Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, what happens if the number of views to this thread goes over a million?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Too long for whom? I saw the post and started reading it, hadda leave, came back later, read a bunch more, posted that I was away, woke up this morning and finished it with my coffee. It's not like it was a response to 1 comment so of course its long. But I for one am glad he covered so many posts in one hit so I'm all caught up NOW rather than have several replies to random statements scattered across many pages. He has the right to respond to them, and its either 1 or 2 big responses or 50 smaller ones. As long as its on topic, it's up to the poster and I have no beef about it.

Stick Riker's Enterprise weapons from 'All Good Things' on there too, and if a 3rd nacelle benefits their warp field generation, add that too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh god, the Heavy Phaser Cannon... this badass thing?

Go to 7:13 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21L22C5AjoE

Not onyl does it have the heavy phaser cannon, it has a cloak

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

hehe that was a badass scene in All Good Things. I loved the humorous 'Captain Picard' lines when both Picards would answer. Much better comedy in Trek than the dumbass SW efforts. My gosh who wrote that crap?

8. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

dude you really need to look at some other sci-fi shows then Voyager.

allthough i do admit Seven is good looking she is hardly a match for Chiara, Shikozu and Jool from Farscape or Romy and Trance from Andromeda.

9. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

I was of course, refering to pre-end game Voyager, although we did see that if the Borg had just a few more cubes, they would have won. Near the end, a combination of combined assault from the cubes and the sphere (as well as adaption) proved to have been an overwhelming factor.

Actually, the Enterpise E should have a metaphasic shield generator. Geordie even had a prototype for the Enterprise D by Descent. A decade later, that should be standard shielding.

As for the Ablative armor and Transphasic torpedoes...I would note that using those weapons and defenses violates the Temporal Prime Directive nor did we see them in use during Nemesis, so we must conclude that the UFP does not make use of them thus far.

Her what?

Cloaking devices are a violation of the Treaty of Algeron.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And yet the Defiant has one

So does the Galaxy-X Class

11. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Yes, if the Enterprise E had such a weapon, it would rape the Death Star with but one launcher and thrusters.

This is true. However, such technology was designed to repel high levels of radiation and heat for extended periods of time. This would be invaluable against phasers and torpedoes, which use heat and radiation. It's probably one of the main components as to why the Enterprise E is so god damn tough.

That's a bit of a big if and I don't see the Empire being a large enough threat to require that the UFP start pulling them out. Even if we say that the Empire's forces were doubled from the estimated high end of about 30,000 capital warships (not including small frigates and transport ships of course), we still have about 60,000...perhaps about 90,000 with the other assets.

The Federation has about 30,000 to 60,000 starships easily enough, each with more than enough firepower to outclass standerd Imperial ships, not including orbital defenses and space stations.

Worse still, the UFP has a massive firepower advantage, not to mention technological. I think it would be best if the UFP were to look at examining the slipstream drive that Voyager found, as it would prove to be rather effective. I do believe the former version that Voyager used was compatable, it was just the updated version that was uber fast and unstable.

Using that technology is violates none of the UFP's principals and falls right into their line of thinking. Hell, we even see that they have a sort of Descent-type ship in the 26th century, suggesting they used that ship as a sort of rough draft for their own.

This all in all, would be much better as it would quickly cut down on the advantage that the Empire has against the Federation and it would require a less massive refit for their starships.

1) The Defiant was a special case. It was to only use the cloak in the Gamma Quadrant, but Sisko often violated this agreement multiple times and eventually I guess it became no big deal with the war. When the second Defiant was comissioned, it had no cloaking device.

2) The Enterprise D-X existed in a timeline where the Romulan Empire was destroyed by the Klingons, voiding the restrictions imposed upon the Federation (since the deal was only made in order to avoid war with the Romulan Star Empire).

12. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

It isnt just Seven's looks that I like about her. Its her Borg instincts for efficiency and perfection. It's also her overabundant wealth of knowledge she retained from her time spent in the collective.

If you don't mind, post a frickin pic of these so called super hotties. No match? Dude you're just a fuckin hater, that's all. Everything about Seven is perfect, from her regeneration cycles to her nanoprobes to her uber 1-piece body suit that stretches all the way down to her platform heels.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, not the D-X. The Galaxy-X Class shown in the DS9 battle - the one with the Heavy Phaser Cannon that wtfpwnt a Neg'vhar. She decloaked just before firing

14. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

The chrono-deflector that Admiral Janeway used. Didn't remember the name when I posted it.

Yet as far as we know the Romulan Empire could be in shambles after the Hobus supernova destoyed Romulus and Remus. If we are talking about post-Hobus era, the treaty could be nullified with no empire to enforce it.

15. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

The council has determined that Seven of Nine is indeed one of the hotest sci-fi babes.

What? I don't recall this. What episode was it?

1) Ah.

2) But we don't know that for sure, although it does set up the possibility of the empire falling. However, the UFP isn't going to abandon a treaty because the Romulans are crippled. That's just not their style.

Of course, the Romulans and the Klingons--who are allies of the Federation are more than welcomed and encouraged to use it. Hell, if the UFP develops slipstream, they might be able to use it as leverage to get cloaking technology.

That said, the Romulans and the Klingons would do wonders against Imperial fleet and bases.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

17. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

I see, that makes sense.

I fear you have been mistaken. The source you are using is sort of a mixture of scenes to depict the Dominion War. That footage is actually from Best of Both Worlds, where the Enterprise D destroys that very same ship in the same fashion.

This is actually common for this series to do. There are numerous incidents throughout its episodes where it changes things that alters the intent of the clips. All in all, nice to have if you want a basic review, but very messy on the details.

However, if it is a comfort, I do recall it being mentioned that they had a similar GCS to the 25th century one because they used the same model (but they removed the gun and the extra nacelle--they did have the other stuff on it however, including a few more guns and arrays).

18. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

Either way, it still reinforces the strength of DS9. Since it is a modified mining station, we can imagine the firepower a true UFP starbase would have by comparison.

19. Nerdiest Nerd Registered Member

Greetings. I believe it is likely that the Star Trek universe would prevail in such a hypothetical war situation against Star Wars, Spaceballs, Farscape, Dune, and Stargate. Starfleet simply would have superior weapons and space-craft technology (well, rivaled by the Death Star at least). Starfleet is also led by highly capable personnel, and as a result, can focus it's efforts tactically against foes.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I know the video is a mixture of images from differing series, but there is a Galaxy Refit shown during the DS9 series blowing up the Neg'Vhar. At least, I'm 99% sure about it. I'll have to find the episode later.

21. Char Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNN!!! Registered Senior Member

Lol Sailor Moon, ST FTW!!!!

22. Char Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNN!!! Registered Senior Member

I have to say Trance and Romy are much hotter, my fav is probably Trance

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

agreed, going by looks i would say Romy but that mysterious cloud around trance makes her much more interesting althoug i must say i find the purple version better then the golden adult version

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.