My Final Theory

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Reiku, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reiku Banned Banned

Gloria self-reflectus, et Graviora Manent.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Please leave off playing games when you knew exactly what I meant.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Ok. My research informs me that this is not entirely correct. Apparently an outside observer will see particles slowed to a virtual stop as they approach the EH.

So, ben, what is the real mechanism at work here? (assuming we can still observe the particle even though it's light is red-shifted into the long radio portion of the spectrum).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You really do have a stick up your butt.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

This is what i meant. Sorry if i sounded incoherent.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Reiku Banned Banned

He says this, because both theories or speculations cannot be disproven.... deja vu... After all, we can only speculate on the true nature of such systems

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You give yourself too much credit.

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Huh? Wha?

12. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Basically, the infalling observer gets an infinite time dialation relative to your (stationary) reference frame.

Not really. It is quite clear that the event horizon is only a coordinate singularity. Most students who have given a GR book only a cursory glance can tell you this.

Tell me, does everything you know about physics come from pop science books?

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Really? What's amazing here is that Superluminal actually seems to understand that the singularity at the event horizon is a "coordinate singularity" only. If he goes on about the coordinate singularity having a physical meaning he won't be the first one I've seen go both ways on that subject.

What I meant was that I think that people are confusing the coordinate singularity with the object being frozen in time (what I meant by "frozen"), when the time spent there is actually zero. I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I think that in this set of equations there is nothing that says what time rate the object in question experiences compared to the outside, but when you do the math for right there at that infinitely thin boundary condition, you only have one point in time. Also, the temporal rate is going to be related to the actual gravitational stress at the event horizon. I haven't yet seen anyone mention at what remove the event horizon is from regular time.

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

It will come to you eventually.

15. Reiku Banned Banned

A coordinated system, Ben n' super, is a system which has a directionality about it. Sinularities of boundaries, such as a Kerr Singularity CANNOT have a coordination.

1. Because all physical rules break down at singularities,

and

2. A Boundary can only be passed once, therego, there is no coordinated system that allows something to enter and leave, unless mangled and spat out like a peice of junk through information tunelling.

16. Reiku Banned Banned

Exactly. Imperviously omniscient information here. It would be good for super and ben to get off their high horses. :bugeye:

17. draqon Banned Banned

wait...so Reiku do you or do you not believe that God exists? because from what you wrote it seems you do believe in God.

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

What does any of this mean?

A coordinate system is simply a method of measuring things against a chosen reference. There is no "directionality" inherent in a coordinate system itself. Vectors in a coordinate system have directionality as specified with respect to a coordinate system.

A coordinate singularity is one in which a coordinate transfom can (happily) remove infinities (singularities) from your descriptive equations. An actual singularity you are stuck with.

19. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

super---

there is a theorem in differential geometry that says no one coordinate system can define an entire manifold---essentially there are always coordinate singulatities. For example, what are the longitude and lattitude of the north pole?

The event horizon is just a coordinate singularity. Mathematically there is nothing special about it.

Reiku is just regurgitating words that he read in some book. He does that a lot.

20. draqon Banned Banned

0,0?

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Good example. Thanks.

22. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

The point is that they are multiply defined. Why not 360, 360?

23. Reiku Banned Banned

Good quest.

I said, ''I do not believe God would allow a totally lawless region in spacetime.''

My solution is that HE is such a singularity> God is the lawless boundary we call the singulairty, since HE can do anything.

In short, God i do believe to exist. Just misunderstood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.