Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually both the Vong and the V'oxxyn(sp?) did indeed have Midichlorians. The Vong were largely severed from the force when their homeworld (which theyr were symbionts with) was destroyed. They still did have a residual connection with the force and mnay jedi learned how to adjust their senses.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Wow... i think I'm choking under the staggering amounts of bullshit..

Scott, since WHEN is it up to YOU to decide that Scotty was right or wrong? Or what kind of torpedos were being used? I never realized you were a writer for the Star Trek script!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hey it doesn't matter if looks primitive if it can perform.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Welp, then Scott, you're own Star Wars books (young jedi knights and shadow academy) are wrong.

You're OWN CANNON is wrong according to you. You are NOT a source of higher cannon. So FUCK YOU.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You are very right... so apparently the empire cannot perform and the ewoks can.

GG. QQSoft.

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Keep reading asshole later books reveal the whole story. After your done I expect your apology

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You can expect it as much as you want. You are not deserving of one as, heh, I'm not wrong.

What they FELT was not the vong or the Voxxyn themselves but the actual void in the force where they were.

Yeah, fess up bitch.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, and by the way- i have the book right here in front of me. I do have to say Mara and Luke have more than their fair share of trouble don't they.

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Are you stupid? We NEVER saw and an Acclamator fire, so you are lying. We saw Venerators firing in ROTS, but even then they seemed no less powerful than ISD, which means they need AT LEAST 340 megaton weaponry as shown by calculation time and time again.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'll fix that for you scott and translate it from your delusional statements to what everyone else can understand.

Scott: I got proven wrong. WAAAH!

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Can't we lay it to rest? Even Wars supporters agree- scott is, at best, a very impolite sonuvabitch that can't back his facts!

15. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Just wait till you see what becomes of Jacen in the latest trilogy.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Nah, I've grown weary of the books to be honest. They make up so much extra crap that it isn't even star wars any more.

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Wrong, killiong the queen kills the drones in the immediate area through backlash before new Queen is chosen.

False, Troi is not a Telepath merely and Empathy

The force works where ever my friend. I wonder how you managed to get this idea.

So, does death stop a Jedi or Sith

true, but Coruscant as 12 Trillion sentients on it alone

Incorrect as witnessed countless times on screen

18. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Luke went one on one with two powerful Sith Lords and wasn't corrupted by the dark side. Furthermore, its a fact stated by Ben in Episode 4 where he says that the force can affect the weak minded. He said nothing about average or even strong minded people, just basic low intellect people. Try agian.

Actually, it was the dark side blinding them if I remember correctly. Furthermore, there is no indication that a Sith Lord can hide his emotions, double so when they use it as their main source of power.

Yeah, lets ignore the fact that the captain has suddenly changed his orders, is acting strange, isn't responding to anything they say, and an unknown enemy ship is approaching. Yeah, nothing could possibly be up.

Not without giving his securtiy voice code, something that Vader doesn't know. Also, its pretty funny that Vader never actually did this in the Hoth invasion.

Ah, so you acknowledge that they just made it up and thus had no intention to compare it to that of what is used today? Of course, you also ignore the obvious fact that a word can have two seperate meanings, or that they can change. Given the evidence I have shown, it would seem to lean in my favor. Oh, and before we go onwards, mind giving me the official definition for that isoton? Because I checked it up on Dictionary.com and they don't seem to have anything like that, save for links to Star Trek websites. They have Isotone, but no Isoton

Isotone by the way is:

So lets go there before anything else okay? Good.

No, they where not firing plasma torps, or Tri-Cobalt devices.

No they couldn't. Even the Galaxy class carried no more than 250 torps at a time, max. Even assuming that many, the Enterprise wouldn't be able to do it wit 20 tons of TNT. And to add upon that, Bone's quote would suggest that the ship would have to do it in one sitting, basicly, they could not leave to get more ammo, or use more than the ships would be carrying. Given that phasers eventually run dry and they don't have an infinite number of torps, this would seem to counter your bull shit excuse.

Excpet it also took out a one mile astroid, and anything else within those 800 kilometeres, the ship the crew was using just got a smidge of it and lost their warp matrix thanks to it.

