US warships frightened by Iranian boats; War of Terror; US foreign policy, etc...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

Dude!:bugeye:

Going a bit far there aren't you?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its okay, I do push his buttons. I'm not offended because it shows shame and guilt, something a lot of people are sadly lacking in these days.

I know Buffy is a good sort, you can't blame him for his fierce loyalty, its a side effect of the brainwashing that military service entails

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The illegitimacy of US presence may be exemplified in other incidents. We were discussing this one.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

That would be great. I can't wait.

Assuming the ME remains impotent and as they don't manufacture anything I think that's a reasonable assumption. And assuming the USA does make itself energy independent, I think it's reasonable to also assume the countries like China will still need ME oil. In effect there will be a large customer. Let the people in the ME see how China deals with them and their oil. I can promise that if it comes to another Chinese revolution or the Chinese dropping bombs all over the ME the Communist party will have an easy time making that choice.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

China's building something like 40 nukes. We'll be competing with them for uranium on even less favorable terms than oil.

At current levels of efficiency and tech, an area of high desert in the American Southwest about 100 miles on a side - about 10,000 square miles - devoted to heat-engine solar would meet projected US electricity needs completely.

The transmission would have to be direct current, of course. Storage might be more local.

That would not replace oil. Fertilizer and plastics, for starters, require it - even if cars somehow did not.

The little Iranian speedboats are going to be a problem for many years to come.

10. mountainhare Banned Banned

S.A.M:
    That's lovely. No doubt the Yanks who used to lurk around the Vietnamese jungles in constant fear of getting a bullet/knife/napalm in the face were also cowardly.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You find a stranger lurking in your backyard, afraid you'll catch him on your property, you consider it brave?

12. mountainhare Banned Banned

13. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Says the man who defends the murder of 300,000 Japanese women and children for 10+ pages as a noble act of kindness?

Oh, and might I point out that an Indian lady can spell English, punctuate English and use better grammar in English than you can?

What age are you again Buffalo?

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Inflation of the numbers, huh G.F. again the appeal to emotion, Japan still has not ended WWII.

Only you would have the lack of reading comprehension to come up with;

?

It was a war, people were dying, it need to be ended, and only a man like you would let a war roll on to its bitter end because you would rather see more people die than get your hands dirty ending it.
    The Japanese would not have surrendered on Aug.14th , and the war would have rolled on, the Japanese were still fighting the Russians in Sept. and have not ended the war with Russia yet, and the Japanese troops in China, 500,000 Japanese troops, surrendered, October 15th, 1945.

How long would they have fought with out the Emperor being forced to step in and end the war?

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

????????????????????????????????

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

SAM when I see you and Buffy go at it. It reminds me of an old quotation from the Jesus, "truth will make you free". The truth is somewhere between the two extremes. But I am starting to get the feeling that you just like to pull Buffy's strings.

17. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

If Japan has still not ended WWII then what did you achieve by dropping the A-Bombs? You apparently failed to end the war.

It hasn't ended....you said yourself.

Funny, that sounds like exactly what the US did. Too pussy to invade properly so they just killed a bunch of civilians instead.

It's still rolling on, you said yourself!

This thread is not the place to discuss it, so let's get back to you. How old are you, Buffalo?

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

SpAM would rather sit on the sidelines and cheer the deaths of Innocent Children in the Name of Allah, Mohammad, and Jihad, if they are murdered in the name of God, by Moslems it is all OK.

Moslems can use children as shields, and get them killed and it is the U.S. fault, she castigates the U.S. for being in Iraq, but what about the Foreign Moslem Terrorist, who have invaded Iraq, killing Iraqi men women and children in the name of Allah and Jihad? The thing is that they aren't their because we over threw Saddam, they are their because we have come to the Ummah, the sacred soil of Islam, and they are killing Iraqis to drive us out? make sense to me:shrug

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

It ended for us, and the rest of the Allies, but it show the interagency of the Japanese quite well don't you think?

For the U.S., Britain, China, Australia, New Zealand, Holland, and several hundred thousand POW and slave laborers, it ended and they lived, now as for Japan and Russia, again it show their mentality, and intransigence.

Japan for not accepting it lost, and Russia for not recognizing that the four Russia-held tiny islands in the southern Kuril chain belong to Japan.

Yes, you have just showed your hypocrisy, you would have no problems letting a million die just to serve you own vision of right and fair, that is just as bad a the Japanese, or the Nazis, they killed millions for their vision of what was the proper order of thing.

Again, you want to put words in my mouth, don't you have enough problems trying to spit ypu rown out?

Then why do you and SpAM keep bring it into the thread?

20. sandy Banned Banned

Those "few little boats and taunts" were cigarette boats whose operaters VERBALLY THREATENED THE USA SHIPS WITH BOMBS AND BOMBINGS!

We should have blown their @sses into oblivion. Did you even read the link? Nah, I didn't think so.

The root of all these problems is radical Islamic terrorists. They say Islam tells its followers to convert/kill infidels. They have been killing for years in the name of Allah and act like innocent victims when we fight back. I'm tired and fed up with them. So is most of the rest of the world.

21. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Looks to me like the US is looking for a cassus belli and is trying to provoke Iran into attacking, well, something, eventually.

The boats were probably called back when they figured this out.

22. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Says an AMERICAN? Do you know how loathed your country is globally?

23. sandy Banned Banned

The USA is NOT the one who openly declared that they want to "wipe the USA and Israel off the map". That was your little terrorist puke Iminajihad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.