Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Has it ended yet ?. .. Please tell me this thing won't reach a thousand.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Well, he is just like any other average person who believes anyone who likes ST even a little bit is a nerd. The world is filled with ignorant people like him.

And by the looks of it, he hasn't seen enough (or any) ST to even be on this thread.

Here is a good example, http://www.losers.org/4l.html.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Saquist Banned Banned

Sure...most people are prejudice.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I would love to see Darth Maul or Darth Nihilus turned Borg I wonder how the borg would adapt a lightsaber... and i know everyone thinks the death star would own but i do remember a small hole in which a photon torpedo would do alot of damage... Luke you've turned off your targeting computers is something wrong?

8. Saquist Banned Banned

You mean a lightsaber...."an energy weapon"
    They'll adapt to it like anything else....

9. designationlocutus Registered Senior Member

Hehe not again....!

Enter the Q. Finish!

10. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Yes but the borg aren't exactly quick havent you seen them move? They move at like 100m an hour so i don't think a lightsaber would work very well for them

11. Saquist Banned Banned

I don't think they would consider a light saber a weapon worthy of assimilation. shield technology is fairly common in Trek.

In Star War's shields seem to opperate on a particle shield basis.

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

maybe they'll make some cannon out of it? (i mean the light saber)

13. Saquist Banned Banned

I guess that's always a possibility....

I'd wondere how surprise the Jedi and Sith would be when the Borg alter there weapons to match the frequency of the Lightsaber and fire through it...

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Or when the Borg learn to project force storms from their cubes instead of graviton torpedoes...

15. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Assuming this is in the SW universe. No medicholorians, no force.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well... in all honesty... midichlorians aren't necessarily what gives you force powers... most SW cannon never even mentions them...

17. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

Can someone end this thread. I thought the point was to relay your opinion on subject of war between the SW and ST universe, not elaborate on broad topics of canon that does not pertain to a direct response to the question asked in the beginning.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It, honestly, has been decided. Just the few stragglers that keep popping up here and there attempting to sport the latest "Wars" fad of the week.

19. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

For conversation's sake (and based on my own observation of typical Borg behaviour), the Borg will more than likely suppress any Force ability in assimilation. They've assimilated Vulcans, Betazoids, El Aurians etc and fail to use their telepathic abilities, in favour of their own subspace communications.

However, the light saber would probably be integrated into Borg glove or forearm armor as a cutting tool or close range weapon.

20. Saquist Banned Banned

That's an intresting theory.

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

how about we start discusing ship designs for both sides (what we like and dislike about them) untill someone shows up with this week's super weapon that got defeated by a lose screw?

22. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I like the Starfleet Excelsior class.

I dislike *cough*All SW ships*cough*.

23. Saquist Banned Banned

The X-Wing is the Best Fighter in Sci Fi History. Fast and well armed and capable of longe range flight.

But along with the best fighter Star Wars also has the worse fighter. The Tie Fighter. No shields...

The Best Captial ship would be Defiant. The perfect design and massive amounts of firepower.

The Worse ship is the Imperial Star Destroyer. It's basicly help unless all the other captial ships never notice that there are no main guns under the ship or in the rear. The Main guns it does have mostly point to the side. Only to pointed forward. Attrocious for a capital ship.

Best Transport goes to the Millenium Falcon.
    Worse goes to the Valkris from Star Trek III.

Best Shuttle goes to the Tydirium
    Worse Shuttle Type 15 shuttle craft...A glorified two man coffin.

Constitution Class Refit gets Overall best looking ship of all time.
    Worse Looking ship goes to NX-01

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.