Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

1) oh really? And what, all mighty atheist guru, IS "human ways" ? mmm?
    2) I'm not waffling. just because you can't completely explain it in words does NOT mean I'm waffling!! you're being rediculous now
    3)a. Belief DOES mean you are unsure. Go read the Living Webster Ecyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language. Or else I have to call your bullshit.
    3)b. No. I meant 'completely understand'. But since you mentioned it, how can YOU be arrogant thinking that you understand everything as long as there is prove. Don't ytou realize how that reeks of hubris?! :bugeye:
    4) They are not nonsensical. They only seem nonsensical because we are only using words at the moment.
    6) Just because it's beyond human logic doesn't mean you cannot demonstrate the ideas. And I don't mean just with words.
    7) Of course I can back it up. Lets meet in person and will discuss it at greater speed!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But oops oh wait, you're not willing to spend thousands of dollars(?) to try
    8)I'm not being a crack pot. Time is a human construct. Period. End of story.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

dude what r you talking about who said no no no and if you only know a portion of what your saying then don't say it!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

you will fiend me very open minded,but i won't go on something simply because you say it!PROVE IT!
    if we were to just give up the time concept,all of our society would collapse!We do have accurate measurement,just research before you think!
    i am willing, but not by this method!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

Now you are not making any sense. Read what I wrote, and HOW I wrote it, instead of putting words in my mouth.
    But really, what IS proof? can you prove that you exist?! no. So why are we even perpetuating this discussion? :bugeye:
    Lets get back to ST/SW........

8. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

we exist because we are here talking aren't we and we think which proves that we exist!!

9. George1 Registered Senior Member

well mister smartass,prove YOU exist!
    i exist,and am here!!
    you don't have nothing to back up you'll claims!

10. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

why do you need proof to understand something??

If we were to give up the idea of "time", we'd be better off!!! We'd rely on simple things. Sun up, sun down. Perfect! Why is that so hard to understand?

By saying "not by this method" you are NOT willing. The key is this: accept, process, and file away. Without bias, without critisism, without judging it.

11. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

the simple fact that you are here is not proof. It's only a reference.

I don't have anything?!....whatever. Science has nothing to back up it's claims either. They only have reference points. And refernce points alone is not proof. So there.

12. George1 Registered Senior Member

well SCIENCE AND PROF!
    again,we are not impress by you'll shit!

13. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

dude we have time so that life is easier and hey explain stonehedge created by an unknown human group that tells time. imagane how were they able to build it so that at a certain time a clock is formed huh? it was built thousands of years ago they had stone tools back then man

14. George1 Registered Senior Member

because i believe in the scientific method,that has proven it's effectiveness! humans now relay on science,we need it!
    oh yeah? you try to drive a car or wake up for school without the notion of time!
    YES i am willing, but you'll method of simply believing will bring no good to humanity! look at religion,it exactly like you'll method!what good had it brought?

15. George1 Registered Senior Member

now you just proved you'll ignorance!

16. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

make another thread about this and send me the link

17. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

you need it?! why? why is science so important that you need it so much like humans need food??

My method is not simply believing. As long as we limit ourselves humanity will not improve. It's stupid to think that science is the only thing that can improve humanity. Do you understand how crazy and illogical that sounds?! :bugeye: What I'm talking about has nothing to do with religion.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I see you like to make assumptions.

So you deny you're human?

Nope, I'm being rational. Explain with mathematics then.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belief
    Ah, bullshit indeed...
    Next point?

That was reply to what?

nope, they're nonsensical because they don't make sense. How else are you going to express the concept? Pictures? Mathematics? Music?

Wrong again: if it's beyond human logic then by definition it can't be understood by a human - of which you are one, therefore YOU can't understand it either.

But you still fail to do so, and still make excuses.

Assumptions again: what's a dollar? And if we did meet in person how would you show me? Pictures? Words?

But you have nothing but your (incorrect) belief that that is the case.
    The essence of crackpottery...

19. George1 Registered Senior Member

because i am hungry for knowledge,and science IS the only way i can relay for
    accurate knowledge! i agree that science may not be the only way,but so far
    it is the only way we have to discover the other ways!
    for the next few centuries ,it will be our only way!
    if there is another way,it is to advance for us right now!

20. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

1) yes I deny that I am human. Why is that so crazy??? This body is nothing more than a mechanical means to function on this plane of existence
    2) The very fact that you avoid a challenge shows your weakness
    3) Waht bullshit?? You just pasted what I already told you! you need bifocals dude
    4) You say they don't make sense because you can't see past your own nose. I would show you using the space around you, among other things. Do you have a few years?

5) if it's beyond what humans consider logic than I'm correct. Just because it seem illogical to YOU does not make it untrue.
    6) No i don't just because I'm only using words at the moment doesn't mean I will fail in person.
    7)what?!?!?!?!!? You have the audacity to say I am not making sense and that I'm a crackpot and you don't even know what a dollar is?!?!?

Crawl back into your hole from wence you came. God damn, stupidty is rampant......

21. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

can we all please make a new thread. Because all of you have blown what I said waaaaay out of porpotion; and continue with the actual topic of the thread.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  22. George1 Registered Senior Member

stop this right now, you aren't proving anything!
    you'll body is all that you will ever have!
    if it seams logical to YOU it dose not make it true!
    it dose not make him weak,it makes him wise for not failing to you'll
    impossible claims! it also makes him more mature for not just giving away
    for you!

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then you're more deluded than I thought.

What challenge? To meet you? Stupid challenge, if you can't explain yourself in a post when you have all the time in the world (and the whole internet to link to) how are you going to do it any better in person?.

Correction, try to not ignore the following phrases (which were highlighted)
    Conviction is NOT "unsure".
    In other words your statement that "belief means you are unsure" is incorrect.
    Are you blind or merely dishonest?

So you still can't offer any actual logic?

Wrong again: your statement was "beyond human logic", not that it was illogical to me.

So how would you do it?

It was a snide comment on your incorrect assumption that it would cost me dollars... I don't use dollars, I never have used them. They wouldn't be accepted in the shops. In other words YOU failed again.

And you're the chief perpetrator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.