US warships frightened by Iranian boats; War of Terror; US foreign policy, etc...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Do you support the car bombing of innocent women and children as practiced by your fine upstanding Islamic men in the name of Allah and the Prophet Mohammad?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you know why 3 naval warships were in the Strait of Hormuz?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Lets compare notes.

People killed for ideological reasons (religion, nationalism, tribalism)

Children orphaned

Countries invaded

People tortured

Sam = 0

And you?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

Garsh, probably because it's the ONLY way to "get to the oil" and, contrary to your rosy opinion of the ME, the straights really do need patrolling and our current treaties with the countries I named permits and obligates the USA to provide that service.

~String

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

you're servicing the Arabs? Or else what? Someone will steal the oil, like in Iraq? :roflmao:

Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse.

9. superstring01 Moderator

Look. I'm not defending the whole Iraq business.

Whether you like it or not, the USA has a right to be there. Again, I know this pains your tired little mind to comprehend this: But the USA is there at the invitation of several Gulf states. YOU may not like the reasons, but the reasons are legal and legitimate.

Oil, for better or worse, is a big business. THE "BIG" BUSINESS. Oil is plenty of reason for any nation to be there, and as far as the West is concerned, it's worth fighting and dieing for. It's in the US's (and a lot of other nations) best interest to patrol the Gulf. That you don't agree with and/or like those reasons is inconsequential.

~String

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Glad you see past the BS.

Maybe you are alright with killing/torturing people to keep yourself tanked up.

I'm not.:shrug:

And you're damned right I don't agree with it.

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Every time you post that I am reminded that Mr Ocampo was not considering, or talking about, any US actions in Iraq when he delivered that quote. That it doesn't mean what you assert, and instead points to something quite different.

You are reminding me of possible reasons the US refuses to place itself under ICC jurisdiction. They are not favorable, by and large.
    America brought the terrorists into Iraq; wrecked the hospitals and medical care system already trashed by ten years of American blockade; shot, blew up, and orphaned tens of thousands of Iraqi children; and now you want congratulations for allowing the Iraqis to use some of their own oil money to take care of them, and buy medical supplies from US approved vendors ?

Congratulations. Don't let the door hit you in ass on the way out.
    The Navy ships in the Straits are not in the business of killing and torturing, necessarily. They have a legit presence there. And a swarm of small boats using commando tactics to block or disrupt the Straits is in fact a real danger - the Iranians are making a real threat, and being answered in kind. The illegitimacy of US presence is not exemplified in this incident.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

SpAM your hand aren't clean, with every post you back the blood shed, committed in the name of Allah, and the Prophet, you think your clean? just look at your own mind, you have blood dripping from every pour of your soul, you support by word and action the killing of innocent Muslems by Moslems, brothers in Terror support by you with your words, Saddam played games until it bit him in the ass, 10 years of screwing around, and it cost him his life, he was a grade A number one Bastard and you support the people who are defending him with killing Innocent women and children, in his name, and they have killed more women and children that any 4 invasions of Iraq by the Coalition.

Read the list from Body Count, they list the cause of death, and there are
    100 to 1 more people killed by you brother terrorist, than by the U.S. for every casualty by the coalition there are a hundred Iraqis killed by fellow Moslems, Terrorist, bastards who kill with out any thought other than Allah and Mohammad, and Jihad, that make it all OK, and you SpAM cheer them on, you excuse their actions no mater who they kill, yes SpAM your hand are not clean, they drip with more blood than I have ever shed, look to yourself, your nothing but a Hypocrit.

13. superstring01 Moderator

How could one not?

I'm not. Not even close. I think that the USA should generate 100% of it's electricity from domestic non-petroleum fuels (nuclear, hydro electric, "renewable" and coal to jockey power during peak times).

I think that the US government doesn't regulate the fuel efficiency of homes and cars enough.

Lastly, I think that the USA should stamp a legal date to cut all imported petroleum to zero and cut all domestic petroleum usage in half: 30 years.

None of this, however, negates any of the facts I asserted. They are verifiable and legal.

~String

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So what is the score Buffy?

Sam=0

You?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then we have no argument. :shrug:

As for verifiable and legal, its legal in Iran to execute homosexuals.

Still, that does not make it alright, does it?

Or do you consider it excusable on legal grounds?

16. superstring01 Moderator

Negative.

Though, I think that the USA should be patrolling the shipping lanes (there are treaty obligations there), I do think that the USA has no business interfering in the internal affairs of Iraq especially when we're chums with non-nonsense tyrannies like Saudi Arabia.

One can protect without rattling so many cages. It is an art, I'm afraid, that has not been impressed upon the US Military.

~String

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What treaty obligations? What are the conditions?

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The score is your a Bigot, and a murderer by proxy, every time you fail to condemn your Moslem Terrorist Brothers you just put another child-women-innocent man in the ground, every time you defend your Fucking terrorist brothers you let another innocent Iraqi be condemned to a back room torture chamber that make any thing we do look like a day at the beach, SpAM you such a hypocrite it isn't even explainable, your are blind in a way that is pitiful, the funny thing is now, all I feel now towards you is pity, your are a self made bigot, and a full fledged hypocrite and you will be that way for the rest of your life unless God ever manages to open your eye and reach your soul, Peace Be With You.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Did they not hold war exercises off the coast of Iran last year?

20. superstring01 Moderator

Buffalo. You need to chill.

This is a simple debate. If you can't refrain from the belligerence, then you need to step away from the computer. Barring that, I can provide you with a break if you need.

~String

21. superstring01 Moderator

The USA currently has treaties with Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain & Saudi Arabia that guarantees the safety of their ships. Besides the usual antagonists, the the threat from modern piracy is on the rise, and when petroleum is at stake, then such nations are even more concerned. Petrol ships are impossible to insure.

Again, you may not like the reasons, but the US Navy hasn't really done a whole lot of harm in the region and is overwhelmingly welcome by various nations.

~String

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That would sound so much better if they weren't currently occupying two countries right there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. superstring01 Moderator

Who's the second unlucky slave? You're exaggerating again SAM. Having a military base in a nation hardly implies they are occupied. Iraq is occupied. Saudi Arabia and Bahrain are not.

~String

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.