HATE is a strong word

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 15, 2008.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

It seems to me that people here (including mysef) use the word hate, but no one actually knows each other here,

dont you think HATE is a bit strong for people we dont know,

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

It certainly is from my experience.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I don't hate anyone here....hell...I'm worried right now about one of our most "outspoken" (read hated) members of the board, Norsefire...just cause I haven't heard from him since Ike blew through.

I think it's easier for people to be a douche on a message board, because there is no consequences. You can say things here, that would get you punched in the face in real life.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i dont like Dr Lou and its obvious he doesnt like me, but i dont hate him, i just tend to not listen to people i dont like

8. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Hate is an extremely strong word, and yet it falls short of adequately conveying just how much contempt wells up from the pitt of my soul specifically for you.

Ofcourse you don't hate me, what's to hate?
    I hate you, for countless exceedingly valid reasons, and you're mildly annoyed by this fact, which in your simpleton animal brain manifests as something resembling hate, but then when you think about it you realise it's not really hate, it's merely annoyance and frustration undefined in a simple mind.

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i dont hate you lou, i just find you hopelessly annoying

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're a good person. But there are some crazy cookies in this world.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Exactly.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's a strong word for anyone, even for people we know.
    I think very, very few people actually really hate someone.. if any.
    Perhaps to truly hate you'll have to be pretty deranged and delusional.
    In any case, I think it at least requires believe in evil.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i can say of 2 people i truly hate, and i do know them and i have talked to them and i hate them

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

Thanks SAM so are you, and your right there are some crazy poeple in hte world,

we all can't like each other the possibilty if that happening is ......well.....frankly impossible, but i dont think i "HATE" anyone here

15. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

It's not an overly strong word for some people in here, such as Kadark and Deepthought. I'm not sure I'd save Gustav from a burning building either.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Perhaps my concept of the word "hate" is off..
    According to the dictionary hate equals strong dislike, I don't agree.. :shrug:

17. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I think people tend not to want to notice the strength of their reactions to things. And often they go cold or act superior, rather than facing the hotter versions of their emotions.

I certainly hate some things and I certain hate some people - meaning that a significant part of my reaction is very extreme dislike. Hate also comes up briefly even with people I love.

And if I hit my thumb with a hammer I am likely to hate either myself, the hammer, my thumb, God or the universe or whoever I thought was stressing me or all of the above for at least a few seconds.

18. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I agree with you, sometimes if someone makes me feel small I just want to fucking tear their intestines out. But I don't like that aspect of my nature...she is a mindless creature I am not sure I want as part of my identity.

19. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I've always thought of hate as being the desire to want someone else to end. I don't want any one individually to end. I'd be happy to see a large prcentage of humanity to cease to exist, that's why I have been know to say that I hate humanity.

20. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Think of her as a part of you that got you through some tough times - inside your own self, if nothing else. Also the amount of real hatred that can be expressed by condescension can be much more than that screaming banshee part of yourself.

The Nazis were generally cold in the extreme toward their victims.

Keep that creature warm and make her welcome.

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

True. That creature saved me from being mentally destroyed by a lot of things.

22. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

No.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I kind of agree. But I don't agree that simply wishing someone out of existence must be hate.
    I think wishing someone to hell is a pretty good description of hatred. Of course most people that wish someone to hell don't mean it literally..