You mean ignoring the fact that there was a creature there generating a shield over it? Furthermore, if we assume that a warpcore would act like that, why do we not see massive explosions when UFP ships with much larger warpcores explode whe hit with a photon? We have seen three explosions of a Galaxy with a Warp Core breach at least. Each time the explosion is much larger than when the ship was destroyed by any other cause. Or any other UFP ship for that matter. So no, there is no indication that the shuttle's warpcore had anything to do with the large explosion that we saw.

Proof that this was done by many explosives or by a very unusual torp?

Given how vaporize is their slang term for their NDF effects of lasers, that isn't really true. And furthermore, Mr. Scott was not drunk, and no one dared to question that idea.

Or in more likelyhood, they put in a saftey feature so that the next time someone steals a phaser and sets it to overload, it doesn't take out an entire deck?

Given that he was talking to UFP officers, I doubt it.

Oh, that much is granted, but they also rigged it up at the last minute to save their skins. So, they do have that level of firepower, which is now confirmed, thank you.

That's funny, you apparently don't understand anything about Plasma Torps. A Plasma Torp is red, globby, and slow. But assuming this was changed in the last century, there is the little fact that Plasma torps cover the target and force an implosion. What we saw in The Die is Cast where explosions. Furthermore, there is no such thing as Ionic torps (just searched two Trek sites, got nothing, and I never heard of them). And there is no evidence that a Tri-Cobalt device was used, double so when Tri-Cobalts are made up of three seperate pieces and are white. What we saw where single yellow and green balls of light.

No it doesn't, and we aren't using the max here buddy, you have to use the averare, and the average small town isn't that big.

Except you know that isn't what they where refering to, is not used as such and is applied to weapons that blow the shit out of planets. So tell me again how that exactly works? And how is it that 10^0 tons could allow for even a weak ass photonic torp just invented in Enterprise to put a three kilometer crater into an astroid? And that is when it was just created.

19. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Let me guess, you gave him a potion to make him a demi-god?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And by potion I mean you filled it with your fanboy wank.

20. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

...Do you listen? I am saying that the highest level of cannon sources say that you are WRONG. Lets take a look of the limitations of Imperial firepower.

1) The Death Star had a firepower of over half the Imperial fleet.

2) The Eclipse Destroyer, with a cannon that had 1/3rd the firepower of the Death Star, was only able to crack the crust of a planet, thus indicating that the Superlaser must have some sort of chain reaction effect.

3) In Revenge of the Sith book, its said that a Turbolaser can vaporize a small town. Small towns on average, are fairly small.

4) Han states in Episode 4 that not even the entire Starfleet could have destroyed Alderaan.

Given that the Death Star at even 2/3rds of its power wouldn't be able to destroy the planet (though it would fuck it up), and the evidence given by these two other facts, the Empire is in fact, very low on the notch of firepower needed to take on UFP ships.

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

pfff. I'm not so into all this canon, non-cannon stuff.
    I must admit i was earger to believe ppl when then stated what was canon and what not. I've been a little bit to naief i guess.

In my opinion the creator disides whether something is canon. Not the writers, director's or producers.
    In SW it's easy; when Lucas says it's canon it is.
    Butt for ST i find it dificult. I'm not sure who created ST. Was it this Gene fellow?
    But then again you have Voyager, DS9, among others. Who created these and is this still canon.

So @scott I'm going to assume that nowhere in the movies it is stated how powerfull Htl are

@ Kittamaru I'm sorry butt there are things that rases eyebrows. I find that there are a lot of contradictions in ST.

Before i believe ppl again if will try to locate a source that isn't created bij one of the pro and contra's. Hope to find it soon.

22. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

And just to be frank about this, the Queen isn't likely to be on said ship in the first place, and likely back in her territory surronded by thousands of Borg cubes. Given that one would smack entire fleets of ISDs around, she hardly needs to worry about Vader. And the drones don't just crash either, otherwise they would all go bat shit crazy walking around doing weird shit. A blow, but not a fatal one.

Wow, way to nitpick, he meant the same thing and its easy to confuse the two as Troi's mother is a telepath.

Just like the Vong? The Borg and their ship are not part of the Force, thus Vader is boned.

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Maybe a potion where obelix fell into when he was a child

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.