Updates

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, May 29, 2008.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Whats the rundown on a slutty bitch...

She will sleep with you for money.

or a bitchy slut ?

So will she.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

That's not entirely true, I've slept with numerous bitches.

I think this covers a great number of things he doesn't realise, but also he could get the low self-esteem girls if he was socially aware enough to be predatory and pick them out.

Always remember girls love sincerity. So the key thing is being able to fake sincerity.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Ah, Spring returns to the Northern hemisphere!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

The terms are mutually exclusive when referring to the likelihood of sleeping with a woman, I would assume.

Well, when a girl is giving it up to a guy, I don't think he cares all that much about her personality. He only takes it into consideration when he's not getting any. Shallow, yes. But, in general, it's the truth.

Here's another little tidbit for Darkie... girls that claim to "not be into sex" or that you shouldn't talk to them about sex because "that's just not the kind of girl she is" are generally covering up for the fact that they ARE. It's a common feature I see in people all the time... the things that they are most insecure about, they talk the most about. The guys I knew in high school that always made it a point to talk, at great length and detail, about their never-ending sexual conquests with the opposite sex and about their intolerance of gays tended to be the ones that were most likely to "come out of the closet" later on. I remember a guy in HS always joking to me asking why I was always "so gay." It's funny... because 10 years later, he's the one that came out of the closet. Not me... and I don't need to. Nor do I feel the need to talk about who I've slept with.

Great door-to-door sales men know this trick: those that put up signs saying "No Solicitors" are generally the weakest people and are the easiest to make a sale to once you break down their barriers.

And women that are generally the bitchest to a man are often times just testing the guy to see if he's weak.

Or he can actually be sincere.

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I had a phone interview today for a security job at a hospital that's 24 hours a week nights. It would at least let me pay for the car and insurance while I find another part time job. Ugh =/ I need it anyways I'm still looking online thanks ppl

9. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Perhaps the majority of the time it is, but I think it depends on the person. Just like a lot of girls really love having sex and don't care if it's with different people, regardless of self-esteem.
    Does depend on the person, but often the quiet ones are the filthy ones. Also fat chicks, something to do with desperation and never knowing when the next fuck is going to be.

Let's stick to realistic options at this point.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Smart girls tend to be the most open in bed. The quiet ones, yes.. it seems they are quiet all the time because they're hiding so many skeletons in the closet. And, as for the fat chicks... I know exactly what you mean. The last one scared me so much I'm afraid to even text her. In fact, I can swear I overheard her say "I love you" when I was leaving her place. Really? Wow. Now I know how women feel when a desperate man confesses his "true love" for her and will get on all fours to beg for her approval.

Ok, I'm game!

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I have a friend who is a security guard on the night shift at Dulles Airport. (Employee entrances, not the passenger gates, so you won't ever meet her wearing an elastic glove.) It's a terrible way to live. There are many important tasks we all have to do that can simply only be done during the daytime, so her sleep schedule is erratic. On her nights off she finally gets a chance to socialize so she toggles into day-shift mode, which always results in getting only six "nights" of sleep per week instead of seven. She's always run-down and depressed, and her immune system seems to suffer from the stress so she gets sick a lot. As a result she can't get herself into high gear when she's off duty and her personal life is a shambles. This includes any attempt to break out of the death spiral and find a good day job.

If you take this route, set yourself a maximum duration and stick to it. Like, have one of your friends promise to call your boss in six months if you're still there and tell him that you are a drug addict with two hundred thousand dollars in gambling debts and a restraining order from your former boss's wife.

I have to say that you are the worst possible person to get sucked into a night-shift job. You have the interia of a mountain. Once you get settled into it, you will never leave.

I don't know why I'm trying to help you, since you never listen. Perhaps I can save someone else here from making that mistake.

12. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Guarantee you never even tried this one, did you?

No offense, but I'm beginning to wonder if sympathy for you isn't what this thread is really about. Is that a possibility? By the way, I still give you 99.9% odds of success at $9.00/hr or better if you just give it a try. Or maybe you're just not desperate enough yet... :shrug:

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

That's the way I look at it, or at least I try to. In real life, I generally don't try to offer advice because it's very rare that someone will actually listen to what I have to say and give the advice a chance. But on the Internet, I use opportunities like Darkie as a way to express my thoughts on life and to stretch my mental muscles while hoping that someone will listen. I know that many times I've followed the advice I've read on the Internet that was intended for someone else. While the person receiving the help never changed, I sure as hell did. Too bad the advice givers never got to know this.

