Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

A warp field works by compressing space around you or something like that on ST.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

One more comment, the hyperspace drive does't also seem very logical. It would look better in a modern art museum or a model of a quantum computer than being able to be used as an actuator of a FTL traveling device

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Ummmmmm... First of all, the Feds would just go to the opposite side of the DS and fire at the exaust port. (Who said the DS even has sheilds) Second we have already proven that a turbolaser does not have 12.5 gigatons of kenetic energy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Replicators require energy to use and there are some things they cannot replicate.

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The first DS did have shields, however they were not overlapping shields. Small one man fighters could fit through the seam areas. The second DS would not have had this weakness, nor would it have had the vulnerable Thermal ports ports. There are advanced plans for a third DS in both Alliance and Imperial Remnnant hands. The space station after allis not based on any unique technologies. Most likely a Third Death Star was not built becuase of the near Impossibility of building one in secret. The second Death Star was only six months along in the project when the Emperor leaked the information. It probably still would have been discovered anyway and come under attack.

Second you have not proved a single thing about the Turbolaser, other than you have no clue what you are talking about.

Finally the only reason that the Thermal port was discovered as a weakness was that the Alliance had a full blue print of the Battlestation and time to analyze it. How well s earth going to do when it comes out of hyperspace destroys the planets then hyperspaces back out. There would be no time for a detailed scan of any type.

9. Qui-Gon Jinn the hippy with a lightsaber Registered Senior Member

star wars wins

10. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Both Death Stars are already destroyed, so it hardly matters either way. And you have proved nothing about Turbolasers.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Like I said before: "This is a post. If you want proper Grammar wait for the dissertation." Or you can pay me. If you are not willing to pay then STFU.

All of Trek shows and movies may be canon but that means you must admit that a 400 gigawatt blast can and will collapse the shields of a Galaxy class starship. I was trying to give you a way of accepting that fact and mitigating it in argument by showing that unless the attack in pinpoint (under 100 square centimeters) the 400 gigawatts does not really apply. Then you have to contend with shelds that can repel muliple 64 megaton strike. Of course you guys could not accept such a gift from me, as you are too wrapped up in vitrolic hatred of me and the fact that I have shown you up again and again.

Fine, I don't care.

Canon Source: TMG Episode True Q Galaxy class Warp Core produces 12 billion gigawatts or 1.2E19 watts per second

Canon Source: ICS: Attack of the Clones. Heavy Turbolaser has the equivalent firepower of 12.5 gigatons in one shot or 5.225E19 watts per 0.06666...seconds

Even if later models of the Warp core increase the power output of the Warp core by 300%, ST ships still out powered ~15 to one, by just one of the main guns of a SW capital ship.

12. Qui-Gon Jinn the hippy with a lightsaber Registered Senior Member

the Death Star is kool it make planets go BOOM!!!!!

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

We have seen no limits to the Jedi. ROTS proved that as Anaking and Obiwan were fighting just scant inches aboved a river of Lava. They should not have been able to breathe. But the thing is you have to prove he can, since you are the one who is claiming he can.

Yes, but he has not helped in any WAR type sistuation. He has not helped in a single conflict with Mortals, even the Borg. Thus the burden is on you to prove he would. Which will be hard as the past indicates to him he won't care.

Then Mace would easily get rid of Q. Hell, Yoda could do it as little green men are scarier.

Interfered to benefit mankind? Only Three times and each of those times was a test. He has NOT ONCE interfered in a war and there fore won't especially a war between humans.

Unles you are paying me to respond, STFU about the grammar.

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually they were mentioned long before that in a Table top Wargame, however Gene did refer to them like that on occasion. Where I originally got them was so fan magazine however as I bought the table top wargame second dhand in '96

15. Qui-Gon Jinn the hippy with a lightsaber Registered Senior Member

thats right scott tell those fucking star trek fags

16. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

When someone mentions a barrage of that type the assumption is one time for each cannon. Especially since they have a 2 second recharge rate for barel cooling and the guns dedicated reactor to recharge the capacitor. Don't you pay attention to little details like that?

However if you want to question the firepower we could always decide to claim only one Turret is fired at a time giving a firepower of 100 gigatons which screws you over even more. So do the world a favor, quit bitching and accept canon and small concessions we make for you.

17. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

It has not been proven that it has hyperspace nor your scorces on the Turbolaser, don't ignore USS Exeter's posts as you do Hellblade8s just because their posts rupture your happy little fantasy land where SW is king.:m:

18. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

And what do you consider "Proof"?

19. Qui-Gon Jinn the hippy with a lightsaber Registered Senior Member

shut up you supid star trek fags and stop cornering TW Scott

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hey, I happen to be a fan of Star trek too. I just hate that these idiots fly in the face of everything Gene and his staff have created.

Truth is even Gene Roddenberry knew that all out war Star Wars would crush Star Trek. Hell, the man admitted if it wasn't for Star Wars there would be no Star Trek Movies or any series beyond TOS.

21. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

What the hell are you here for?

22. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hello? How the hell do you think the Station got to Alderaan or Yavin?

Second the Trubolaser stats are canon figures from the EU which in no way comes into conflict with the movies. therefore it is canon.

BTW I do not respond to Hellblade8's posts becuase once I prove one thing he switches to another argument where I trounce him yet again and then he goes back to the first. Of course Hellblade8 is not his first moniker and I have been fighting him and his sock puppetry for some time.

23. Qui-Gon Jinn the hippy with a lightsaber Registered Senior Member

well im sorry for that scott plz forgive me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.