Terrestial Compostion of Ganymede

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by DwayneD.L.Rabon, Nov 2, 2007.

1. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: and how did you decide the 'cubic' size of Syria?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

what the heck is the cubic size of Syria or any other country?

hint: CUBIC measurement is used to measure VOLUME....not area. countries are measured in SQUARE miles.

You are either having juvenile fun or are a seriously disturbed individual.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Read-Only. I am embarrassed for you at your inability to understand that the cubic area of a country can be measured by what is above sea level, as effectively what is above a smooth spherical globe of the Earth. Of course every country has the ability to dig down below that level as far as they wish, but as that is uniform worldwide, it is pointless measuring it.

Hey Oreodont!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That is pure nonsense! Such a number would have no useful purpose whatsoever. :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Dwayne. Some interesting information. Lutetium is usually found with ytterbium. It does has some uses on Earth but the main problem is it's rarity so it's costly (Over $100 a gram). A tough metal with a high melting point, it could have some new future uses if there are quantities of it available. Potassium is very reactive with water so any astronauts landing there would have to be very careful not to accidentally carry any on their space suits into their craft.

Do you always have problems with trolls like Read-Only when you are trying to educate them?

8. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Read-Only. Stop whining. You were proved wrong. Next you'll be saying it's a waste of time knowing the area of any country.

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Whining?!?!?!?!?! Hardly - you and Rabon were both spewing nonsense about cubic measurements of countries, a totally meaningless and useless number. And of course areas have a use - no one in their right mind would deny that.

Just exactly WHAT is your problem??? It seems that you have some issues that you need to bring to the attention of a medical professional.

10. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Read-Only. What use is any knowledge? Dwayne found a use for this knowledge and you started showing your ignorance in an effort to show him wrong. I just helped you show your ignorance.

I had hoped that you might be able to provide meaningful debate but you just seem to be a nasty character who pretends intelligence so he can insult everyone else here.

11. orcot Valued Senior Member

DwayneD.L.Rabon
    You have peaked my interest can you find me a (any) body in the solar system who's at least 50% gold with the cubic size of belgium (or of russia if that's easier)

12. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well Orcot, I did a breif search for a totally gold solar bodie as you requested, I thought it would also make a good target for some to look at to define so accruracy measurements, something that would give a good signiture. A very good suggestion thank you. So in the search i found a lot of gold, none of them so far are 50% gold, I have been to Uranus,Neptune and Jupiter just doing spot checks for gold, it seems that if a soild gold lunar bodie (or a lunar bodie that surface crust is made of gold) is to exist it will have to be in the orbit of Saturn, i have not checked Saturn as of yet, and to mention I have only did a random check. ( this is not done by computer so it takes time)

In addition i have to make a correction appearantly i have mixed up several lines in the list for ganymede and so the list for ganymede got posted different to two times, the below is the orginal list for ganymede and the correct one. several things posted change as a result, such as the amount of gold and other element abundances posted.

Kaneda , The rarest element on ganymede become Ytterbium. As for Lutetium it Comprises 5,796,456.3 cubic miles of ganymedes compostion, a considerable increase being about the surface area of Antartica. Lutetium has a normal layer placementabout 3.64 miles below the surface. Ganymede has a surface area of 28,067,407.65 square miles and so it seems that Lutetium will be present on the surface,however
    it is a rather heavy element and so may be parceled to the interior.

As well Phosphours becomes the most abundant element on ganymede in the correction, the white streaks on ganymedes surface are likly Potassium as potassium comprises 11.4% of ganymede for 1,604,468,601 cubic miles. and has a normaized layer 186 miles below the surface.

From the center of ganymede to the near surface, the following list is the compostion of ganymede exstending the radius. Florine is the center where Zinc is near the surface.

576.88 miles Florine
    140.98 miles Neon
    93.420 miles Sodium
    181.02 miles Magnesium
    7.6100 miles Aluminium
    20.000 miles Silicon
    198.93 miles Phosphourus
    14.630 miles Sulfur
    27.000 miles Clorine
    47.800 miles Argon
    71.200 miles Potassium
    32.500 miles Calcium
    1.0000 miles Scandinium
    5.0000 miles Titanium
    6.5000 miles Vanadium
    10.500 miles Chromium
    2.2500 miles Manegnese
    0.4000 miles Ferrum (iron
    0.3000 miles Cobalt
    10.480 miles Nickel
    3.4000 miles Copper
    15.900 miles Zinc

All other atomic elements exist in the remaining 26.7 miles of the surface of Ganymede.
    It would appear that ganymede is a rather heavy moon, as well that ganymede is soild from its surface untill a depth of 234.37 miles where the soild nature of ganymede is interrupted by a layer 27 miles thick of Argon, most likly any terrestial motion is due to the disturbance of the Argon layer.

Ganymede has a radius of 1,494.886364 miles, a total of 764.86 miles of that radius is composed of gases, with the remaining half 730.02 miles being composed of solids (as known on earth). This distribution seem to present ganymede as not only a heavy moon but also a subject of interest in balanced motion.

For some reason i was unable to go back and re-edit the first page, I guess i will have to give my eyes a little rest and save myself some typing and retyping.
    DwayneD.L.Rabon

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  13. orcot Valued Senior Member

No gold?

14. Grandtheftcow Registered Member

Dwayne's a pseudoscience artist LOL.

Most celestial bodies have iron ya know.

15. orcot Valued Senior Member

actually moons contain verry little iron and are generally more composed out of silicates and ice with the exeption of our own moon and io

16. Grandtheftcow Registered Member

Ah silly me he did include iron I just missed it.

Well the obvious question is how is he arriving at such figures. What math is he using? What are his sources? How is he determining the composition of the moon?

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

So, say the Netherlands, where land has been reclaimed from the sea, and that reclaimed land is below sea level, but protected from the sea by polders, ... do you subtract volume there, because this land is _below_ sea level?

What about salt flats, .. some of those are below sea level, do you subtract that volume from the nation they are in too?

Are you full of BS?

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Ahh-ha-ha-ha!! Go get him, phlo - his "perception" is about the goofiest thing I've ever read!

(Well, next to the stupid concept of trying to measure a country in cubic units in the first place!) LOL!!!!

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

The truth is that he's not using ANY math and has No sources at all. He's just making it up as he goes along.

In fact, his nutty stuff isn't any more informative than saying the Moon is made of green cheese.

20. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Even the forum's stoner can see it's impossible to estimate the composition of a celestial body to that degree of accuracy. I'm just wondering where you got your initial data that you based your calculation on. (maybe your ass?) Do we have some new, star trek-like scanning technology that I'm not aware of?

21. orcot Valued Senior Member

god might have made the world but the dutch made holland
    To bad for those pesky dutch people who live there, otherwise the entire country should have to be clasified as a world wonder

22. Grandtheftcow Registered Member

Thats very likely but I'd rather press him for some sort of answer regarding his calculations.

After all its better to have someone admit their own errors rather than have everyone else admit them for him.

23. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Heh - it's a LOT more than just "very likely."

And he'll never admit it. When you have some time to kill, go back at look at some of his older posts. You will be both amused and dismayed.