How can we get a flame bate thread removed?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by HectorDecimal, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

Why should either side see anything from your perspective?

You are full of contradictions Sir and it is reflected in your posts.

Oh poor baby..

I am curious as to why you responded so many times in a thread you disagreed with on such a level that you recommended it be moved to the Cesspool. Personally I don't care if you worship a grasshopper as a deity. What I do care about is when you enter a thread, comment that atheism is a religion and then demand that a very good and sensible and sensitive thread be moved to the Cesspool because it disagreed with your delicate sensibilities.

Being hated seems to be very important to you. Why is that? Do you view yourself as the 'bad boy' of forums?

No, it's actually fine where it is.

No one here, certainly not the members, moderators or administrators of this site, are here solely to cater for your wants and desires. Just because you think the thread is a waste of time does not mean that others share your views. And from the responses you received in the thread and in this one, it is blatantly clear that others do not share your views in this instance.

What is a shame is when someone trolls a thread and then complains about the thread they just trolled and then expect to be taken seriously.

You can quack as much as you please, but keep in mind that this forum has rules and there are certain ways to go about things. If you felt the thread did not belong there, the actual thing to do would have been to PM the moderator of that forum and make a suggestion. Not start a thread right off the bat and state it should be moved to the Cesspool because you don't agree with the thread's contents.

Indeed you can.

The thread in question does not 'debase' religion. It merely asks atheists to share their experiences in what led them to believing there is no God. If you view atheism as an insult or debasement to religion, then that is something you will need to reconcile within yourself.

For someone who claims they wished they had not posted in the religion forums on this site, you spend a lot of time posting religious topics and posts.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

My bad.

If a forum moderatot ever saw something from my perspective I'd likely have an embolism in the worst possible place, never to be heard from again...

Actually I forgot the PM the Mod guideline. I had no intention of inciting a riot...

Please close this thread.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

BTW... that baby surely needs its diaper changed by now... There's a black spot on it...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

They're right in that atheism or humanism is expression of an individual's opinions on religious topics. But that doesn't make it a religion. It just uses the same amendment of rights protection that actual religions fall under (as do other expressions of speech).

Just because a higher court rules something doesn't mean they're right. Just means for now it's the status quo legally. The same court doesn't even want to touch things like the pledge of allegiance (and not just because of the mention of God) nor the use of religion on money. They could, but they want to stay out of the fire that would insure from either side, both socially and politically. It's just easier for them to use the "ceremonial deism", which is crap, and if anything I'm surprised that Christians aren't insulted more by that than any ruling.

Anyway...back to the link. So, by all major definitions of "religion", exactly what god does atheism and humanism worship? I can see a far reach to say that humanism, and particularly transhumanism, as worship of humanity itself, but again, going to actual word usage, I wouldn't consider humanity "divine" or "supernatural".

I mean play with semantics all day, but when the average person uses the word "religion", we all know what they mean.

So with that, discussion of atheism certainly falls under the Religion category, without actually meaning we're praying to some not-god that you understand what we mean.

8. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Some atheists lack belief in God religiously.
    Some other atheists religiously disbelieve in God.

9. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Also Bells,

If you follow my tracks here a bit, you'll see that I first posted in the scientific areas, found that I needed 20 posts before I could include a link to some validating pages, pics, etc., so ran out of things to do and the site seems very religion friendly. As I said. It isn't a bad site.

You mention that religion is the only place I go. That's errant. I put a VERY IMPORTANT thread about Yellowstone's Caldera in Earth Science. All we get there are the sounds of the crickets chirping at night... Perhaps that's all there will be if people keep treating me like a voice in the wilderness on that issue.

Some have admitted that they don't understand all the science, mostly the physics, that goes into some of these assessments of the findings out there. So? Ask!! I have a lot more time right now to provide some catching up than I will in a month or so.

My bag is time travel and gravitation. I'm hot on that. I need a bit of guidance to know how to share what many consider to be fascinating. I appreciate the answer to my topic about how to go about "suggesting" (I made no demand) a thread be relocated. I do not appreciate the blatant sarcasm from someone who shouls be a neutral as a moderator. It is unbecoming of a moderator, if not an insult to their own intelligence.

I want to understand some of the people here who have intelligence. Trolling and sarcasm do not equate to intelligence. I don't want to see humanity run itself over the edge of the cliff of extinction. It's my job to link up with people who are smart enough to stop running in that direction.

Thank you for answering my question. If you close this misgiven thread that's up to you, but I no longer have a use for it.

10. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

Its not the how you became an atheist, its the need for debasement of religion thread, where I suggest that it is necessary for the safety and progress of our civilization that religious moderation and secularism should replace fundamentalism and dogmatism. That is why I named it as such - besides, no theist has every taken as much offense on this forum at anything as this guy seems to take with that thread, which afterall, is against his fundamentalism and creationism.