He's just hoping that someone at some point will validate his existence. He doesn't get it very often, but when he does, it's like he got that hit of cocaine he's been craving for months. I used to be there... when I was 12 all the way to 18. I'd post bullshit about how worthless my life is and how I'm a failure of a human being. Now I'm 26 and more mature and more accepting of my own responsibility for a fulfilling life.

The older he gets, the more entrenched he's going to become in his views and habits. Radical changes in perspective and habit are more likely to occur the younger someone is. Rarely, I would think, do you see a 70 year old drunkard make a sudden realization and change into a different type of person. He's had decades of experience validating the negative aspects of his life. He's got so much "proof" that the world is unduly unfair to him and only him. It would take a HELL of a lot of work to fix that old-timer... much more than it would for Darkie to change. If he's going to ever change, it's got to happen now.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Darkie won't ever change, why should he? He doesn't give a shit about himself so why should he care if he gets a job or not? He tries, as was stated, to evoke sympathy, for over 3 years now, he hasn't tried to change and won't.

15. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well, as I stated I did the same juvenile crap between 12 and 18... so about 6 years of it. It took a lot of educating myself about the real world to realize many things that allowed me to change throughout college. One thing I realized is that in the grand scheme of things, my life is unimportant. My ego thought otherwise because it acted as if it was the center of the universe. Another was to realize that it's unfair to place my burdens upon others. They have enough of their own problems that, unless they are being paid or harmed, they don't give a shit. I'm sure I've had other realizations that I can't think of right now, though.

How did I educate myself to change? Reading books, listening to talk radio, and learning how to get in touch with the desire to help myself.

16. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

@ Fraggle:

Funny, I like der night shift...but I liked it a lot better when I was working one 14 and two 12's back-to-back...I had a three-day workweek! that freaking rocked!

Four tens wasn't bad either.

But working five eight hour shifts-what I do now-and in the evenings-bites. It's like a friend of mine said: "When you have to show up at work, your whole day is ruined."

My immune system tends to attack my body in random weird ways, which is what allergies are...and I think I actually do better with a somewhat-impaired immune system. Essentially that's what corticosteroids-the big guns of asthma/allergy meds-do;depress immune response.

I would love to work three 12's and an 8 somewhere...need to get on that...

17. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

18. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Beat the pavement and keep going back until they can't stand it anymore and hire you. Companies like go getters and by your persistence they realize you are a go getter . We call it going the extra mile. The one your competitors don't go. So I have done this many times as a carpenter and after you do it a few times you get good practice and as they say practice makes perfect. Bosses like it when you walk up with authority about your skill set . anyway I remember this one foreman he would say " Am I the biggest A hole you ever worked for and if you said no he would say well I am gonna be

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Until you get a paying job... your job right now from 7 AM to 6 PM for six days a week is finding a job. Don't hide beyond news stories as an excuse for not finding a job. Jobs ARE out there. However, no one is taking them because unemployment pays more than these jobs. If you take these shitty jobs and work your ass off, you would quickly be making more than unemployment. And, if you were serious about getting a job, you wouldn't waste any time at all on Sciforums. But, here you are.

20. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

My star employee would do anything . That is another good trait to move up in a corporation. I would tell newbies you better do anything for when times get tough you will still be here when the complainers are long gone. Don't expect to start at the top either. You show your worth and you will move up in due time . Be a money maker for the company and you will either be rewarded or gain skill sets for the next person that employs you. It is still all win win for you

21. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Man oh man do I know that's true. I was told by my boss that I'd be the last one to get laid off.

But, the trick is to work hard (and smart) for your own reasons. I won't do anything just because someone told me to. In fact, being told what to do creates a lot of resentment in me. I always have to have a personal reason why I am doing something. If I don't have one, I invent one. The beauty of this is that I can then have passion for the task at hand.

22. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Yeah buddy. The personal gain is you become worth more to employers and benefit your self by making more. My best trick now and people think it crazy , but for you that understand the power of it can prosper by it. When you look at your boss say to your self " I Love you" I know it sounds stupid , but what it does is it erases the stress wrinkles from your face and puts this look of joy on you face . That makes the boss feel important, customers too. They feel loved and by that they will go out of there way to see you succeed. Every body loves a winner and when they see you with no stress on you will look like a winner. This trick is the tool of the salesman and that is all there really is is sales . Sales of your self. This is the good old boys trick of being a good old boy, for there is a lot to be said about who you know not just what you know. I wish it was not like that , but that is the way it is so take advantage of it while you still can

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've never been unemployed because my abilities as a trades person were always in demand by someone somewhere around my community. Since I can do repair, new construction and remolding I've been busy up till I retired and still get calls from some old time companies I worked for that remembered me.