Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George1 Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I am not saying they should be on the same ship or mission as the scientists and explorers. I think they should be in the same fleet. The explorers should be the only ones going outside the borders of the Federation in peacetime ( unless they want to play world police like the United States ). Anyways, about scientists and the military I got something I think you should take a look at:
    https://mrmc-www.army.mil/
    http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/
    http://www.army.mil/info/organization/unitsandcommands/commandstructure/rdecom/index.html
    http://www.army.mil/info/organization/unitsandcommands/commandstructure/amc/

They are scientists and officers of the US Army.

There is a difference between the intelligence agency and Special Operations. The intelligence agency and military intelligence aren't Special Operations forces ( The OSS was kinda like Special Operations ). Anyways, Section 31 is an autonomous force, where illegal activities happen and people go trigger happy ( or refuse to carry out missions ). They are still not professional soldiers and commanders.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

I GOT YOU! This time you ARE wrong. What I mentioned above is a directly taken from Season 6 Episode 18 - Inquisition. So I got you!!! :deal:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

there is a difference though..what they do is not legal OR illegal. Because Starfleet doesn't confirm OR deny it's existence. As proven in S6E18 - Inquisition, Sisko inquired to Starfleet about Section 31 and about the officer in question, and the only thing they told him was "We'll look into it and get back to you." Which of course they never did.

8. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

I wish the Dauwd hadn't wiped out the Husnok

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Because if they were still around, they could have turned the tide when the Borg or the Dominion attacked. Their defensive technology was impressive as proven in TNG.

I wonder though. Why didn't they get the Nausicans to join in on the Dominion wars or during the Borg attacks? :/ maybe they were too arrogant and didn't want to help? :shrug:

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

They are just like the Emporer's Hand right?

10. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Lol. It is also wierd how the Republic Commandos series , I, II, III, the new cartoon movie, and other EU sources mention how elite the clone forces are especially the commandos, but the stormtroopers suck in IV, V, VI big time. Leia, Han, Luke and Obi-Wan would have been dead in less than 10 minutes on the Death Star if the quality of the troops were like that in the clone wars.

12. George1 Registered Senior Member

many are pirates or just mercenaries,bodyguards, and all kind of these stuff.
    but they look cool!

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

what i said is cannon,and it has been stated and made clear it is a rouge agency in both Enterprise,DS9 and other sources.
    even if they would not be,i don't see how they are better than soldiers.

now MACO's ,Military Assault Command Operations from Enterprise is far
    more suited for what i mentioned: having both military trained personal and
    scientific personal!
    They were not associated with Starfleet (Earth Starfleet),which is by far more secure than having all the personal loyal to Starfleet.

14. George1 Registered Senior Member

hehehe,it is funny.

the reason it didn't end like that is because the first Death Star needed a few hours to recharge,obviously screwing up such an attempt,as the rebels would
    have some time to evacuate.

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I think it would be better tactically if the Empire sent an armada of Star Destroyers to bombard the rebels and Special Forces to storm the base, the Republic Commandos ( later Imperial Commandos ) are more than formidable enough. It seems that the most elite of the Empire disappears from the movies.

16. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  17. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

What you said doesn't matter....that's what was stated during that episode. And you can't change it. You like all the others are incorrectly using the word. Just because many stupid Americans and Brits can't accept the true meanings of words, does NOT give them the right to change the meanings. The definitions are the defintions. And as for rogue here it is:

Rogue \Rogue\, n. [F. rogue proud, haughty, supercilious; cf.
    Icel. hr?kr a rook, croaker (cf. Rook a bird), or Armor.
    rok, rog, proud, arogant.]
    1. (Eng.Law) A vagrant; an idle, sturdy beggar; a vagabond; a
    tramp.
    [1913 Webster]

Note: The phrase rogues and vagabonds is applied to a large
    class of wandering, disorderly, or dissolute persons.
    They were formerly punished by being whipped and having
    the gristle of the right ear bored with a hot iron.
    [1913 Webster]

2. A deliberately dishonest person; a knave; a cheat.
    [1913 Webster]

The rogue and fool by fits is fair and wise. --Pope.
    [1913 Webster]

3. One who is pleasantly mischievous or frolicsome; hence,
    often used as a term of endearment.
    [1913 Webster]

Ah, you sweet little rogue, you! --Shak.
    [1913 Webster]

4. An elephant that has separated from a herd and roams about
    alone, in which state it is very savage.
    [1913 Webster]

5. (Hort.) A worthless plant occuring among seedlings of some
    choice variety.
    [1913 Webster]

so as you can see, 'rogue' is not a synonym for 'independent'. Therefore your use of the word is wrong.
    And before you say it, Section 31 is NOT independent, because the have ties to Starfleet, and since the have ties to something they are therefore NOT independent.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  18. George1 Registered Senior Member

19. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

nerve PINCH

maybe he was bodybuilding

20. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Wow, I guess I should either feel good about this, or figure I'm not at all observant... But if you asked me if a Vulcan would have any problem doing a nerve pinch on Vadar, I'd have had to investigate. Never even occured to me that Vadar has armor there. Seen Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi so many times, but I only really cared about the weapons a ships and the speed and dogfighting

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  21. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

well actually if you observe closely it's just fabric...I don't think he his chest casing includes the area around his rotator cup, because then he wouldn't be able to wield a light saber.

on another note:
    you know I was looking at an espisode of DS9 yesterday (it included Kor) and I got to thinking: if he was able to fend off 10 Jem Hadar ships -- after he disabled the're warp drives using his deflector dish -- with just one Bird of Prey, he could have trained a lot of people in the Alpha Quadrant. But unfortunately he didn't have any more 'friends' in the empire, and had no more unfluence...

(maybe it also had to do with the fact that he was suffering something akin to Alzeihmers)

22. George1 Registered Senior Member

i kinda doubt vader would not sens him the moment he beamed aboard,let alone
    spock being able to to the pinch through the suit.
    Last time i checked,the pinch needs to be done on a nerve,so how could he do
    it when Vader's suit was in the way?
    any way,i liked it.FUNNY!

23. George1 Registered Senior Member

i found this site:http://tv.blinkx.com/show/star-trek-deep-space-nine-dsn/aUx8T5giaqX_XD0E
    i can watch the episode anytime (once i get the sound on my computer back)
    so can you tell me what episode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.