve toward Seattle. The 405 interchange at 167. Yes, that's how remarkable a moment it was. I can actually remember where I was when I heard it.