Leaving

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by cosmictraveler, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

I hear you loud and clear. I've felt that my time in front of the computer is wasting my life. Is health/age a factor in your decision?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Not at all, to me that is. I am a seasoned citizen and do have medical issues but things need to be done and I'm tired of no one else stepping up and doing something about what is needed.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

What is needed?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

A little of this and that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

As with spices used in cooking, sometimes 'a little of this and a little of that' can make a profound difference.

I'm rather of the opinion that you probably make a difference in all that you apply yourself to, cosmic.

9. Acitnoids Registered Senior Member

You've always been so kind. Your absence will be noriced. I've been a part time poster for the past 2.5 years (I refuse to get a home internet connection) and I'll tell you from experience; it's a good thing to unplug yourself every once and awhile. Now go out and experience all that this glorious world has to offer but, don't be a stranger.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm only sorry that I had so little time here on this planet to help out. Perhaps there will be more that follow me after I depart to keep the help ongoing so that everyone can be helped as much as possible without hurting the environment.

"An electromagnetic pulse (sometimes abbreviated EMP) is a burst of electromagnetic radiation. The abrupt pulse of electromagnetic radiation usually results from certain types of high energy explosions, especially a nuclear explosion, or from a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field. The resulting rapidly changing electric fields and magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Uc-BjkmU3gkv9_7KA&sig2=XJ_3YG7zUhV1ahiJwwGDlg

By putting a devise at the Lagrange point away from Earth you could deploy this type of technology to help reflect the solar flares that can cause dames to the Earth.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pBgjckFtCGiudPRrg&sig2=ytltG6Zk0lLq4xRYJdCPqg

If a large enough device or multiple devises were used there would be a shield to deflect those harmful solar flares that can harm the Earth.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4J7BXZQ1uTCf5t5nw&sig2=1oaz49w3n_gFgIUb1p2z6A

Anyway it is just an idea that can be thought about and considered to help those humans that are here on this planet in the future without exposing them to those harmful effects of that solar flare.

And one more thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojydNb3Lrrs

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  11. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I turn off the internet from time to time as well.

I miss it for about two days...humans are very adaptable, you see.

You are so lucky to have this freedom to travel.

But you'll be back...of course!

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Aww, man!
    Well, keep us posted, 'k?
    ((((big hug))))

13. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Have you considered a prepaid MIFI? I've been using one for 3 months now. It ends up costing me $60 per month between unlimited internet and my cell phone.

14. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

i've got a feeling you'll be changing your sotwuh in the near future..

hmm...cosmic "stepping up"... that'd be interesting to see...

15. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Cosmictraveler. It sounds like you have a bucket list. An the way you are talking I hope you are not getting close to kicking that bucket. Love long An prosper.

16. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

I guess he's back