arabic classes in denmark

Discussion in 'World Events' started by orcot, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then its the Danes choice too, isn't it? To go extremist or assimilate

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

That's what she wants. Sam always seems to fight integration in these threads.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is it any surprise that they were discriminated against for it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

These immigrants are not given instant citizenship anymore, there are now strict rules in terms of what one must show in order to become citizens which is an honor not a right.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Reminds me of quadraphonics post the other day:

9. mike47 Banned Banned

An honour to be a Danish ?.....Huh....!.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It would indeed be an honour to be Danish.

I dislike Sam's casual supremacist tone here. She seems to be implying her whither-be Darwinist approach to society while riding high her hobby-horse. "Let the Danes fight or die". And if they fight, what then? Sam will damn, presumably.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I think it's fine, 10% of the population speaks Arabic and so it should be in the school. I think they should also work very hard at teaching ALL Danish a few other things about different cultures and THIS would be the perfect time to start teaching those classes. This is about integration, inclusion, and so children should begin to learn about other ideas...

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: 45 off-topic posts have been deleted.

Please try to stay on topic.

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I would have thought teaching the native language of the country would be a greater priority. I'm not opposed to it. But I don't see how it can benefit integration. If the Danish take it, it will, but if the Arabic population in Denmark uses it to their advantage, is it not then only increasing ethnic barriers ?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yup, I agree!

I'm glad we had the opportunity to learn French in school. The western narrative is dominated by English and although we have no French speakers in the country, learning a different language exposes you to other parts of the historical narrative simply by making you aware of them. It also helps you in unrelated ways [e.g. I found it easier to learn Arabic because the grammatical structure is similar to French]
    Exactly

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

They should have the classes in every country.
    Exercise that gets your heart pumping is really good for you.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

There really has to be a revamp of the whole school system. Plopping in a class in Arabic isn't enough. All Danish children need to feel they included in Danish society. There are a lot of things I think should be taught - children should be pretty much primed to think their religion is a choice, but, that it isn't any better than another other religion.

For example, Arab Muslims that have converted to Buddhism or Judaism or Xian or Atheism or Scientology should also be included in the course curriculum. As well as people who have converted to Islam. Each person should impress upon the children why they did or did not make their choice. This of course is going to be some very liberal people, but, I think they would be one good experience for young kids. They should be seen as equal. That's just the way it must go.

really?!?!?
    :jawdrop:

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats generally how it is. Arabic speaking Christians and Druze for example, are not Muslims

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I see. That way, we give them the perspectives to make informed choices in life. Perhaps we could even have atheists.

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

I do believe the west is doing serious efforts to integrate Islam and I'm sure the west in the best place to integrate a other culture, however those who do not speak the danish language will have something of a permanent foreigner status and will have serios dificulties finding a job, I'm not sure if I own a factory that I wan't a employer who can not explain to me directly that someone is in trouble because of a accident, I also would be painend if he misunderstood a detailed explenation of the job he should do nor would I sign a contract writen in a unknown languege or let someone sign a contract that they can't read.

This means I would not even accept someone as a housemaid if she didn't speak the job.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you think having one Arabic language class will make all the other classes in Danish redundant?

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The Danes don't have an issue, Muslims have the issue.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Why should Danes have to assimilate. Muslim don't have to live there if they don't like it.

Really? So, when will the Islamic states begin to teach and learn other languages and assimilate with their foreigners?

Never? Most likely.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Educated Arabs already read write and communicate in many foreign languages.

e.g.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.