Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Jinn the hippy with a lightsaber Registered Senior Member

becous he wanted to deal with luke himself but he didnt know that han solo wuld soot him down

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So... Vader doesn't know everything going on around him?

Or did he Want Solo to shoot him down?

I'm confused now... if Vader was aware of his surroundings via the Force, how did he get shot down so easily?

And technically, it was his Wingman that got hit first... so he even had time to react. He didn't.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Qui-Gon Jinn the hippy with a lightsaber Registered Senior Member

ok becous he was looking at his wing man so he didnt reackt becous of the shok of seeing his man expload outof the blue

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

So, apparently he can sense a cloaked ship that isn't part of the Force, and yet he can't sense one that is and isn't cloaked? And what about in ESB? He couldn't sense that the ship was hiding on the back of an ISD.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*nods* Obi-Gon, Vader has proven himself to be, dare I say, inept with the force. If an exploding wingman is all it takes to send him into shock, what would happen when the entire Galactic Armada is obliterated around him?

9. creeping_death Registered Member

Hey Hellblade8, the video you had attached on the photos is that from one of the ST movies, or no? If so whats the name of it I want to check it out.

Thanks.

10. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Isn't a borg ship more space itself than actual ship? So there's less mass to destroy?

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Vasago, Borg Ships have incredibly thick, damage resistant armor. Their ships are very well compact but huge to facilitate the space needed for large scale assimilation.

And even if it were empty space, to transfer that kind of energy across empty space to affect other parts would simply increase the power of the weapons strike.

12. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Its two battle scenes. Most of it is from Way of the Warrior from an episode of DS9, and the other is a battle with some episode in an alternate universe, also from DS9.

13. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Not really. Their ships aren't much different than others, and as Kitt just said, it actually makes the weapons more powerful.

14. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

IS there proof that Q actualy has this power. I don't know?:shrug:
    I know he moved a moon. But he might be exagerating about how powerfull he really is.
    Maybe they are so advanced that they have transportercapabilities way beyond UFP.
    I don't know but if they can be everywhere they know about the SWgalaxie too. For billions of years even, yet they leave them alone

who knows maybe Q's power is the force and is that the reason why it can't be detected by UFP

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

just kidding

15. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I know their are a lot of things that can't be replicated but spareparts for voyager itself would be possible. Didn't i read voyager was in the end capable of restoring(healing) itself? sounds neat though

16. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

and St doesn't ? transporting itself defies all logic and reality. Ok maybe we will be able to transport something solid, eventually but lifeforms troughout space. lmao.

17. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

StarWars is king

18. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

and in startrek it does ?

19. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

euh the ds might be slow in normal space but it has indeed hyperspace. Allmost everthing in sw does. I said allmost.

20. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

are u sure a torp can make a 90degre turn on such a small space? I think it rather hit the surface. If it get that far that is.

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

he does have a point here. Jedi and sith would indeed forsee many things.
    I still wtick with my original idee. The only thing ST has going for it is Q.
    I'm still checking out how to defeat him but eventually the solution will come to mind.

22. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Can you please type a little slower. thx i had the same problem when i started. peace dude

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

why would it increes? In space there's nothing to hold back that power?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.