Will Bush bomb Iran?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yes, a parasite. They leech onto the US support, because it is their lifeline.

The AK was MADE by Russia, but Russia isn't throwing AK's to us and saying "hey, here you go buddy".

Because we fight. We fight hard. We aren't afraid to die, nor to lose, nor anything.

But more, we fight by ourselves. We don't leech off of others because we can't do shit. If we lose, we lose, but we don't cry about it like Israel.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dunn11x Jesus Christ is The Messiah! Registered Senior Member

You are making no sense buddy. We don't give Israel anything but our alliance, they buy everything else.

"The AK was MADE by Russia, but Russia isn't throwing AK's to us and saying "hey, here you go buddy"."- Thats because it takes hand eye coordination to catch.

Yea I guess you don't cry....you just complain and talk about how much your better than the country that kicked you butt in 7 days.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Spoken like a true propaganda-filled fellow.

That simple alliance gives Israel strength, take it away and Israel is nothing.

You get the picture. We have to buy and train ourselves in the use of AK's, we don't just get it pansy-wansy.

I'm not ashamed that the USA defeated us in 6 days. After all, it's the strongest country in the world.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hyperqube714 Registered Member

it's more like billions of dollars

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

It give Israel Strength and cover to do what it likes in the middle east. It also saved Israel in the yom Kippur War.
    You'll need to take it away or suspend it then you'll need to launch a co ordinated assualt with Jordan, if they cooperate.

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Just because the USA wields history's greatest military hammer does not mean that every threat can be nailed with it. Sometimes whacking a problem makes it worse. For example, the United States presently lacks the troops necessary for successfully occupying any single, sizeable foreign country for the purpose of "nation-building", or overtly-controlled regime change... In the case of Iran- and absent the capability of commencing a third simultaneous foreign occupation- punitive strikes are most likely to deepen the entrenchment and popular authority of the present regime.

Dunn11x: "Who in the world would take what I said as occupation. I'm not talking about "Nation-Building", I'm talking about eliminating the threat by destroying there means of attacking. "

I mentioned occupation to highlight how US military options against Iran suffer limitations that reduce our military options to measures that would empower Iran's most fanatical theocrats, without removing the Iranian strategic challenge to current US adventures.

"If the enemy has nothing more than there bodies and what ever is left of there small arms, then there is not a big enough threat to do anything."

During the hurly-burly of attacking Iran, there is no chance of containing all retaliation, preparation of which has been compelled for at least 4 years now. Shipping, refineries, garrisons, and other major targets would remain vulnerable because there are no perfect shields. Long after an initial exhange, the Strait of Hormuz would remain (absent occupation) a 35-mile wide choke-point periodically throttleable by means of replaceable weaponry for as long as hostilities might continue. Iranian insurgency, potentially swelled by infantry ranks, would be a greatly-multiplied mortal threat to US garrisons, in comparison with the relatively restrained situation right now. Understand that Iran has sacrificed over a million lives opposing Iraq a generation ago, fighting in trenches, fighting a strategic missile war, and fighting a tanker war in the Gulf. Don't assume they didn't learn a trick or two, or prepare their own backyard for future threats. Given sufficient provocation, Iran can put up a terrific fight again. Just because American forces are superior does not mean we cannot take casualties that we can ill afford both politically and strategically.

"The only reason why Iraq is a real problem is because of the weaponry coming over the border."

At least as much weaponry is arriving from the usual US, Russian, and Chinese sources, and through the usual proxies in other neighboring states. And as I have just outlined, Iran has a lot more hurt in reserve.

"If the insurgents don’t have bombs then they can’t go boom boom."

There has probably never been a situation like Iraq, where high explosives and demolition know-how were so commonly available in the wake of war and petroleum exploration. For example, EFP casings are made in Iraq with no special tooling, while explosives to stuff them with and detonators to wire them with abound.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  10. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Egypt would probably be a better bet than Jordan. But even if you manage that, what then? "Nation building"?

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Liberation.

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Zephyr: "But even if you manage [coordinated assault on Iran], what then? "Nation building"?"

It's like football: We win the big game, and then enjoy a nice homecoming parade, and all our heroes get drunk and/or laid (or martyrdom) see? If things drag out we'll SURGE! Then we'll win the Big Game, you'll see... :bugeye:

13. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

I have never supported an invasion of Iran. :bugeye:

That is a nice warm fuzzy word. But I'd prefer specifics.

Would you set up a republic with USA style constitution and separation of church and state? Something which, I need hardly remind you, no other middle eastern state has at the moment?

How will you avoid civilian casualties?

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Then. miraculously, the UN intervenes, to prevent acts of revenge against jewish civiliians \.. far fetched.. i know.

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Don't forget the Messiah, descending out of Heaven to mop up Jerusalem with the Anti-Christ-Mehdi's ass. Have a little faith in the Neoconservative vison. (not)

16. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

The number of the beast shall be 666. And the number of the messiah - 235?

17. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I thought we were talking about the invasion of Israel?

I meant Liberation for Israel, from themselves.

18. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

We were. Hype just changed it to Iran because he thought I was being hypocritical

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But for any country, diplomacy should always be the first option of choice.

I also think a republic with USA style constitution would be an improvement on any middle eastern country, but I don't see that happening in the near future.

And as Iraq shows, new styles of government isn't something you can force. But I do wonder why, once the mess was created, they didn't try setting up Iraq as a federation of Sunni/Shia/Kurdish provinces, instead of a unitary state. Maybe that would have been more stable; I don't know . . . :shrug:

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Diplomacy for sure, unfortunately Israel is not willing to use it.

Really? I wouldn't want a government with a redneck in charge that doesn't know shit and causes alotta problems, and gives us a bad name.

20. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Which Arab countries have diplomatic relations with Israel?

Whether the redneck was acting in accordance with the constitution is another question.

But next year the redneck will be gone, while Syria will still be under the thumb of Bashar al-Assad, son of Hafez al-Assad who killed 20 000 of his own people at Hama. 36 years of control by one family . . .

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I dont know, but probably not alot because the blood-thirsty Israelis do not want peace.

Yes, Syria will be under the thumb of Assad, a London-educated Doctor, who takes whatever is necessary for the survival of his country

He is a good man. In Syria, he shops the open streets and he is actually very polite.

22. countezero Registered Senior Member

What's the point of making this claim? There are plenty of countries that depend on other nations to buy military equipment from. In fact, most countries don't build their own military equipment. To your remark, I could easily riposte that what would a peon nation like Syria be without Iran or Russia to acquire things from? When is the last time Syria developed its own sophisticated weapon without outside assistance?

What's Egypt got to do with this? You were talking about Iran and Syria, were you not?

For what, exactly?

More foolishness! What did the US have to do with the Six Day War? And I'm sure you are aware that the Israelis actually attacked a US ship, damaged it and killed most of the crew during said conflict?

23. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007