Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Ya, the Imperial forces did exsit during clone wars, they built the Imperial Labs secretly during clone wars. ( sources: the empire novels, they are not EU and they are canon )
    I never said anything about time frames.
    They have Hyperspace lanes that make hyperdrive go MUCH faster.
    They have the forces to destory their network, don't give me the assimulate non-sense, CIS army are droids they acn't be assiulated. The fact that UFP is ALREADY in the future of Star Wars us cheap, but i can let go of that, 31th Centry? that is too cheap!
    Transwarp network huh? do you expect them fill the whole distance between Milkyway to Galatic Republic with the network?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

According to your qoute, George Lucas said it is G-canon, because it is about Anakin Skywalker, and approved completely by Lucasfilm. Empire novels are T-class i admit it, but not Clone Wars.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

EU is gonna be canon in a few years, Lucasfilm is gonna make a SW T.V. show.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

what part of technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own, didn't you understand?

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

they have to break the Droidika shields first. Where would they get the bio parts for the droids. They produce faster then assimulate.

9. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

a. Borg have their own shields
    b. nanoprobes can penetrate all known materials and shielding, except for species 8472.
    c. the nanoprobes will simply reprogram the dorids to be a part of the collection
    d. once that happens they could put them in one of the biological growth chambers we see in voyager to add biological parts if they feel they need them

anyway, they don't have to assimilate the droids, they could just, you know, destroy them...

10. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

What? I can't understand what you're trying to say.

Dude, that has got to be the most retarted thing I have ever heard come from you. WHY would they need to build one?!?

Proof? ST people are good problemsolvers, they think out-side the box.

11. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...

12. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

I see it more as a legend. Where the warriors are exaggerated (because remember, the Jedi before the Clone Wars were just as weak as the Revenge of the Sith ones), mostly because of hero worship. Like catching a seven foot fish, and then claiming it to be a twelve foot fish, the tale grows grander with each retelling.

13. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

And why not?

You aren't being clear, just what the hell are you talking about?

Dude, there are MILLIONS of borg ships, and 70% of the time, they're cubes. A single cube could slaughter hundreds of ISDs.

Yes they can actually, borg nanoprobes can modify both organic and non-organic materials.
    I'm sorry, but can you clear that up? I can't understand you.

No, there would be the wormhole, remember? They can build a new one in the SW galaxy.

14. Saquist Banned Banned

I think frankly the films weren't exagerative enough with the force abilities. The Clones Wars series seem to do it better justice. It was grand and complete. Even though it's not made to order by Lucas...(a good thing to be sure) I have come to appreciate it as the best writing this side of the old trilogy. It has much esteem in my book.

15. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

*Shrug*

That's why I say it's best taken as speculation. We have no idea what happened at that point, so it could have happened...or it couldn't have. Perhaps the sudden outbreak in war gave them a burst of more power, and towards the end, their power was beginning to wane. This would seem to match the evidence when we look at the later series, where the Jedi were even weaker.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

hey i like the "Clone Wars", i just find them in ods with the movies. allthough the prequels are mostly.... well....bad.... the Revenge of the Sith is allmost on par with Epizode IV and V. well i still prefer Tehe Empire Strikes Back, but a part from some bad acting, RoTS actually makes sence, which is in compleate contrast to Phantom Menace, whic is preaaty much childish. Epizode II is somehow rushed and underdeveloped, but a bit better then Epizode I. i think they messed up when they tryed to make Anakin sound like Vader ib E IV-VI and act like the kid in E I. they should have given him more freedom. i belive Hayden Christensen is much better actor then what you can see on film.

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

this and the following pics will demonstrate the "feared" AT-ATs in action.

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

20. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

now i know all these blasts were not at full power, but i would expect General Viers to know how to use his armored units properly. and the way he uses them the exibit the firepower of early WW2 tanks (20-50mm guns). and these shots were made against show!!!!

stay tuned for some asteroid blasting....

22. Cody Registered Member

Aheheh-no. What part about 'Borg cannot adapt to brute force' do you not understand?

23. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.