Reason to like americans?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by weed_eater_guy, May 22, 2008.

1. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

If by "we" you mean you and I than your statement is both paradoxical and somewhat flabberghasting. We are you and I. Nothing other. Nothing apart.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I think you are ignoring the fact that the US murdered civilians....

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Ethical standards common to the Barbarism of the Dark Ages.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Look into the Chinese stats. They're much lower than Brit or American. As well, they are (admittedly so by the Chinese press) not a fair sampling. Remember the vast majority of the population is poor and access to many of these areas is difficult at best.
    I can and I do. They were not hot. Elizabeth Hurley, though...

8. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

You are correct about the stats, and my fears over the main cause is the same as Cummings.....

9. tim840 Registered Senior Member

10. tim840 Registered Senior Member

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Why do wealthy Chinese parents let their kids eat anything they want? Because, in general, they let their kids do anything they want. I don't think it's any big secret that many Chinese parents let their kids suffer the 'little emperor' treatment. I've worked at an English school that mainly caters to wealthy students and the parents honestly don't care about anything except marks at school. Otherwise their kid can do whatever they want. That's the chief problem with trying to discipline these children. Threaten to call their mother and they don't care, the mother won't even be angry at them. I've had male students beat the crap out of female students and their parents just laugh and say the equivalent of "oh, you!" when informed.

The problem is not 'Americanization' or any other shallow explanation. Many factors are contributing in ways directly related to wealth. Believe me; the 9 year old scarfing down two big macs is not doing it because he idolizes America. And when big macs are out of his reach he's eating the greasiest, most fattening chinese food available. It's just a general trend here.

Of course the Chinese are eager to blame it on imported American tastes. According to conventional Chinese wisdom Chinese food (mostly served in bowls of grease with fried vegetables - thus losing most of the health benefits of vegetables - and loads of MSG) is by far the most healthy; American and Japanese (simply because the conventional Chinese outlook is that Japanese are generally stupid and bad) are the most unhealthy. To many people here, the issue is simply that black and white.

12. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

With your attitude, you would be miserable wherever you lived. You don't deserve your seat on the bus, so kindly give it up so someone more deserving can take it and thrive on the opportunity.

A few of us "Americans" on this forum are living a life everyday that some of you can only imagine. You are a constant source of humor and entertainment for us, so please continue to wallow in your own crapulence.

As Mr. G pointed out in his unique way, we have too much joy and abundance of opportunity to care or be concerned what others think of our ways. That's the difference.

13. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Then you know that there was talk of conditional surrender for 6 months prior to the bombs.....?

14. John99 Banned Banned

Pinocchio's Hoof,

Japan has moved on and become the great country and friend to U.S that is is today, there is no reason for you to pretend to care. I still say this has something to do with Nazi Germany that you are keeping secret.

15. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I don't think obesity is a wealthy problem more of a poverty problem (in the UK at least)fast food is cheap with no nutrition...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/05/health/main591325.shtml

http://www.naturalnews.com/003576.html

http://www.sirc.org/articles/poverty_and_obesity.shtml

And as a professional chef who worked for the Japanese in paris I find Japanese cuisine some of the most healthiest on the planet....?
    I also have some considerable knowledge on Imperial cuisine.
    The main problem of eating healthy in the UK is simply cost....healthy food cost's on average 25-50% more than unhealthy foods.......?

16. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

LOl...Look up John Rabe 'the Good Nazi' who helped the chinese in nanking....

Another Mr John...
    I don't see Japan sending troops to Iraq though...

17. John99 Banned Banned

Reason to like America?

Best movies for the past century or so. Thousands of them.

18. John99 Banned Banned

See?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That is my sixth sense.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They did, under pressure from the same Americans who dismantled their military and made them sign an agreement against ANY offensive war. Since Japan has no "military" anymore they sent their civilian SDF (Self Defense Forces) to Iraq. http://www.wsws.org/articles/2003/dec2003/japa-d16.shtml

Which totally sums up American (il)logic

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  20. John99 Banned Banned

Reason to like America?

Perhaps a representation of all countries of the world but on a smaller scale.

21. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Gutted didn't know that

Do you think it was for the same reason as the UK 'they had to' the UK has been occupied by the US since 1945, even though the country was against Iraq war the government operated against the will/best interests of the people.....

I don't know who said it but......

"A government who fears the people is a democracy......
    when the people fear the government it is a tyranny..."

22. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

unless your black,asian or muslim...........

it could have been so good

23. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I see we are on to the hating part.

I hate americans whom wear Canadian flags(backpack/cap whatever) to get better treatment abroad, then continue to act like arrogant asses.