Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

#1 There is no proof that SW ships can block transporter beams. SW shields are inherently different than ST shields.

#2 The 1st Death Star HAS no shields. Proof. In EPIV, after the Imperials found the weakness, they didnt ask to raise the shields on the trench! They asked Tarkin to retreat. Why didnt they raise shields?

#3 Even IF the Death Star has shields, the 1st Death Star has Tarkin in command, who WONT raise shields. The Second Death Star doesnt have shields. It relies on Planetary shields, which are large enough to use Warp to get through.

That makes NO sense. If they are divided into regions, they all can be hit separately and taken our separately.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

I mean readout regions. Say you get hit on the port side. The readout will tell you which side got hit. But the hit weakens the whole shield. The Logic behind SW shields is that you can re-direct shields to an area being bombarded.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

That doesn't make sense, your when you say that you are dividing it into sections.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Lets say ST wins because this is going on long enough, no matter what is said you seem to be so in love with ST which was good up until its creator passed away oh and that would mean everything after Gene passed away is non cannon because if it isn't said to be cannon by him then well I think you know what I'm going to say.

8. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

What happened after he died IS canon since Gene's family didnt condemn it.

9. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Well, in your point of view, what would happen if Lucas died? (even though the SW canon system is pretty messed up to begin with)

Second of all, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Paramount also has a say in what is canon for ST.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If everything after Gene passed away is non cannon, then everything Lucas didn't directly create is non cannon.

But moot point - 30th century federation FTW.

11. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

So to make all the Star trek fans happy lets just say they win and let this beast die already!

12. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Well If you guys feel that way, I'm going to start a new thread, too many pages...

13. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Should I? Anyone, should I start a new thread?

14. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I'm a Member of BCD or "Belgium Costume Devision".
    But we build props to go to events and our motto is "Size does matter"
    We build allmost everything on a 1 on 1 basis. Except our AT-AT offcourse.
    It's not all starwars by the way. But stargate and aliens as well.

Steve Sansweet and Mary Franklin from Lucasfilm Ltd are impressed with our work. I london they personalily congratulated us and said we made all the difference on the Starwars Celebration event.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Really?
    Wars wins!
    Lets argue, shall we??

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Thing is... Star Trek Phasers operate on a completely different principle than Blasters. Blasters simply destroy the material they impact via a high power discharge of kinetic and electrical energy. Phasers do the same, but they modulate it so that it best agitates the impacted surface, causing maximum damage at the atomic level. Disruptors do the same thing, but with MUCH more of that atomic disruption, causing the material to expand and contract millions of times per second to cause damage.

So, yeah, Wars armor would be nigh useless...

17. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Wars armor is useless against projectiles anyway...
    (see EpVI where the A-Wing destroys the SSD bridge)

18. Saquist Banned Banned

That is very true. I've seen zero evidence to substaniate greater fire power and hull strenght in Sd's and the Like when the GCS is sporting six times the fire power of proven SD fire power.

19. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Yeah, Look how the modules on the hull of an ISD are rasied. It looks like those are staked like paper, making their hull is paper thin.

20. Saquist Banned Banned

There is inconsistencey I'd like to bring up with Federation torpedo power.

In one episode it so powerfull they can't stand a close range torpedo detonation. You know what that means, right? That they can't even take a direct hit by one of there own torpedos. That makes no sense.

In another episodes their blowing away the Lantree in one shot.

In another episode the whole torpedo compliment can't take out an asteroid.

It's all over the place.

21. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Still. The fact remains. A ship traveling at impulse (which can go up to 80% speed of light, and shoots a torpedo thats 200lbs (Spock is probably around 200, and he fits in a torpedo) or MUCH more than 200lbs since the Enterprise only has to let go of the torpedo and then slow down., can cause MASSIVE damage to ANYTHING. It can destroy all life on a planet.

22. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Still the fact remains that this is the longest most pointless thread i have ever seen, they are both fiction and until someone writes a effing book or makes a movie called Star wars Vs. Star trek noone is going to win. Couldnt this energy best be spent in some other forum of debate or is this the only subject certain people are knowledgable about?

23. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Equally as pointless as debating which religion is correct...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.