Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

The problem is that the civilizations you are fighting aren't even part of your universe!!! In any event, even if the bene gesserits were infused with the force they would be potentially the most deadly users of it your galaxy has ever known.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually no, as they would already be force users. Just drug dependant drug users with Generations of inbreeding. Remeber any feat Paul or Leto II has done Luke Skywalker has done more impressive versions.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Midichlorian-Force link. Remember that in SW it is very specific that ALL life has Midichlorians, even theYuuzhan Vong had them though were disconnected from the Force for a large part of their history. Also Elliot in ET had midichlorians as ET's race is from the SW glalaxy......

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

Did Luke live to be over 3500 years old, did he have the ability to run so fast he was but a blur to others, did luke have the ability to see thousands of years into the future and shape the present to preserve humanity in the Dune universe? No, Luke was and will remain a pathetic little kid from tantoinne who whines a lot but just so happens to have been trained by cool jedi masters. Paul did not whine and they put his hand into a pain inducing box with the threat of a gom jabbar at his throat. Paul did not whine when he fled into the desert to flee the harkonnen/corrino treachery. He did not whine when he drank pure spice essence.... something that would kill luke if he tried it.

ALL LIFE IN GEORGE LUCAS' UNIVERSE HAS THE FORCE AND MIDICHLORIANS NOT ANY OTHER UNIVERSE. THE FORCE IS FORFEIT IN OTHER UNIVERSES!!!!!!!!

8. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Dude! SW canon does NOT, I say NOT overide ST canon!!!

Just because you can't accept the idea that you couldn't use you're "allmighty" force powers doesn't mean you can make up shit!

We've been over this before. Get used to it.

This f*cking shit about elliot having medichlorians is total bullshit! How hard is it to get through that thick skull of yours that you can't overide ST (or any other canon)?!?

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually Luke is immortal as a Force ghost. He indeed can see far intot he future. has moved so quickly nobody has seen him do it. Killed with a gesture. Broken minds with a thought, Enlarge a singularity to engulf a huge (by even Star Wars standards) ship. Walked on a lava lake and so on.

If Dune comes from Earth you are indeed screwed. Also since all of Dune is human and well all humans across the different universes are the same.......

10. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

You say, but we've gone over the info many, many times. ST sheilds are superior in almost every way. Sorry Tee-dubya.

And there is nowhere that says SW shields CAN block ST transporters.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Where in ST canon has it said that people don't have midichlorians? Of course since the force works on objects that do not have midichlorians the lack of any outside of SW means absolutely nothing.

However since ST is from Earth and ET is from SW Galaxy and the Federations homeworld is Earth then i guess your just hownling becuase you can sense the reaming that is coming.

12. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Dude you are fucking stupid, the only reason you're resorting to this bullshit is because YOU sense the end is near!

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You have provided no evidence to support your claims. in fact all evidence avaialble form canon points to ST shiedls being inferior in every way and method of measurement. We can go over it again if you wish. First you should present your argument. If I were you I would use only canon ST information. You can DL many scripts.

Since any sufficent energy field seems to be enough to block transporters the burden is on you.

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

I'm not resorting to anything actually. SW has won on every level so far and in some places by such a margin that ST has not even been a nuissance. I am just trying to point out that i am merely stating that you can make no claims that the Force cannot enter the battle without some measure of proof. You have no proof that the Force does not exist in the ST or Dune universe, especially when similiar powers exist in both.

15. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Firepower ratings:

If federation ships can stand up to that kind of punishment (via shields), it's obvious that fed shields are stronger than SW ones.

16. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

You simply just don't get it TW, I pity you.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, you can't. If you were to try such a thing, you would destroy the very FABRIC of the universe and thus cause a chain reaction liable to destroy not just your target, but EVERYTHING.

Before that would happen, though, the gravitational collapse would simply form a black hole.

Voyager - they've been in black holes at least twice.
    TNG - I think they flew into one once

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm... how can they have spies in the Federation... if they don't know WHERE the Federation is?

2) Aighty, but still the black hole problem

3) Voyager- they've flown into black holes at LEAST twice!

4) Uh, so? Voyager flew into, and then back OUT OF the EVENT HORIZON of a black hole!

5) Prove it... we've already proven otherwise via MULTIPLE math proofs...

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have YET to lie. I have given out facts to the best of my knowledge that you seem unable to either accept or comprehend. Watch Voyager... watch TOS... for gods sake, the ORIGINAL Enterprise could VAPORIZE THE ATMOSPHERE OF AN ENTIRE CLASS M PLANET in one shot of it's phaser banks! Considering a Sovereign class is something akin to 400 times as powerful as an old Constitution class... yeah.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uh, no.

Ion cannons would not disable a Federation ship... sorry.

Reason? They don't USE copper wires to conduct electricity...

Do you know why an Ion Cannon works? It's like an EMP - Electro Magnetic Pulse. When it hits, it, literally, overloads the circuitry of the ship. However, in Star Trek, they use plasma conduits and bio-neural gel packs to control the ship... no piss poor EMP could bother that.

Not to mention that it's already been stated, back in TOS no less, than an EMP is USELESS against a ship with it's shields up thanks to the EM band of the shielding...

Try again

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Nice...

Trek ships can, as of Nemesis, fire THRU their cloaking field... which infers target, lock, and still have the power to spare to keep shields and weapons online.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No it won't...

No Midochlorians in the Trek universe... thus all the people in Star Trek would be 100% invisible to force probes...

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Too bad Trek transporters can beam thru gaps less than 12 inches across... and your SHIELDS have gaps large enough to let goddamn freighters thru.

GG QQSoft you FAIL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.