The term he was looking for was subversion, which is what creationists do with science. I carefully didn't include that word because it would unnecessarily antagonise, radicalise and militate the thread. Perhaps HD should realise that I chose my words with care, especially on sensitive issues, so that only the right and intended message gets across. And yet still, he keeps putting words in my mouth -
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2905606&postcount=82

11. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

Second sentance I would agree with. But the first seems odd because lacking belief is a passive state and as such an adverb could not be used to describe it.

12. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Another reason to complain about that thread is the poll left out one of the most probable and truthful selections:

"I was dropped on my head as a child and received irreparable damage to my right side posterior superior parietal lobular, so praying can't be processed."

13. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

And remember, God doesn't care why you don't have faith, it still counts towards damnation. Sorry about the tough luck, kid.

14. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

You are saying tough luck kid to a poll question?:bugeye:

Have you had an active NMR imaging test done to examine your hypothalamus? If not you may want to consider it.

15. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Trying criticising the point, not insulting the person. I heard you were adamant about that.

16. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Maybe it is that the sentence structure being used appears to be an intial insult demanding a returned insult. If the one posting the initiating remark cannot help doing this, then it may truly be a reason to see the neurologist or psychiatrist. If the ambiguity is intentional, then the initial insulting remark was duly deserving of the returned insult.

I don't initiate an insult. If you have difficulty with English grammar, then you should speak up about that, so we consider that. Otherwise, look at the comment you made I quoted.

Does this mean that
    1. You are trying to criticise the point and not insult the person, or

2. you are telling me to criticise the point and not the person?

In reality, I should simply ignore you when your post seems insulting, but if I'm being compassionate about you as a person and you are struggling with English grammar, how does that help?

This was a "how does one do something" type thread. There was a sarcastic mod involved. I pointed out that the question was answered and asked the thread be closed. The mod left it open. In that, the mod has broken the forum rules by perpetuating this as a flame bait thread.

I just visited again because it was obvious it had been posted to AGAIN, as well as I've been posting in other areas without any hint of such trolling I've been falsely accused of and want to see if any of those threads or posts are responded to in the meantime. Nothing to do outside the box? Look inside it to see what the riff raff are up to. There's always a chance they could be convinced to have a change of heart, or maybe, in this case, help them communicate better.

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

If someone doesn't believe what you believe then you think they must be brain damage? Seems rather arrogant to the extreme.

18. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Read what is written. I said it should have been an option. At first I thought it was a joke, but then realized it was likely more serious than expected. Reading problems, of course, could result from mental illness or brain damage.

19. Bells Staff Member

Hector, I am going to make a suggestion which I strongly suggest you take note of it. Questioning whether people suffer from schizophrenia or suggesting brain damage if they disagree with you is not going to endear you to anyone on this site. You have done it a few times now in this thread alone. While you may have this pathological need to not be liked on forums you participate in, if you attempt to insult or flame your fellow members in this way or even other ways, you can and will be moderated.

20. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

I have no such "need" to be hated or anything. You have misconstrued that. That flaming and insulting, on the other hand, should be restricted on both sides. This is atheism asking for the beating and I'm doing nothing more than standing my own ground. As I said before, if you look BEYOND the religious stuff to the science, you'll see I'm deft in my scientific profession. I should not have to abandon my human right to make use of a part of my brain that is hardwired for prayer and belief in a deity. If I'm training a dog from a puppy, I lay down and cover my face and let them get the better of me to bond. Now my malamutes are 11, happy and have a spelling vocabulary of about 10 words. They will protect my house and me. Now those are dogs. Aren't you people above that?

Another thing. I'm not being a so-called "concern troll" here either. Cyuberspace, gaming especially, is being found to cause mental problems in some people. It's the stressors. My suggestions of mental illness in some has nothing to with agreeing or disagreeing, it has to do with HURTING MY FEELINGS. There's another HUMAN on this keyboard. Are you so caught up in your glory as a priest of cyberspace that you've lost contact with humanity? Humans fight back. Bots are supposed to have directives to prevent that.

Look at how nasty and mean you've been to me. "Poor baby." What makes you do something that mean spirited? I made a mistake of not PMing a mod. I notice my PM inbox has been empty from the get go. Most sites a mod at least welcomes you. I often ask questions and get to know someone a bit that way. Instead you suggest I go somewhere else?

I asked this thread be closed. I'll ask again kindly.

21. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

BTW... PM me and talk to me. I don't bite and I don't draw first blood. I am a compassionate and even patient man though.

22. Balerion Banned Banned

I don't think this Hector fella is long for these here forums.

23. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

*tsk tsk*

Physician, heal thyself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.